Another upgrade/downgrade Question

whitshel

I've probably read it on here a hundred times but now I'm not sure about my specific question so here goes;

Booked a cruise yesterday, Navigator on March 29th 2015. Paid more than I wanted too, $1079pp (cheapest rate D3) but it was cheaper to drive from San Diego to Houston and buy this cruise than to fly to FLL and take any other cruise. So not an hour after I gave the T/A the go to charge the cruise I get an email from RCCL for next weeks Tuesdays sales and guess whats on there, my cruise for $879pp for D2's E1's and E2's and I originally tried to book an E2 because it was cheaper than the D3 but RCCL raised the rates as my T/A was on the phone but thats a whole different story.

So anyway my question is can I downgrade to an E2 (wanted a hump cabin) but still keep the Rccl $200 vow to wow obc? I know I cant get a refund, but I didn't know if i will be keep my amenities.

And I am not joking about the hour, it was literally an hour :eek: and then I got the email....I could not believe it. We did end up with a $400 obc and dinner in a specialty restaurant so I'm not as disappointed as i could have been. :(

I've probably read it on here a hundred times but now I'm not sure about my specific question so here goes;

Booked a cruise yesterday, Navigator on March 29th 2015. Paid more than I wanted too, $1079pp (cheapest rate D3) but it was cheaper to drive from San Diego to Houston and buy this cruise than to fly to FLL and take any other cruise. So not an hour after I gave the T/A the go to charge the cruise I get an email from RCCL for next weeks Tuesdays sales and guess whats on there, my cruise for $879pp for D2's E1's and E2's and I originally tried to book an E2 because it was cheaper than the D3 but RCCL raised the rates as my T/A was on the phone but thats a whole different story.

So anyway my question is can I downgrade to an E2 (wanted a hump cabin) but still keep the Rccl $200 vow to wow obc? I know I cant get a refund, but I didn't know if i will be keep my amenities.

And I am not joking about the hour, it was literally an hour :eek: and then I got the email....I could not believe it. We did end up with a $400 obc and dinner in a specialty restaurant so I'm not as disappointed as i could have been. :(

I would think there would be no problem downgrading to an E-2 hump if that's what you want. But you are subject to the rate rules, at least if you upgrade you are, and it could affect your amenities. But if you use a TA, have your TA talk to Royal Caribbean and see what they will do for you. Likely Royal will allow a downgrade since it would free up a more valuable cabin for sale.

One word of advice, the E-2 will be a smaller cabin than the D-3. And the hump balcony on Navigator may not be any bigger than any other balcony. It is on Oasis class, but I can't remember if that holds true for Navigator. So be really sure that you are getting something in a "downgrade" that is worthwhile.

I would think there would be no problem downgrading to an E-2 hump if that's what you want. But you are subject to the rate rules, at least if you upgrade you are, and it could affect your amenities. But if you use a TA, have your TA talk to Royal Caribbean and see what they will do for you. Likely Royal will allow a downgrade since it would free up a more valuable cabin for sale.

One word of advice, the E-2 will be a smaller cabin than the D-3. And the hump balcony on Navigator may not be any bigger than any other balcony. It is on Oasis class, but I can't remember if that holds true for Navigator. So be really sure that you are getting something in a "downgrade" that is worthwhile.

Thanks for the reply, I know the E2's are a bit smaller but we like the hump area. Our D2 is very forward on deck 6 so I would much rather have a more central cabin. We had an E2 on the Independence and loved it. ;)

I believe you have 48 hours "low price guarantee" so your TA should be able to get you the lower price room with no problem.

If the price is for next week's sale which starts Monday that will be after the 48 hour time frame

molly361 has the timing down, of course. still the OP should watch the prices closely this weekend; sometimes there seem to be price drops on the weekend before the sale. Maybe the OP will be lucky and catch a price drop.

I am not sure whether they will let the OP downgrade (with to without amenities/OBC). It is worth asking, but as the sale is for new bookings, the answer may be no. The desired hump balconies may all be gone from inventory by the time the sale starts on Monday; I've seen the best cabins disappear.