Giovanni's Table- What's good?

bjohio

We believe the "new" Chops menu makes Giovanni's menu look even better. There, we enjoy the cioppino soup, the ante pasta and the shrimp with risotto as appetizers. The lamb chops and steak rank high. With our entree, we usually have the eggplant Parmesan as a vegetable (which is listed as an appetizer), the merged flavors being great. For dessert we have the tirimisu, the two flavors of cannoli and the cup with a name now forgotten.

Everything! But I really loved the Meatballs, although they might only be on the lunch menu. We've only done lunch there. Keep in mind that you can split dishes. So order different things and share. All the food is, in my opinion, very good. There is also a pasta with Gorgonzola sauce that was really yummy. Very rich, so don't plan to eat the whole thing yourself, but it's a great dish.

We had lunch there last week on Navigator. The lasagna is to die for. But...it is ONLY available at lunch.

Lunch cover discount for multiple reservations was $12 each for us.

Outstanding, fantastic and impeccable service. With bread, appetizers, a pizza that the chef insisted we eat, the lasagna, meatballs and cannollis, we were so satisfied and stuffed that we did not eat dinner that night.

I agree that the lasagna is excellent. Often at dinner if you ask nicely, they'll be able to get you some.

Food is so subjective but I think it's one of the better Caesar Salads. The eggplant parm is really good. I wasn't a fan of any of the ravioli b/c the pasta was more rubbery/gluey than al dente the 2 times we tried some.

They bring a dessert cart around and plop this kind of glob of tiramisu on a plate. Don't let looks fool you. It's wonderful. I thought all of the desserts were good.

Also I agree that the filet there is the best one on the ship.

The steak (filet) is far better than chops

When you say steak is better than chops, you are meaning lamb chops, not Chops the restaurant? I'm surprised that they even serve a steak at Giovanni's- one of the main reasons we went to Chops, great if I can get it at Giovanni's too.

What is the fee for dinner at Giovanni's now? If I can get the same good fillet at Giovannis with some new other choices to go with it (ie -Egg Parm. instead of a baked potato) sounds like Giovanni's is the way to go.

When you say steak is better than chops, you are meaning lamb chops, not Chops the restaurant? I'm surprised that they even serve a steak at Giovanni's- one of the main reasons we went to Chops, great if I can get it at Giovanni's too.

What is the fee for dinner at Giovanni's now? If I can get the same good fillet at Giovannis with some new other choices to go with it (ie -Egg Parm. instead of a baked potato) sounds like Giovanni's is the way to go.

Just FYI DH and I had the fillet at Giovannis and thought that it was indeed better than the steak we usually get at Chops. To be honest I was pleasantly surprised.

What is the dinner surcharge for Giovanni's ?

Unless something has changed, I'm told it's $35. I hope it's no higher than that, 'cause I'd like to have either the lamb or the filet when I board Adventure in May. Sure don't want to be stuck in the MDR or Windjammer for the entire week!

Unless something has changed, I'm told it's $35. I hope it's no higher than that, 'cause I'd like to have either the lamb or the filet when I board Adventure in May. Sure don't want to be stuck in the MDR or Windjammer for the entire week!

It was 25 last April, it was 5 or 10 dollars cheaper than Chops for dinner and even cheaper for lunch ( on Navigator)

It was 25 last April, it was 5 or 10 dollars cheaper than Chops for dinner and even cheaper for lunch ( on Navigator)

That is my recollection from Adventure last week: $25 for dinner. Adventure had an abbreviated lunch menu for $12.

Specialty dining surcharges can vary by ship, as well. On my upcoming Serenade cruise, they charge $20pp for Giovanni's and $30pp for Chops.

$25 pp when I booked online for our Oasis cruise Feb. 28th, 2015