Chops Price Increase to $39

cjhbeh

So if you boil water and try to put a live frog in it, it will just jump out.

But, if you put a frog in the pot with the water at room temperature and slowly turn up the heat it will just sit there and cook.

Slowly the price goes up and those have enjoyed Chops several times over might not pay attention to the price slowly rising. Maybe if we all just pass on it they will bring the price back down? Think it would work?

They say the cost is just to cover the service provided but we always tip on top of that. So, what the hey?

Our last seven night on Serenade our group of six enjoyed outstanding service in MTD, set the time at the beginning of the week and same waiter and assistant waiter. Never missed going to the premium venues and no regrets not going!

Seriously.

Nice try twisting the point and what was said.

So let's make it simple...$5 increase...get over it if it bugs ya. :rolleyes:

Actually they didn't twist the point at all. You said:

"The point is that costs go up, and if every $5 change is such a "big deal", then some folks might as well rethink cruising."

We are paying $30 on Enchantment next week, so that will be $60.00. Be it $25, $30, $35 or $39 a person, I still think Chops is a good deal for what you get be it only 1 or 2 or 5 steaks on the menu. We were out for dinner at Sullivan's in Indianapolis last October and for the 3 of us the total cost for our meals with one apetizer, meat item, side dishes (priced separately), , no salad, drinks, and no desert (The gave us one for free to share since it was our anniversaty), hit about $275 (About $91.00 each). Now I'm not saying that Chops is Sullivan's quality but I think for what you get it is worth it and yes it has gone up from $25.00 since our first visit to Chops. The only thing that would prevent me from going to Chops again after our cruise next week will be if we don't really care for the new items on the menu as everytime we had gone previously I would order the large sirloin with the baked potato and I will have to order someting different this time. It will not be because of the price increase if we don't go again.

Review to come after the cruise! :cool:

As long as passengers continue to go to Chops and pay the pricing - it will stay - once they start to suffer attendance - could be the only thing that would drive a price adjustment - however, when have you ever seen anything that has gone up - go down? ha ha :)

They say the cost is just to cover the service provided but we always tip on top of that. So, what the hey?

First, they don't say the cost is just to cover the service; they say that it includes the service. Second, you are not required to tip on top of the cover charge. You're welcome to, if that's what you want to do, but it's totally your decision.

Edited by Paul65

As long as passengers continue to go to Chops and pay the pricing - it will stay - once they start to suffer attendance - could be the only thing that would drive a price adjustment - however, when have you ever seen anything that has gone up - go down? ha ha :)

Wine corkage fee. :D

Tipping extra is your choice. The price of Chops includes the tip.

A 15% tip is added to any drink you order. If you want, you can tip on top of that. However, the amount you are charged includes a tip, whether you decide to tip extra or not. It is the same with Chops.

Those were responses to rants... ;)

Amazing how a thread can continue fueled by worries over $5. Enjoy.

Complaining about complaining is no different than complaining about a small price increase. You are still complaining.

Some people don't like the $4 increase. They have come to peace with this and have decided to boycott Chops. You on the other hand seem to be very bothered by those that choose to boycott Chops over this issue. If it bothers you so much, then perhaps you should boycott this thread.

Edited by Cuizer2

...and now you've added your complaint... :rolleyes:

I'm not complaining. I read your rants and move on. However, after noticing how much everyone else's rants seem to bother you, I just offered you some free advice. As I am sure you realize, the advise is only worth as much as you pay for it. But at least in this case, you didn't waste any money by ignoring my suggestion.

But please rant away. Whether you realize it or not, you are the most entertaining person on this thread - IMHO. :)

Just off Quantum and chops was 35. And i thought that was a bit much.

39. is crazy talk.:eek::eek::eek:

The menu on line is not the one on the ship. :mad: To bad i use to like chops.

i remember on my first cruise chops was grate and only 15. then 20. then 25. then 30 .next 50,100,200??????

Have you checked the the price of a royal cruise lately .Time to start looking at other cruise lines.How is HAL? :confused: :eek:

Whether you realize it or not, you are the most entertaining person on this thread - IMHO. :)

ROTFLMAO Not even remotely close. I simply find it highly humorous that some folks are simply tied in knots over $5, and the entertainment value from those posts. Time for all of us to move on anyway. Enjoy.

ROTFLMAO Not even remotely close. I simply find it highly humorous that some folks are simply tied in knots over $5, and the entertainment value from those posts. Time for all of us to move on anyway. Enjoy.

You are still way off on this! The increase is $4; not $5... :p

If they aren't providing additional service or improved quality of food, etc., and some people claim $4 is so trivial, why is the cruise line asking for the increase at all then? If $4 is so meaningless to the consumer shouldn't it be meaningless to the tax avoiding, record profit making corporation?

Things that make you go "Hmmm..."

On a more serious not to the topic at hand, I think the strategy here is not unlike the BOGO WILD promotion. They are trying to incent people to make multiple specialty dining reservations by offering 20, 25 or 30% discounts, depending on the number of reservations you book. But, at the same time, they're tweaking prices up, so they still make money on the deal.

But, if you like the specialty restaurants, it works out okay. If you just want to give it a try just one night, you end up paying the full price, though.

I booked Chops about a month ago for our cruise next week. We paid $32.70 CAD which is about $25 USD. Reasonable I think.

We have been to Chops twice before but the last time was about 3 years ago. We'll see for ourselves if the food and service is better or worse than it was.

From the number of people that seem to be avoiding it, we should have the place to ourselves, so the service should be excellent. :D

But at least they are complaining/ranting about something with value - $4 in this case. You are complaining/ranting about something with no value - everyone else's complaint/rant. So they are tied in knots over $4 and you are quite literately tied in knots over nothing.

But please, don't stop. You are a very good source of cheap entertainment.