Avalon Airport Transfers in Paris - on my own pre cruise?

hmcrn

We are staying a night before the cruise in Paris. If we stay at the same hotel that Avalon uses for their pre cruise package, but don't purchase the package, will the airport transfer take us to that hotel? Or will we have an issue?

We wanted to stay at the same hotel, because some friends are staying there (bought the pre cruise package), and we wanted to stay at the same place. I looked the hotel up online, and we can pay almost half of what the cruise line is charging. Any and all suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks everyone!!!

Can't comment about transfers from airport to hotel, however when we travelled with Avalon in 2013 from Frankfurt we organised our own hotel stay at a different hotel before the cruise, On the day of the cruise we made our own way to the assigned hotel for transfer to the ship, in our documents it stated what time we needed to be at the hotel for the transfer to the ship. We met the cruise director there, other passengers (though a lot seemed to be very tired and were snoozing), luggage was taken to ship separately and could have tea/coffee etc. Not sure if we will head to the hotel or straight to the ship for the start of our Grand France cruise in September this year, have booked to stay at Hotel Le Clos Notre Dame the night before.

Unless you booked air through Avalon you will need to get your own transport from the airport to hotel and from hotel to ship.

That's not exactly true. Avalon will bring you to the ship, everyone meets at the hotel, and then Avalon transfers you to the ship from there. The hotel used two years ago was not in a good location, it was a large "convention" type hotel. One could definitely find a nicer hotel in a nicer area, and then simply take a cab to the hotel for a few Euros the day of the cruise, or even go right to the ship, but that would cost more by cab.

Thanks everyone. Our issue is that we already pre purchased the airport transfers through Avalon. I don't know if we can cancel them or not, but I thought if they are to the same hotel, they might honor them? Although, it's a day early. If not, we may find a different hotel to stay in for the one night. We will speak to our TA soon, and she may have some ideas as well. Thanks again!

We originally wanted to stay at Hotel Albe Saint Michel on the recommendation of a work colleague but was sold out.

Hubby wanted to stay around that area, close to the metro St Michel(we will be arriving by train from Strasbourg at gare de le'est - direct on line 4), also close to metro Odeon (read somewhere that boats dock at Quai Andre Citreon) so if we decide to go straight to boat we can catch metro line 10 to Javel Andre Citroen. If we decide to go to the hotel allocated by Avalon(showing as Pullman Paris Montparnasse for March sailings)we could also catch the metro(but bit of a walk) we will probably catch a taxi and is not too far.

Also liked that it is a small hotel, has an elevator and good reviews. Hope to visit Musee Orsay this time and will be an easy walk. Lots of cafes around the area too as we will probably have breakfast at a cafe nearby.

Price(231 euro/334AUD) was a bit more than would normally like to pay but we have decided that this will be our splurge hotel(only one night) during our 8 week trip away! If I was to choose a different location I would have booked Hotel Tourisme Avenue.

Debbie