New Vista Ship - Aft Wrap Balcony

brightfeather

Hi,

I've only cruised with Carnival once quite a long time ago, but we've now booked a Mediterranean cruise on the new Vista ship September 2016. We booked a premium vista aft balcony (9C), cabin #8470. We really like aft cabins and the wrap around balcony sounds wonderful.

I'm hoping you'll tell me what other ship is most like this new Vista, and which ship's premium vista balcony cabins are most like what will be on the new Vista so I can go look at some pictures. Any other info on that type of cabin would be much appreciated. Is this 9C cabin bigger than a regular balcony cabin or is it just the balcony itself? I know the lay-out of the cabin is different for obvious reasons. We're excited to go to the Med for the 1st time and excited to try this new ship and Carnival again.

Yes the cabin will be bigger as well. It's layout is different too."believe " the bathroom is the same size, but then again I really can't say what they will do on the Vista because it's completely different and no one has really seen it yet.

Honestly, you could look up the deck plans of the Breeze and then go to cruise line rooms. com and look at the pictures of the rooms for the aft wraps and get an idea of what the rooms look like and the layout are, but it will just give you an idea.

No one really knows what Carnival is going to do with those rooms. I'm sure they will keep them similar though.

The dream class ships - dream, magic and breeze - would be most similar.

The inside cabin area is pretty much the same size - though due to their irregular shape probably slightly larger - bit the balcony is the real star of those cabins and not at all comparable to a standard balcony

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Kelley for the info. The pictures on Carnival's website aren't much to go on, so I'm hoping for the best. When we cruise we normally get a mini-suite or larger but with this being such a port intensive itinerary (and cost wise) we decided this was the best way to go. I didn't really see a couch in any of the pictures but surely the cabin must have one?

We booked an aft wrap balcony on the Vista for the TransAtlantic. When we booked the only aft wrap left left was on Deck 9 and our Carnival PVP was surprised it was an 8D rate. It is an odd shaped cabin on the deck plan but appears to have a longer wrap since it is deck 9. It also has an overhang above it so less sun but more shade and protection from rain. The cabin probably does not have a couch but that is fine with us.

We have had the aft wraps on the Carnival Pride and Conquest and have enjoyed them. The suite aft wrap on the Pride and Spirit Class ships are the best as Cruisin Karen said.

The only drawback it the occasional soot flakes and cigarette butts. We usually wipe down the deck chairs and loungers with a towel before sitting on them.

75730777-84a6-40bb-bfe6-24c96b2a395d_zps96c2c027.jpg

Edited by M&T ReadyToCruiseAgain

We booked an aft wrap balcony on the Vista for the TransAtlantic. When we booked the only aft wrap left left was on Deck 9 and our Carnival PVP was surprised it was an 8D rate. It is an odd shaped cabin on the deck plan but appears to have a longer wrap since it is deck 9. It also has an overhang above it so less sun but more shade and protection from rain. The cabin probably does not have a couch but that is fine with us.

We have had the aft wraps on the Carnival Pride and Conquest and have enjoyed them. The suite aft wrap on the Pride and Spirit Class ships are the best as Cruisin Karen said.

The only drawback it the occasional soot flakes and cigarette butts. We usually wipe down the deck chairs and loungers with a towel before sitting on them.

75730777-84a6-40bb-bfe6-24c96b2a395d_zps96c2c027.jpg

We are doing a B2B-the Europe cruise from Athens and the Transatlantic. We have an aft wrap on deck 8. We love them but I'm not sure about this time. Instead of the ocean being our view, we get the pool on deck 5 (and they get to see us too)!

We are doing a B2B-the Europe cruise from Athens and the Transatlantic. We have an aft wrap on deck 8. We love them but I'm not sure about this time. Instead of the ocean being our view, we get the pool on deck 5 (and they get to see us too)!

I hear what your saying, but at least with the wrap you can look out to the side. I prefer the aft view without the pool area too.

I hear what your saying, but at least with the wrap you can look out to the side. I prefer the aft view without the pool area too.

I thought of that too. But I think that the pool really distracts from all the aft cabins. You don't get them to see a pool below. What part of N. VA are you from? we're in NW VA, used to live in Alexandria.

Since this has become an informal roll call for aft wraps on the Vista TA, you can add us in cabin 7450 on a b2b with the final Med cruise. We have become quite addicted to the aft wraps, and try to get them on all of our cruises. The balcony is the obvious draw. One of my favorite aspects is that you are never on the wrong side of the ship when you are in port, as you get a 270 degree view. Another favorite aspect is the ability to move from the side of the ship to the rear to get sheltered from the wind.

The goccl site (the travel agent site) has official cabin square footage for every cabin onboard. According to it, the square footages for a regular balcony on the Vista are 185 inside, and 35 on the balcony, with aft extended balconies showing 185 inside and 60 on the balcony, and finally aft wrap balconies listed as 185 inside and 75 on the balcony. Having had both an aft extended and an aft wrap, I am skeptical of these numbers, as the wrap balconies feel like they are at least twice as large as the aft balconies, as opposed to the official difference of only 15 square feet.

The bottom line is that you are going to love your aft wrap balcony, however, be warned it is going to ruin you for all other balcony types in the future.

• 1 month later...

Did anyone see that the aft wraps and aft cabins on decks 6 and 7 have been changed to Havana categories and get the perks for Havana? I wonder why decks 8 and 9 don't get them? Decks 8 and 9 still get the same view (the pool below).

Did anyone see that the aft wraps and aft cabins on decks 6 and 7 have been changed to Havana categories and get the perks for Havana? I wonder why decks 8 and 9 don't get them? Decks 8 and 9 still get the same view (the pool below).

Good question. We have one of the deck 9 aft wraps for the TA. We booked it on January 24th as an 8D balcony rate; now it is showing up on the deck plan as a Premium Vista Balcony 9C category. The deck 6 and 7 aft wraps are now an HM category. I'm sure the price tag for an HM is quite a bit more. It would be nice to have access to the Havana deck, but would not be willing to pay a big premium.

Good question. We have one of the deck 9 aft wraps for the TA. We booked it on January 24th as an 8D balcony rate; now it is showing up on the deck plan as a Premium Vista Balcony 9C category. The deck 6 and 7 aft wraps are now an HM category. I'm sure the price tag for an HM is quite a bit more. It would be nice to have access to the Havana deck, but would not be willing to pay a big premium.

I'm pretty sure that the people on decks 6 and 7 did not get a price increase. Maybe for future sailings the price will be a little higher but not for the ones who've already booked those cabins.

I'm pretty sure that the people on decks 6 and 7 did not get a price increase. Maybe for future sailings the price will be a little higher but not for the ones who've already booked those cabins.

I agree that Carnival will not be charging an increase to the higher category rate for an existing booking. I was just thinking about future bookings and paying a higher rate for an HM aft wrap would not be enticing for me. But I'm sure some folks will still grab them up.

I agree that Carnival will not be charging an increase to the higher category rate for an existing booking. I was just thinking about future bookings and paying a higher rate for an HM aft wrap would not be enticing for me. But I'm sure some folks will still grab them up.

I just noticed...we are on the Bermuda cruise with you this year.

I just noticed...we are on the Bermuda cruise with you this year.

Yes, we exchanged some posts above in this thread in early February about the hotels in Norfolk. Looking forward to Bermuda, we have never been there; so three days in port there this year and another visit to Bermuda again next year on the Vista.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I've only cruised with Carnival once quite a long time ago, but we've now booked a Mediterranean cruise on the new Vista ship September 2016. We booked a premium vista aft balcony (9C), cabin #8470. We really like aft cabins and the wrap around balcony sounds wonderful.

I'm hoping you'll tell me what other ship is most like this new Vista, and which ship's premium vista balcony cabins are most like what will be on the new Vista so I can go look at some pictures. Any other info on that type of cabin would be much appreciated. Is this 9C cabin bigger than a regular balcony cabin or is it just the balcony itself? I know the lay-out of the cabin is different for obvious reasons. We're excited to go to the Med for the 1st time and excited to try this new ship and Carnival again.

This is amazing... I am in the exact same cabin 8/06!!

• 1 month later...

I am booked in the same cabin for the June 10th Barcelona to Athens 10 day cruise. We have been on several aft balconies in the past, but this is our first aft wrap balcony. I was a little nervous booking without seeing what it was like in the real world, but I am hoping that it lives up to the hype of previous cabins. The mock up picture that they use on the website is the exact same one that they used for the Breeze. If it's comparable, I think this should be an awesome experience.