Princess@Sea APP

MTNestr

It's in the Play Store listed as Princess Cruises Messenger. It can't be used until you are onboard and have Princess @ Sea open. I'll post again next week when I'm on the Regal to report on how it works.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gcm.princess.messenger&hl=en

Very cool! Looks like it was released just 5 days ago. Still nothing showing for iPhone...

It's in the Play Store listed as Princess Cruises Messenger. It can't be used until you are onboard and have Princess @ Sea open. I'll post again next week when I'm on the Regal to report on how it works.

Thanks!

I looked this morning and didn't see it.

When I installed it, it said there were 10 (ten) downloads. Now, THAT is popular!

Edited by pablo222

Thanks!

I looked this morning and didn't see it.

When I installed it, it said there were 10 (ten) downloads. Now, THAT is popular!

That's twice as many as when I downloaded it :rolleyes: At this rate it could triple by next week and get as many as 30! :D

It's only been out a few days and it's also hard to find because the title is a little different than expected.

Just hope it works as advertised. No more post-its.

That's twice as many as when I downloaded it :rolleyes: At this rate it could triple by next week and get as many as 30! :D

I did enjoy the splash screen:

"...can only be used onboard one of our ships..."

Not very optimistic.

Even when I search the play store for:

"Princess Cruises Messenger"

the actual app is way down in the list.

I said I would report on how well the app works once onboard the Regal. Well, here I am on the beautiful Regal but nothing to report because Princess@Sea is Currently Unavailable. Very disappointing. I was counting on at least having Princess@Sea to use in my cell phone to help me find my way around the ship, but instead had to resort to the paper map! Darn. Internet Manager hasn't a clue when the system outage will be resolved.

I said I would report on how well the app works once onboard the Regal. Well, here I am on the beautiful Regal but nothing to report because Princess@Sea is Currently Unavailable. Very disappointing. I was counting on at least having Princess@Sea to use in my cell phone to help me find my way around the ship, but instead had to resort to the paper map! Darn. Internet Manager hasn't a clue when the system outage will be resolved.

Sound like you are saying the Wifi was out and not a case of app not working?

Crzn-Life says the post is from the ship, so it sounds as if Wifi works, but not the ship's intranet.

The app works on wifi on board the ship, internet does not come into play at all you put you devise in airplane mode. Do not connect to internet.

Have used it on DCL ships. Called Navigator App on DCL.

I run my model trains with my cell phone with a system very similar to it on a router in my train room not connected to internet. Stand alone wifi connected to computer and command station on trains connected to computer. App is in the phone and tablet that is my throttle. New world. Ain't your daddies trains no more.

Can run a 100 at one time on same track if I were that good.

Happy cruising.

Thanks for answering. Was out to dinner. :)

We found it a bit buggy on the Crown a couple of weeks ago. My daughter could access everything, including her folio; I was able to access everything except my folio. I kept getting an error message that my account wasn't recognized. Nothing I did or tried worked nor could anyone onboard help me. My daughter even tried signing in to my account on her iPhone in case it was a setting on my iPhone. No dice, no folio.

As Frank says, no messaging yet on the Crown.

This is the error message I got every time I tried to create an account to view my folio:

c952b5ff25db4fe2854e55e0fd810f0c.jpg

Pam, The login and password to access the Internet is different from the password to access your account. I found that a bit confusing at first. Once I set up a separate login and password for account access it worked fine on the Crown last week. I don't remember needing to do that on the Regal last September.

Pam, The login and password to access the Internet is different from the password to access your account. I found that a bit confusing at first. Once I set up a separate login and password for account access it worked fine on the Crown last week. I don't remember needing to do that on the Regal last September.
Yup... I'm aware of that since I used it on the Royal in 2013 and again last September. :) My daughter is even more tech savvy than I am and she wasn't able to create the log-in for the Intranet. The Internet Cafe Manager wasn't able to either. I had no problem accessing the Internet and all of the features of Princess@Sea. It was only my folio that I couldn't access which leads me to believe that it was an onboard Princess problem.

Sound like you are saying the Wifi was out and not a case of app not working?

No, I said the intranet was not working. Wi-Fi is working and you can connect to the internet otherwise I wouldn't have been able to post. It is just the inTRAnet that is out and the app Princess@sea is not available.

TV isn't working right either.

Update: As of early this a.m. they were able to get the system repaired and the intranet on the Regal is now working so Princess@Sea is now available. The best news is that the messenger app I installed on my android phone also appears to be working. However, I won't know for sure how the texting goes until I can find someone onboard with whom to exchange texts. DD boards on the 22nd & if the app is available for her iphone we'll know for sure then. Also plan on talking to the Internet Mgr to get more info on how it should be working.

Update: As of early this a.m. they were able to get the system repaired and the intranet on the Regal is now working so Princess@Sea is now available. The best news is that the messenger app I installed on my android phone also appears to be working. However, I won't know for sure how the texting goes until I can find someone onboard with whom to exchange texts. DD boards on the 22nd & if the app is available for her iphone we'll know for sure then. Also plan on talking to the Internet Mgr to get more info on how it should be working.

I have both an Android and an iPhone, but the rest of my family all has iPhones, so I am hoping that the iOS version is available by our March 8 cruise. I hope you're able to try it out next week and have success with it!

The app I downloaded from the Play Store doesn’t really work. The internet manager was surprised I was able to download one since he said there wasn’t a working one:rolleyes:. You can exchange messages through Princess@Sea (i.e. regal.princess.com). Once you set up your account, there is a tab for messages. Messages can be exchanged using User IDs. At any rate, if you set up the intranet account and open it in your phone, tablet, or computer you can exchange messages as well as check your shipboard account, etc.

Just got off the Royal, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I used it quite often during the cruise. I was very impressed at how quickly the onboard accounts were updated.

One improvement I'd like to see is the ability to mark certain events that you are interested in, and maybe a reminder pop up.

Please don't misunderstand me, I think this is an awesome use of technology. Just thinking of improvements.

Thanks again to the folks of cruise critic for bringing this to my attention!

Just got off the Royal, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I used it quite often during the cruise. I was very impressed at how quickly the onboard accounts were updated.

One improvement I'd like to see is the ability to mark certain events that you are interested in, and maybe a reminder pop up.

Please don't misunderstand me, I think this is an awesome use of technology. Just thinking of improvements.

Thanks again to the folks of cruise critic for bringing this to my attention!

Did you load app after boarding or before you went. to ship?

Did you load app after boarding or before you went. to ship?

It's not an app. You are using the intranet aboard the ship then using your web browser you go to royal.princess.com

This loads the page, as long as you stay within these pages, and don't go to the internet you have no problem, and it remains free.

It gives you the daily patter, you can set up an account to view your shipboard account. It also shows you where on the ship the venues are located.

I would like it to be on the Island by our Mar 21 cruise, however I don't think that is happening. Did enjoy using it on the Ruby in Jan.

Marsha,

Did the Ruby have the messenger, or just the Princess@Sea?

:-)

Bonnie

It's not an app. You are using the intranet aboard the ship then using your web browser you go to royal.princess.com

This loads the page, as long as you stay within these pages, and don't go to the internet you have no problem, and it remains free.

It gives you the daily patter, you can set up an account to view your shipboard account. It also shows you where on the ship the venues are located.

Thanks now i understand how PCL's system is working will becusing in Nov.

Used it on the Golden Princess in late January.

Could use it to see what was going on for the day; book shore excursions; and check your account!

You needed to set up an internet account--but if you only used the Princess at Sea portion, you didn't need to buy minutes for internet usage.