Freestyle Choice PLUS - change in promotion

Alegeeter

Is there an easy way to find out which dates are KSF, and which days are 50% off? Thank you!

I was in the middle of composing a reply to you when I just saw kjquilts' reply. So here is some supplemental illustration. The "Freestyle Choice Plus" icons shown for each cruise date/stateroom type are either purple or green. The ones marked with purple indicate free sailing for the extra guests (see first screenshot example below*). The ones marked with green are 50% off (second screenshot below).

* The examples shown are for two different itineraries. The first example is for a Mediterranean cruise; that's why it indicates that you get 2 Freestyle Choices (plus the free guests). The second example is for 9-day Caribbean on the Gem.

16451786321_91aba914ab.jpg

16267615157_208a487afb.jpg

Sorry if this is somehwere and I am missing it..... I missed out on the KSF and the $200.00 OBC this past weekend. Now I can get the KSF and either the UDP or the UBP. Husband does not drink and our 3rd person is 20 years old. If I take the UDP do all three of us get it? Also, on the UBP do they add 15% to your account for every drink you order or is this included in the deal?

All 3 would get the UDP. The 15% gratuity on drinks is included in the free UBP (you won't have to pay it with each drink).

Edited by mnventure

All 3 would get the UDP. The 15% gratuity on drinks is included in the free UBP (you won't have to pay it with each drink).

Thank you. Now I am thinking of upgrading to a mini suite with large balcony for an addiitional $300.00. I now have one of the "bump" cabins. I still get the KSF and UDP. Any input either way??

Edited by reno3

Our email in-boxes getting "bombed" in the last 48 hours with this latest month long promo - came home and got a postcard on the same promo.

OBC is new for anyone booking an "Inside" but OBC reduced for those in Oceanview & (regular) Balcony categories - it was $200 last month but now cut to $50 and $75 per stateroom, respectively. We locked our $200 OBC and we got other OBC so Mrs. M will enjoy spending it on the ship.

In comparison, UBP and UDP would be a better deal if one do drink and wanted to eat in all the specialty dining in the evening. As Platinum, we get dinner for 2 (two nights between us) and a bottle of wine - and, for other nights - we'll stick with being Freestyle's no reservation options, and, if we wanted to eat in Cagney or Asian, etc. - we will just use the OBC to offset it.

I have a couple of questions. If I book now with the KSF AND the UDP, what happens when there is a price drop before final payment. Do you get the price drop and keep the other things? Or do they rebook the whole thing? I have plenty of time to watch prices.

Also, if I book now with the KSF AND the UDP, can I call later to upgrade? Would I keep the KSF and the UDP?

Thanks.

Maggie

I have a couple of questions. If I book now with the KSF AND the UDP, what happens when there is a price drop before final payment. Do you get the price drop and keep the other things? Or do they rebook the whole thing? I have plenty of time to watch prices.

Also, if I book now with the KSF AND the UDP, can I call later to upgrade? Would I keep the KSF and the UDP?

Thanks.

Maggie

If the promo has ended, they would rebook the whole thing and you would lose the promo.

OK. Thank you. I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade from our current inside rooms on the Pearl Alaska cruise. Right now we have 2 rooms for the 5 of us (one I1 and one IC). I got KSF for one room and AARP (my mom) with $25 OBC for the other. It would cost us about $900 more to upgrade to two OK rooms. But we would get about $600 worth of UDP. However, we probably wouldn't get the UDP without the promo, so not sure I can look at it like that. While I would look forward to eating in the specialty dining rooms each night, we wouldn't do that without the promo because we are easy to please so don't see the need to pay extra. We might have eaten in the specialty restaurant once on the night of our anniversary.

The real issue is that I am pretty confident the prices will come down before our cruise based on the numbers I am seeing currently for the 2015 Alaska cruises. So not sure it is worth messing with the reservation since I expect I might rebook next year when (if) prices come down. Hopefully we will see another KSF promo next Feb!

Other info about us. We normally get inside rooms and are happy with that. We have never eaten in a specialty restaurant. We've also never been on NCL - only Carnival and RCCL.

Maggie

Just booked the Gem for Jan 2016 and got the KSF plus the UBP for my wife and I. My daughter gets the soda package. Pretty good deal. Worth more than $1000 for a 10-night sailing. Total cost, including port fees and taxes was $3349. With no airfare to pay for -- we live in NJ about an hour from NYC port -- it's a fantastic deal.

Just booked the Gem for Jan 2016 and got the KSF plus the UBP for my wife and I. My daughter gets the soda package. Pretty good deal. Worth more than $1000 for a 10-night sailing. Total cost, including port fees and taxes was $3349. With no airfare to pay for -- we live in NJ about an hour from NYC port -- it's a fantastic deal.

That really is a great deal!

Just a bit of a tip... If you put those graphics in your signature side by side, instead of in a giant column, it wouldn't take up an entire screen. You could have 3 rows of 2 each, maybe 2 rows of 3 each would fit, but I doubt it. Anyway, just trying to be helpful.

Kids Sail Free, but technically with this offer it is Friends and Family Sail Free. Basically, guests 3-8 in a cabin are either just taxes or 50% fare plus taxes depending on the date and sailing.

Where do you see guests 3-8 are free? I can find guests 3+4 free but I've been hoping for 3-8 and can't find it.

For that matter, if you go through the motions of doing it online they try to charge you for everyone!

Where do you see guests 3-8 are free? I can find guests 3+4 free but I've been hoping for 3-8 and can't find it.

The "Terms and Conditions" contain the details regarding either free or 50% off for guests 3-8:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPagesPopup.html?pageId=wave15terms

"Kids Savings:

Kids Sail Free on select sailings, Kids are 50% off all other applicable dates. Government Taxes, Port Expenses & Fees, and discretionary onboard service charges are additional. Offer valid for third through eighth guest sharing a cabin with the first and second guest paying full fare. This is a cruise only offer. This promotion is not applicable on Cruisetours or BUNDLES."

OK. Thank you. I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade from our current inside rooms on the Pearl Alaska cruise. Right now we have 2 rooms for the 5 of us (one I1 and one IC). I got KSF for one room and AARP (my mom) with $25 OBC for the other. It would cost us about $900 more to upgrade to two OK rooms. But we would get about $600 worth of UDP. However, we probably wouldn't get the UDP without the promo, so not sure I can look at it like that. While I would look forward to eating in the specialty dining rooms each night, we wouldn't do that without the promo because we are easy to please so don't see the need to pay extra. We might have eaten in the specialty restaurant once on the night of our anniversary.

The real issue is that I am pretty confident the prices will come down before our cruise based on the numbers I am seeing currently for the 2015 Alaska cruises. So not sure it is worth messing with the reservation since I expect I might rebook next year when (if) prices come down. Hopefully we will see another KSF promo next Feb!

Other info about us. We normally get inside rooms and are happy with that. We have never eaten in a specialty restaurant. We've also never been on NCL - only Carnival and RCCL.

Maggie

Another thought...Alaska is worth a balcony splurge. It is so scenic. Just a thought...

Is the gratuity that is normally charged when purchasing the beverage package also included/part of free promo or do we have to pay the gratuity? Thanks!!

Clearly stated in T&C of the promo (also asked/answered here on CC several times today) - gratuities are included.

Edited by Demonyte

We had originally booked last October and noticed that prices had come down on our stateroom. Called our TA and got $440 off the price of our room, $349 off for our son using the KSF, UBP for DH and I, AND our TA threw in $100 OBC. We had to give up the original OBC that we had from the previous promo that we booked under, but the $789 back in our pocket plus the other new perks more than made up for that!

We booked a Europe sailing Thursday 2/5/15 and receive UDP + UBP for DH and I only, and got our two children for $0 (KSF). Noticed today that for the exact same thing the price was $60 less. Called in and was told by a NCL rep that we would receive the $60 savings, DH and I would still get UDP + UBP, kids will still be $0 but now the two kids will also receive UDP + UBP!

Edited by laniriveira