Freestyle Choice PLUS - change in promotion

Alegeeter

It looks like the Freestyle Choice PLUS changed and instead of choosing between

- OBC

- UBP

- UDP

- KSF / 50% off

they changed it back to the special they were running last weekend where you automatically get the KSF and can still choose 1 of the other 3 options (except suites and Haven which get all).

The wording now is "Your 3rd & 4th stateroom guests are automatically free PLUS choose between: - Unlimited free dinners, - $ to spend on board per state room, - Unlimited free spirits, wine, beer, juices, and sodas"

It was my understanding before that if you wanted KSF you had to choose it as your option. Maybe NCL saw how popular the weekend sale was so they decided to slyly put it back into effect?

For anyone who booked within the last few days, check your reservations and call for adjustments!

Edited by Alegeeter

- OBC

- UBP

- UDP

- KSF / 50% off

they changed it back to the special they were running last weekend where you automatically get the KSF and can still choose 1 of the other 3 options (except suites and Haven which get all).

It was my understanding before that if you wanted KSF you had to choose it as your option.

For anyone who booked within the last few days, check your reservations and call for adjustments!

Thanks for the heads up. I checked - and you are right it's offering KSF plus your choice of another promo.

My sailing is saying that the UBP is sold out, actually saying "This Meta" is sold out, try another sailing. I am still going to try when my CAS contact calls me back, but one other question, if you don't mind......what is the age that NCL charges full price for kids/teens in the up-charge restaurants? I have twin boys who will be 14...assuming the UDP would be "worth" more compared to the $200 OBC.......am I off base here? Thanks!

what is the age that NCL charges full price for kids/teens in the up-charge restaurants? I have twin boys who will be 14...assuming the UDP would be "worth" more compared to the $200 OBC.......am I off base here? Thanks!

From NCL's Dining Guide:

"CHILDREN EAT FOR LESS

Children 3-years old and younger always eat for free. In our specialty restaurants, children 4- to 12-years old can choose from a complimentary Kids’ Menu or from the restaurant’s Specialty Kids’ Menu for half price. Excludes dinner and a show dining events."

If you prefer eating in speciality restaurants (meaning that you would do it anyway so much that you'd spend more OBC to them than UDP would cost) then UDP is a better deal. However keep in mind that in order to benefit from the UDP more than OBC all of you really need to eat in speciality restaurants a lot. Of course more passengers in one cabin eating in speciality restaurants, lower is the point of breaking even.

Edited by Demonyte

I assume you mean the wording in my original post...

When you are on the booking screen, put your cursor over the little bars next to the price that indicate the promos that you can get with that rate.

Am I allowed to post screenshots of the NCL site? If so, I have one ready to post if it would help you.

From NCL's Dining Guide:

"CHILDREN EAT FOR LESS

Children 3-years old and younger always eat for free. In our specialty restaurants, children 4- to 12-years old can choose from a complimentary Kids’ Menu or from the restaurant’s Specialty Kids’ Menu for half price. Excludes dinner and a show dining events."

If you prefer eating in speciality restaurants (meaning that you would do it anyway so much that you'd spend more OBC to them than UDP would cost) then UDP is a better deal. However keep in mind that in order to benefit from the UDP more than OBC all of you really need to eat in speciality restaurants a lot. Of course more passengers in one cabin eating in speciality restaurants, lower is the point of breaking even.

Thanks!

The wording now is "Your 3rd & 4th stateroom guests are automatically free PLUS choose between: - Unlimited free dinners, - $ to spend on board per state room, - Unlimited free spirits, wine, beer, juices, and sodas"

The terms & conditions of the promo have not yet been updated, but this sounds like good news for a lot of people!

I assume you mean the wording in my original post...

When you are on the booking screen, put your cursor over the little bars next to the price that indicate the promos that you can get with that rate.

Am I allowed to post screenshots of the NCL site? If so, I have one ready to post if it would help you.

Yes, that's what I meant! Thanks!

I did a quote for a sailing I am on and it definitely worked!

Looks like my sailing opened up the UBP with the KSF......now if I can just get through to a CAS rep.......would be worth about $1000......worth the hold!

If I helped at least one person save from this post then I am happy! Definitely worth the hold. Good luck!

Thank you so much for posting this - and thank you NCL for revising the promo today :))

We booked the Jan 30 2016 Escape sailing on Tuesday - price was $3,319.48 for 3 adults in a Spa Balcony with two having the UBP. Today the third person rate went from $699 to -0- so new cost is $2,620.48. 3 spa passes and 2 beverage packages would cost approximately $1,350 for 3 people and they are included with this stateroom pricing. I think that is just amazingly wonderful - we loved the Getaway and cannot wait to sail on the Escape. We could have had an aft facing balcony for the same price but with no spa ... decided to go for the spa this time since we didn't use our aft facing balcony on Getaway as much as anticipated.

I also give thanks for finally giving the PCC who has been mailing us for the past few months a try. This lady is great and responds almost immediately to emails. If she's busy she'll say so and give an estimate when she will be able to call. LOL she also knows how to combine the AARP discount with the Freestyle Choice promo which I could not figure out how to do.

However, please also note that the promotion for the 3rd & 4th guests is not always free. It depends upon the particular sailing. The wording under the "Kids, Friends & Family Sail Free" description includes this qualifier:

"The 3rd & 4th guests in your stateroom sail FREE on most sailings. During peak times of the year, the 3rd & 4th guests are automatically half price."

For those "peak-time" sailings, the specific promotion is:

"Your 3rd & 4th stateroom guests are automatically half price, PLUS choose between: Free Specialty Dining, Up to $300 Onboard Credit, or Free Ultimate Beverage Package."

And I also see that you still get 2 Freestyle Choices with Europe and Hawaii sailings, as was the case with the previous promotion.

Kids Sail Free, but technically with this offer it is Friends and Family Sail Free. Basically, guests 3-8 in a cabin are either just taxes or 50% fare plus taxes depending on the date and sailing.

Technically KSF has always been (at least as long as I remember) 3rd-8th sail free, there has not been a age limit and now they changed the naming convention to clarify that even further. :)

Technically KSF has always been (at least as long as I remember) 3rd-8th sail free, there has not been a age limit and now they changed the naming convention to clarify that even further. :)

Agreed. Should have clarified my original statement. Thanks!

- OBC

- UBP

- UDP

- KSF / 50% off

It was my understanding before that if you wanted KSF you had to choose it as your option. Maybe NCL saw how popular the weekend sale was so they decided to slyly put it back into effect?

Yes you are right. I just checked our booking and the website was giving me the same price and promo like last weekend.

This is great news for everyone who missed the sale last weekend.

Is there an easy way to find out which dates are KSF, and which days are 50% off? Thank you!

Here is link to Norwegian cruise search page. I've already narrowed the search down to the 254 cruises that have the Freestyle Choice Plus Promo.

http://www.ncl.com/vacations/2-guests-freestyle-choice-plus?sailingmerchandisingspecials=4294903344&cruise=1&cruiseHotel=1&cruiseHotelAir=1&cruiseTour=1&numberOfGuests=4294915774&advancedSearch=true

If you know what ship you want select that ship. Then hover your mouse over the Freestyle Choice Plus Icon for the cruise itinerary you are interested in and it will either say

Specials

FreestyleChoiceMerchandisingIcon.png Your 3rd & 4th stateroom guests are automatically half price PLUSchoose between; Free Specialty Dining, Up to $300 Onboard Credit, or Free Ultimate Beverage Package.

or

Specials

FreestyleChoiceMerchandisingIcon.png Your 3rd & 4th stateroom guests are automatically free PLUSchoose between; Free Specialty Dining, Up to $300 Onboard Credit, or Free Ultimate Beverage Package.

There are some cruises that have different Freestyle Choice promo but you'll see what applies when you hover your mouse or select the cruise. Europe, Hawaii, our 14 day Dawn repo cruise in October just to name a few examples :)

For those interested in Alaska it looks like most of the Alaska sailings fall under the passengers 3 and 4 sail free - even the 9 and 10 day itineraries this May. ARGHH I wish I were rich.

Just in case NCL's filter for Freestyle Choice Plus isn't accurate here is link for all 356 cruise vacations in their system.

http://www.ncl.com/vacations/#filter-expanded

Sorry if this is somehwere and I am missing it..... I missed out on the KSF and the $200.00 OBC this past weekend. Now I can get the KSF and either the UDP or the UBP. Husband does not drink and our 3rd person is 20 years old. If I take the UDP do all three of us get it? Also, on the UBP do they add 15% to your account for every drink you order or is this included in the deal?

Edited by reno3