mini's and full suites folks

jrstarheel

We just got off the Sapphire on Sunday from Alaska. The new beds are in the suites. The bubbles is champayne. The dvd is in the room working but there is no dvd library. We actually got a few photos burned to a cd and watched our trip on the tv through the dvd player. The beds are high!

We asked if there was going to be a dvd library- they had no clue.

Jan

Just off the Diamond on 09-10. Was in a full suite thanks to the upgrade fairy.

Did not get champagne, but we do not drink. Did have a wonderful mattress.

Don't know for sure what kind, but my husband and I both thought it was wonderful. Didn't see a pillow menu, but asked for feather and got it. The sheets were nice but the bedspread was somewhat worn. No duvet yet.

Just a heads-up re: perks. We have stayed in the top suites on several ships, & have usually had to ask for some of the perks - especially the champagne. We noticed that you really don't get any "special attention" in these suites, it just depends on how good your room steward is - & the best we've ever had was in a standard room! So be assertive - if the bubbly isn't waiting - give your steward a call! (they leave their phone #'s on the desk).

ok who is going to be the first to report on the new linens. pillows, duvets etc. We are all dying to hear about them.

jimbob

grand and car. p

golden on 10-22

d412

I was on the CB on 9/3/05 and didnt get any of that. I was in a mini-suite on Dolphin 422 to be exact. I was very dissappointed as I saw other rooms getting new mattresses. My room steward said they are only allowed to do 2 rooms per week??? I saw an awful lot of mattresses getting switched out. I must say the pillows were pretty fluffy. I dont know what a duvet is, so I cant answer that for you. There were no new linens either, just plain white sheets.

Sorry

Brenda

Does anyone have the press release or newsletter stating all the new upgrades as of Sept. 1, 2005. I really need to get a copy of it. I was in the Mini-suite and got nothing.

I was very dissappointed, I actually paid extra money at last minute to upgrade to the mini-suite because of the new amenities and got nothing.

you can send it to me if you have it please

Jusbrenfl@aol.com

Thanks Brenda

Brenda,

Here's a list of the new mini-suite perks. The newsletter said they would be available "beginning September 2005." That could be read two ways, that they would be available everywhere September 1, or that they would be phased in by Princess starting sometime in September.

Sorry none were available on your cruise. I also want to echo what trixie54 said, that in a full suite on our cruise in July we had to page our room steward to request the champagne. Hope despite the fact that you didn't get the new amenities that you enjoyed your cruise! :)

Suite and Mini-Suite passengers can enjoy:

• Complimentary champagne at embarkation
  • Top of the range 'Beautyrest' mattresses
  • Luxury 100% Egyptian cotton, high-thread count ivory satin striped bed linens
  • Fluffy European duvets
  • Pillow menu
  • Massage shower heads
  • Luxury towels

Do mini-suite passengers get priority embarkation/debarkation?

No, just full suites and platinum/elite-level Captain's Circle members. If you're supposed to be in the priority embarkation line, there'll be a silver/grey sticker on the clear plastic folder that your tickets come in. The "Express Check-in" sticker doesn't entitle you to a faster line, it just means there's less paperwork for you to fill out when you check in.

I just came off the Caribbean Princess (9/10-9/17) We were in a VS. (LOVED IT!)

Here is what we got and didn't get:

New mattresses, sheets, pillow menu: no. but sure wish we had!

Dvd/Cd with libruary: no.

welcome glass of champagne: yes

The new Lighted make-up mirrors: yes, and LOVED it!

tote bag: yes, but I had to inquire about it at the pursers desk

new Luxury robes: yes, but did not use them

we also got all the other perks that usually come with the suite.

• 2 months later...

We just got off the Dawn this morning after ten glorious days and nights. Never sailed before, but our mini was fabulous. The new sheets, duvet and pillows were wonderful. We slept with the sliding door open every night and were very comfortable. How wonderful to sit in the tub and listen to the ocean outside.

Archived