Cruise personaliser

Malefage

Have booked a cruise on Aurora for central Med in May. We have cruised about 6 times before with P and O and have always filled in the cruise personaliser ourselves. The travel agent seemed to be quite insistent that we fill in their form and they would fill it in. The travel agent said that was what we pay them for.

Are there any benefits one way or another or does the lady just want some work to do!!

One time when I booked with a TA they said the same but I logged into my CP to check the details myself. Good job I did as they had entered my passport details wrong. I amended them myself. Best to check just in case!!

Having found this topic, is anyone else having problems with their cruise personaliser recently?

I've input all our details OK, except the passport numbers. It keeps deleting them, even though I input them twice, as per the form, then save the info. When I go back into it later on, the numbers aren't there.

After doing this twice on different days, I called P&O. After holding on for 10 mins, as my call was answered, I was cut off. In fury I had to start all over again. This time my call was answered after 8 mins & I gave the girl my phone number immediately, to call me back should it happen again. Anyway I gave her the relevant info & she input it on my behalf.

She said it will appear in the personaliser after 24 hrs. I just looked again (4 days later) to check it..... guess what? No passport numbers :eek: :mad:

Do I have to go through the painful process of calling P&O again? Or retype those very long passport numbers (twice per person.) Any ideas?

Do I have to go through the painful process of calling P&O again? Or retype those very long passport numbers (twice per person.) Any ideas?

Are you sure you are putting the correct passport number? It should be 9 digits long which I would not term very long. There are other numbers on your passport. Maybe you got mixed up? I know I kept putting in the wrong code on another site (nothing to do with cruising), it is easily done.

I have input data in the last day or two. The only thing it did was to keep insisting I had not put my husband's data in, but I realised this morning that I had left out his country of residence (UK). When amended it was quite happy and ticked the box - so make sure you have filled everything in and clicked SAVE (or whatever it is you need to click at the bottom of the page to ensure the details are entered). As previously said, you may have mistaken the passport number. The home page of the cruise personaliser should show a green tick in the box that gives things to do on the home page of the personaliser, to indicate it is complete.

On the other hand the P&O website is not the most reliable.......

After posting this thread I decided to input our data. I also had difficulty in persuading the data to register. I also found I had not put in our country of residence as UK.

After rectifying this it seemed to keep the data but when I logged in again it had disappeared! It now seems to have accepted the info but I am keeping my fingers crossed! Perhaps I should have left it to the TA after all.

I have had trouble for the first time with personalized. It wouldn't print my luggage labels and I go in less than 4 weeks. I emailed P and O as I refuse to do the phone thing. I got a reply today telling me my labels and sticker are printed and in the post for me. Email is much easier than hanging on the phone!!