Dynamic Dining

eajlsmith

Can anyone explain to me how DD works or send me a good link on it? We are booked on Allure of the Seas April 24, 2016. They have us set up for My Time Dining right now but from what I'm hearing that might change after the dry dock. I've read a little bit about it but haven't found anything with good details on exactly how it works.

Edited by eajlsmith

For me the DD is an extended verison of My Time Dining.

For DD, rather than having one Main Dining Room you can choose from several restaurants and make reservations.

I did make an review of Dynamic Dining for a Quantum sailing in January

Link to review and a brief description.

Thanks for the reply. Will check out your review as soon as I finish this I haven't done My Time Dining yet either. Our last cruise was 3 years ago and I guess they didn't have all that yet. At least on the Voyager class ships. Ok going to go look at your review. Thanks again.

My understanding is Dynamic Dining is up in the air at the moment. The site says postponed. We're also on Allure in April of 2016 and set up for My Time. Am interested if they do infact implement Dynamic Dining. As others have said, if they do it's not a ton different than My Time, but you need to book the restaurant along with the time when you reserve. Another difference is that the menu doesn't change at the restaurant. To me, that is the biggest downfall.

My understanding is Dynamic Dining is up in the air at the moment. The site says postponed.

A lot of discussion at this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2140943

Another difference is that the menu doesn't change at the restaurant. To me, that is the biggest downfall.

Do not fully agree - the menu does have up to 14 main cources - and with four complementary restaurants to choose from it's not that bad.

In addition there was a daily 'special' insert in the menu card.

We have been a total of 20 days on Quantum and had no problems - in addition to the four complementary restaurants we did have dinner four nights in speciality restaurants