mini's and full suites folks

jrstarheel

We had the champagne, mattresses and upgraded bathroom goodies on the Golden week before last, but not the duvets, sheets and pillows. They will definitely be a wonderful change to those old warn out bedspreads.

Hopefully within the next few weeks all will be in order and we will get some reports back since all is not supposed to be in place until sometime in September.

We just got back from a mini on the Sun. We got the champagne, and I don't know about the duvets and sheets; they seemed typical to me. But we loved all the room in the mini-suite; so much bigger than the one we had on NCL. And the tub was a jacuzzi!

On Island Princess embarking on Aug. 20th in Whittier we had the shower head, new mattress and a glass of bubbly on arrival. That was all, but it was nice! We also saw LOTS of stacked up mattresses on the dock in Vancouver waiting to be put on the ship so it appears they are doing the upgrades in stages!

We're on the Pacific now and today, September 1st, new waffle robes were delivered to the cabin. These are really NEW, as in never been used. I really don't anticipate anything else in mid-cruise and, in the middle of Indian Ocean. :) :) :)

Arlene

We're on the Pacific now and today, September 1st, new waffle robes were delivered to the cabin. These are really NEW, as in never been used. I really don't anticipate anything else in mid-cruise and, in the middle of Indian Ocean. :) :) :)

Arlene

Wow Arlene, are you having a great time? Of course you are what a silly question! What about the pillow menu. Have you seen anything about that?

Sun Princess minisuites are very similar to Vista Suites on Grand-class ships. The tubs are jacuzzi tubs.

OF COURSE! - Sorry I didn't notice you were on the SUN ---Those are the HUGE Minnis --with the Full Suite Prices!!!

On my "WISH LIST" !!!! :D

The minis on the Sun aren't similar to the minis on the Grand Class ships - they're just like the VS, PS & PH suites on the Grand Class ships. That's why there was a jacuzzi tub in it.

The new, better quality sheets will be a welcomed relief! The ones we had on the Coral in 2004 were scratchy. They felt like they were made out of paper! Had to use my own pillowcase from home or risk having lacerations from their pillowcase!! :D

Arlene

They delivered the same robes (still in the original package) to us on the Golden three weeks ago. I was a bit surprised having a brand new one, but it was very nice!

Jacuzzi in the tub in a Mini :confused:

You're kidding.............I doubt Princess will be replacing all the bathtubs!!!

Me??? I got tired of waiting for a comfortable bed - just booked HAL Zaadam :p

Renee, didn't your mini have a new mattress on the Golden? We had one and it was fantastic, no morning back ache like I have tried to get used to on Princess ships. :(

OMG-You are sailing on HAL with none of the Elite Perks offered for past guests? What will you do???????????? LOL

Wow Arlene, are you having a great time? Of course you are what a silly question! What about the pillow menu. Have you seen anything about that?

Oh course we're having a great time, even w/o a pillow menu. :D We have five pillows and 2 of them are quite acceptable. Now if only I could say that about the mattress..............:eek:

Renee: How will you survive on a ship w/o free laundry? See how spoiled we've gotten?

Arlene

Toto - Our matress was AWFUL on the Golden - asked James (Steward) to replace it - and he put another "topper" on top (2) it was just OK - but NO - it certainly wasn't new - or if it was.....they better replace AGAIN!

Arlene - I think I can survive for only a 7 day cruise??? I'll just have to start building status on HAL.....or book a suite :D Miss you......

I've read that the complimentary mini-bar refers to the original stocking not any re-stocking of what is used. Is there some soda (or pop depending on where you live) and bottled water in the fridge? If so, is this complimentary or added to the shipboard account as in other cabins.

Thanks!

The complimentary mini bar is as follows:

2 bottles of water

2 bottles of Perrier

2 cans of beer

6 cans of assorted soda

8 or 10 little bottles of assorted booze (didn't count them)

We immediately change our 6 cans of soda into Diet Coke; others change their booze into soda too. We prefer to add them to our collection and we don't care for Coke products. First change I get I buy Diet Pepsi.

When you deplete complimentary items no new items appear. You want more, you buy more. Ships' prices are pricey; best to bring your initial supply on board and replenish later on (referring to long cruises).

Arlene

Archived