Suggestions for car rental upon arrival in Red Hook?

Sunriseatsea

Will need to rent a car when we arrive on the QM2 in May. Realistically, a shuttle bus will be difficult with 6 large suitcases. (End of World Voyage) Has anyone successful experience with renting a car right from that locale? Our next possiblilty is perhaps taking 2 taxis to Newark airport and picking up the rental there, since our first stops will be further inland in New Jersey. We would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Will need to rent a car when we arrive on the QM2 in May. Realistically, a shuttle bus will be difficult with 6 large suitcases. (End of World Voyage) Has anyone successful experience with renting a car right from that locale? Our next possiblilty is perhaps taking 2 taxis to Newark airport and picking up the rental there, since our first stops will be further inland in New Jersey. We would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

I've not seen any car rental desk at the Redhook Brooklyn terminal nor anywhere within the immediate vicinity. You might consider a Cunard coach transfer to Newark airport as that would be able to accommodate your luggage.

The New York cruise terminal schedule currently has QM2 docking in Manhattan on May 10th and not Brooklyn. I find that odd because there isn't another ship scheduled for Brooklyn. In general she always docks in Brooklyn unless that pier cannot be used or a larger ship has been slotted there. Perhaps somebody here knows something that I don't.

Edited by BlueRiband