Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

No, only clue was that Dry Dock Dave is onboard for a 10 day TA from PC. She had stated in the thread Explorer departed today, I thought.

I have subscribed to that thread. Port Canaveral webcam has 1730 as a departure time so will watch around that time. Thank you

Edited by emmy

From a draft perspective there is ZERO reason why Ovation would not be able to sail into Miami. Her draft is only calculated to be 29 feet. The SS Norway sailed from Miami for years and had a draft of 34 feet. Perhaps the limitation is more to do with beam (135 feet at waterline, 162 feet max) or length (1142 feet). Or maybe the draft consideration the captain on the quantum spoke of was for "non-scheduled" stops which may have to use other piers than the ones on the north side of Dodge Island, and therefore be limited in their ability to handle such a large vessel?

Why would RCI drive pricing down on Oasis in PC by putting something newer (ovation)?That just doesn't make sense at the moment.

Explorer deployment seems to open up Asia for Ovation... Still would love to see her in South Florida, but there seems to be an abundance of ships here already.

Received a e-mail today with this on it not sure if this has been report on here yet or not sorry if it has.

2016 Sailings from Southampton

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - SPAIN, FRANCE & PORTUGAL - 8 NIGHTS

21 May 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - NORWAY INC. OLDEN & STAVANGER - 8 NIGHTS

29 May 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - CANARY ISLANDS - 10 NIGHTS

6 Jun 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - BALTIC INC. COPENHAGEN & AN OVERNIGHT IN ST. PETERSBURG - 12 NIGHTS

16, 28 Jun 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - ITALIAN MEDITERRANEAN - 14 NIGHTS

10 Jul, 7 Aug 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - MEDITERRANEAN INC. CORSICA & SEVILLE- 14 NIGHTS

24 Jul 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - FRANCE & SPAIN - 7 NIGHTS

21 Aug, 15 Oct 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - WESTERN MEDITERRANEAN INC. BARCELONA & LISBON - 13 NIGHTS

18 Sep 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - CANARIES & NORTH AFRICA - 13 NIGHTS

1* & 28 Oct 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

Hi, thanks for that! [emoji5]

Do you also have any information regarding Transatlantic Eastbound (US --> Europe) for both Independence and Navigator otS?

Would be great, thanks in advance!! [emoji5]

From a draft perspective there is ZERO reason why Ovation would not be able to sail into Miami. Her draft is only calculated to be 29 feet. The SS Norway sailed from Miami for years and had a draft of 34 feet. Perhaps the limitation is more to do with beam (135 feet at waterline, 162 feet max) or length (1142 feet). Or maybe the draft consideration the captain on the quantum spoke of was for "non-scheduled" stops which may have to use other piers than the ones on the north side of Dodge Island, and therefore be limited in their ability to handle such a large vessel?

If you are going to use the 76,000 GT SS Norway in comparison to the 168,000 GT Ovation, you haven't thought this argument out well.

Most navigation channels are not flat bottomed but are "V" or "U" shaped, and usually have varying charts as to the draft at a particular width, usually described as the "wetted width", such that ships that are narrow can have a deeper draft, but ships that are wider must have a shallower draft.

And as mentioned previously, that draft typically applies to the entire length of the ship, such that edges of turning channels or depths at either end of a pier might be more shallow than the draft at that point of the ship, such that a ship with the same draft but 100' shorter might fit, but Quantum would not.

Similarly, the company or captain might decide that the margin isn't large enough to handle potentially varying conditions, so even though one company/captain is OK with taking the same sized ship into that port, another might not.

Without detailed charts and specifications, a suggestion that there is "zero reason" will nearly always be wrong (obviously there isn't "zero", as at least one captain stated concerns).

Looks like Royal has not forgotten the West Coast people of USA in 2016 !

Jewel of the Seas is visiting Los Angeles 2/10. 9/10. 16/10

http://www.portsamerica.com/cruise/los-angeles-terminal.html

This Jewel re-deployment must have just been decided upon. It is amazing that these calls were just found within the past two weeks.

I notice in the press release that Explorer will keep 3 west coast sailings, but they have not booked them yet. They will all overnight in San Francisco.

The press release stated they will now move to September.

Why would RCI drive pricing down on Oasis in PC by putting something newer (ovation)?That just doesn't make sense at the moment.

Explorer deployment seems to open up Asia for Ovation... Still would love to see her in South Florida, but there seems to be an abundance of ships here already.

If the original plan was still in place where Anthem ended up in PE for winter seasons both Oasis and Allure or at least one of them would have still sailed from PE and most likely at the same price levels. ???.

I do agree though that having her in South Florida would equally be great for some. Hopefully we will all find out soon and what the surprise is :)

If you are going to use the 76,000 GT SS Norway in comparison to the 168,000 GT Ovation, you haven't thought this argument out well.

Most navigation channels are not flat bottomed but are "V" or "U" shaped, and usually have varying charts as to the draft at a particular width, usually described as the "wetted width", such that ships that are narrow can have a deeper draft, but ships that are wider must have a shallower draft.

And as mentioned previously, that draft typically applies to the entire length of the ship, such that edges of turning channels or depths at either end of a pier might be more shallow than the draft at that point of the ship, such that a ship with the same draft but 100' shorter might fit, but Quantum would not.

Similarly, the company or captain might decide that the margin isn't large enough to handle potentially varying conditions, so even though one company/captain is OK with taking the same sized ship into that port, another might not.

Without detailed charts and specifications, a suggestion that there is "zero reason" will nearly always be wrong (obviously there isn't "zero", as at least one captain stated concerns).

I do not disagree with any of your points, and if you read my post I clearly state that MAXIMUM draft of the Ovation is not the limiting factor as the port has handled a ship with a much deeper maximum draft on a regular basis for years using the same channel, turning basin and pier facilities that the Ovation would use.

I did pose the question that her beam and length may be an issue, and I do understand that associated draft at those maximums could play a factor. The Ovation is a significantly larger ship than has previously sailed from Miami and I do not doubt that the turning basin, channel and berths may not be able to handle her.

Do you also have any information regarding Transatlantic Eastbound (US --> Europe) for both Independence and Navigator otS?

Sorry no the company that have sent this e-mail have been very careful with the info released at a guess I would suggest that Inde leave the USA on the 1 May for a 13 night TA, it also states the following INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS SET TO RETURN TO SOUTHAMPTON PLUS NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS AFTER HER £50 MILLION MAKEOVER!! don't think I can name the company on here. Will keep a eye out and update when I hear anymore.

Any information on dates / ports for Jewel of the Sea's Venice sailings that can be found would be much appreciated! I may have to rearrange my cruise plans.

Information is spotty at best right now.

Jewel arrives at Venice around the 20th of May, 2016.

It is unclear if they are going to include Venice overnights in these sailings.

Jewel is found at Dubrovnik on the 22nd of June returning from Greece to Venice on the 23 June, most likely.

Jewel returns the 3rd of August again to Dubrovnik from Greece and then on into Venice the 4th of August. The same is repeated on the 14th of September and into Venice on the 15th.

She seams to maybe leave Venice on the 28th of September. the 29th at Split.

Independence Of The Seas Depart: 04:00 PM 05/01/2016 Fort Lauderdale - Port Everglades, (Dock)

Independence Of The Seas 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM 05/02/2016 CocoCay, Bahamas (Tender)

Independence Of The Seas 05/03/2016 At Sea

Independence Of The Seas 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM 05/04/2016 San Juan

Independence Of The Seas 07:00 AM - 05:00 PM 05/05/2016 Philipsburg, St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles

Independence Of The Seas 05/06/2016 At Sea

Independence Of The Seas 05/07/2016 At Sea

Independence Of The Seas 05/08/2016 At Sea

Independence Of The Seas 05/09/2016 At Sea

Independence Of The Seas 05/10/2016 At Sea

Independence Of The Seas 05/11/2016 At Sea

Independence Of The Seas 05/12/2016 At Sea

Independence Of The Seas 05/13/2016 At Sea

Independence Of The Seas Arrive: 05:30 AM 05/14/2016 London, Southampton, England

Nothing for Navigator yet

Adam Goldstein, the current head of Cruise Lines International Association, CLIA and CEO of RCCL discussed the need for port variety for future growth in Asia, while in Singapore at the end of a 22 day visit to the Asia/Pacific region.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/port-variety-crucial-to-asia-cruise-growth-goldstein-says.html

I am surprised Explorer is still on sale to Singapore arriving 9 May from Fremantle.

I always knew Royal never announced Asia as part of the Explorer of the Seas deployment but the fact she was always arriving Singapore 9 May that is what always made me think she was not going to Alaska. I looked regularly to see if these cruises were still on sale.

Good move by Royal, delivering increased capacity across the Pacific, around HI and Alaska. All cruises should sell well.

So I guess the repo will be either:

- Retain the Apr 28 Perth - Singapore sailing and repo via Japan or Phillipines & HI. Will arrive a bit late in the Alaska season. Or

- Cancel the Perth - Singapore sailing and repo via Sydney, French Polynesia and HI the usual way. Arrive a bit earlier in Alaska.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I guess the repo will be either:

- Retain the Apr 28 Perth - Singapore sailing and repo via Japan or Phillipines & HI. Will arrive a bit late in the Alaska season. Or

- Cancel the Perth - Singapore sailing and repo via Sydney, French Polynesia and HI the usual way. Arrive a bit earlier in Alaska.

Well worded Geoff saves me writing the same.

I also read Ex will include some West Coast sailings. Maybe 1 or 2 round trip from LA on the way to Seattle

3 in September from LAX according to the press release.

Fremantle to Singapore cruise arriving 9 May 2016 still on sale. So no time to please the West Coast USA people on the way to Seattle.

I also read Ex will include some West Coast sailings. Maybe 1 or 2 round trip from LA on the way to Seattle

Hey bigeck,

The West Coast sailings are in September, after the Alaska season. Three sailings, all of 7 nights according to the press release:

http://m.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1136/royal-caribbean-announces-2016-europe-and-alaska-adventures/

Well worded Geoff saves me writing the same.

[emoji4] Cheers.

So which one? I'm guessing the latter because it should be higher revenue and also an earlier arrival at Seattle for the (short) Alaska season.

[emoji4] Cheers.

So which one? I'm guessing the latter because it should be higher revenue and also an earlier arrival at Seattle for the (short) Alaska season.

They could send the last one Fremantle to Hong Kong or Japan to save time.