Riviera Fitness Facility

buchsco

Assuming they have the same equipment as Marina....elliptical machines are kind of light weight so they rock a bit. I've heard others comment on that. Treadmills are ok, not great, but ok. It does get busy at certain times, but as others have said it depends on demographics. We always managed to get the full workout in.

How is the gym on the Regatta? What about classes, etc.?

It is a bit smaller than the O class ships

They usually offer yoga or pilates for a fee or the morning walk etc

Check the daily CURRENTS for times & prices (if any)

I have taken spinning classes for a fee on both size of ships (Regatta and Marina). Please make sure you sign up for the classes. Sometimes people just show up and those that are signed up get the bikes.

)

Interesting Mike, I see Regatta has Precors...which are usually pretty decent. It's hard to make out from your Riviera pics the elliptical brand, but the treadmills are Technogym.

The Riviera pics were from LHT28. I didn't put in my Riviera gym pics. I did look at some of my non-review gym pics and the ellipticals on Riviera are TechnoGym brand.

The Riviera pics were from LHT28. I didn't put in my Riviera gym pics. I did look at some of my non-review gym pics and the ellipticals on Riviera are TechnoGym brand.

Thanks Mike, that solves the mystery! I think Insignia also had Technogym.

I know it wasn't Precor or I would have been doing a happy dance when I saw it. Wonder why Regatta got the good equipment?

This shows how everyone is different and two people on the same cruise might review it very differently. I know zilch about wine and couldn't care less what vintages are on board....but, quality of fitness equipment, that's a hot button for us.

Marian

the photos are of Marina gym as I did not check out the Riviera last yr & my photographer is falling down on his job ;)

I think as the equipment wears out they get the newer types

Our 1st cruise on Insignia in 2004 had some good stuff for the times but it may be the same stuff only not so good brands any more ;)

Mike is usually the one in the gym I go now when forced;)

I prefer walking the deck if possible

Lyn

Slightly off topic, but can anyone tell me the length or how many laps it is per mile on the small outdoor track on the Riviera? I know it's small but would love to have an idea of how long it is. Thanks!

Edited by lesliek

Slightly off topic, but can anyone tell me the length or how many laps it is per mile on the small outdoor track on the Riviera? I know it's small but would love to have an idea of how long it is. Thanks!

I am not sure but I think it was 13 laps

I rarely go up there it is too windy

I am sure someone will know for sure

Others will correct me if this memory if false, of that I am quite sure, but I have a vague memory of reading a plaque that is up there with Betsy (Mrs. Hondorner) -who is a walker- which says that it is something like 7.5 laps to the mile.

FLDA102-1024x674.jpg

Looking at the ship from afar, the fitness track, which runs around the smokestack, just under the big blue O, seems to run slightly less than one third of her length of 780 feet, so, if a "fitness lap" is between 700 and 800 feet, then my memory is "in the ballpark", anyway.

ok my brain is not fully functional today :mad:

the ships is approx 784 ft if the track is 1/3 of the ship that is approx 261 ft

then you go around both sides so X 2 = approx 522 ft

1 mile = 5280 ft

5280 divided by 522 = approx 10.12 laps

ok my brain is not fully functional today :mad:

the ships is approx 784 ft if the track is 1/3 of the ship that is approx 261 ft

then you go around both sides so X 2 = approx 522 ft

1 mile = 5280 ft

5280 divided by 522 = approx 10.12 laps

Yes AND No :p

Your logic would work if the two "Laps" were side by side, but the track is actually vaguely triangular

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpMooRjrRAa9dxC1O4W59CU5O_zQflHsUTovCpKrRRgpsp2-kDUA

-so to your numbers, we'd have to add on a walk across the full width of the ship at the stern, which is another 105 feet, plus whatever the distance around the funnel is, and I'd give that another 50 feet easily.

12pg-vertical.jpg

I am a gym rat and found the gym and equipment on Riviera to be adequate. We did the Med and it was rarely crowded in the early mornings when I work out.

I forget the brand name of the machines but there was enough variety for a decent full body workout. Good selection of free weights. I would have tried their yoga class but I observed one and it was very entry level.

Edited by caviargal