Suggested Cutback

Giorgi-one

I think you are spot on. I do believe that the daily newsletter even lets you know when the band will be playing.
It certainly does, so if someone doesn't want to listen to music by the pool (or wants that soft recorded music), they would know that the pool area will probably be not to their liking. Edited by NLH Arizona

IMO, the problem isn't the music, it's the volume of it. They have the dial turned up to 11 most of the time which is incredibly annoying and disturbing. I don't mind the music, but turn it down a bit. They don't need to play it so loud that the next island can hear it before we arrive.... :p

I'm one who loves his music loud, too! But there's a time and place for it. Afternoons by the pool, just keep it at a reasonable level to where people can still talk with one another without having to YELL! During the evenings, when playing, say, in the lounge, turn it up as much as you want! Let people dance and party to it then.

Alright, everyone grab a chair, but I'll agree for a moment that on Summit at Martini bar the music was too loud. :eek:

However, what I discovered is it was a problem with the volume adjustment knob, that the staff is aware of but has not yet been fixed. It is either high or low and they just can't tune to a mid range due to the malfunctioning volume knob. It's not loud because they want it there, it's loud because the lower volume is way too low when busy.

Hopefully someone has realized this on board and can fix it.

Alright, everyone grab a chair, but I'll agree for a moment that on Summit at Martini bar the music was too loud. :eek:

However, what I discovered is it was a problem with the volume adjustment knob, that the staff is aware of but has not yet been fixed. It is either high or low and they just can't tune to a mid range due to the malfunctioning volume knob. It's not loud because they want it there, it's loud because the lower volume is way too low when busy.

Hopefully someone has realized this on board and can fix it.

We did a B2B Cruise on the Summit March/April 2014 and the music in the Martini Bar wasn't too loud.

I think you would get loads of complaints if you removed the band on Caribbean cruises. I just wish they would bring back the bands that play island music with the steel drum bands.

Exactly this. I miss the reggae/Caribbean music! I don't mind the party band, but I would much prefer steel drums!

You don't like the band or DJs at the pool? Go elsewhere. Don't recommend for Celebrity to cut it just because you don't like it... there are 3000 other people on the ship who might!

I don't participate in bingo or ballroom classes - but I'm not going to ask Celebrity to cut those activities because they don't affect me and I know other people enjoy them.

We loved the band - The Smart Casuals - that were on our cruise last month and loved lounging by the pool in the afternoon listening to them with a drink in hand!

I guess I'm not most people either nor are a lot who cruise with Celebrity who like the bands.

BTW, I'm not the demographic that Celebrity is trying to attract. Some of us older folks like the bands/music.

Wish people would just speak for themselves and not say they are speaking for most people, when they are not.

I agree completely. Some one complained about loudness on our recent Eclipse cruise and was heartily shouted down. I am amazed that without the slightest actual data, someone can speak for us all.