RCI Luggage Valet

duegwb

Regarding another thing that phoenix1181 is saying, it's actually cheaper for them to do two Luggage Valets (one for each of them with one bag each) because the airline's cost for the second bag ($50) is more expensive than the second Luggage Valet ($20) since the first checked bag is apparently free. (I'm presuming this might be JetBlue.)

It had been advised for most that having one person do the Luggage Valet for both bags might be cheaper, but in their case, it's not.

Regarding another thing that phoenix1181 is saying, it's actually cheaper for them to do two Luggage Valets (one for each of them with one bag each) because the airline's cost for the second bag ($50) is more expensive than the second Luggage Valet ($20) since the first checked bag is apparently free. (I'm presuming this might be JetBlue.)

It had been advised for most that having one person do the Luggage Valet for both bags might be cheaper, but in their case, it's not.

Marc, The $20 fee that LV charges has nothing to do with the fees that any airlines charges you.

If, when using LV, they both wanted boarding passes, then they would each have to pay the $20. If they each get the first bag free, then there would be no other airline fees involved.

Edited by cruisenfever

I could be wrong but I think that's what he was trying to clarify.

Edited by Big_G

Marc, The $20 fee that LV charges has nothing to do with the fees that any airlines charges you.

Let's say that LV was free to everyone, do you think your checked bags would also be free even if your airline charges you?

I think he's trying to say that if only one passenger uses LV and both bags go on that persons boarding pass then that person may be subject to an extra bag fee which may be more than the extra $20 that it would have cost if they both claimed one bag for LV.... At least I think that's what he's trying to say.

I think he's trying to say that if only one passenger uses LV and both bags go on that persons boarding pass then that person may be subject to an extra bag fee which may be more than the extra $20 that it would have cost if they both claimed one bag for LV.... At least I think that's what he's trying to say.

Gregg, I went back and edited my post as that is exactly the way I read it the second time around!:o:D

I believe all participating airlines except Southwest allow flights up to midnight. Southwest limits the service for flights up to 6pm.

I beleve our flight on SWA is at 5:30 PM. If that is the case, it looks as if we are good.:)

Our plans include our one way flight to the cruise PHX to FLL (Oasis cruise), followed by one way FLL to Chicago (to visit our DD) then Chicago to PHX two days later. Do you think that our bags will be delivered ok to Chicago if we list that as our final destinaton, or will the fact that we came to the ship from PHX orginally mess up the system? I don't want to fly home to PHX from Chicago on the 18th only to have our bags arrive in Chicago on the 19th!:eek: If we were flying straight home I wouldn't care. However, this looks like an ideal way to get rid of bags for the day and enjoy some of FLL since we have a later flight.

I beleve our flight on SWA is at 5:30 PM. If that is the case, it looks as if we are good.:)

Our plans include our one way flight to the cruise PHX to FLL (Oasis cruise), followed by one way FLL to Chicago (to visit our DD) then Chicago to PHX two days later. Do you think that our bags will be delivered ok to Chicago if we list that as our final destinaton, or will the fact that we came to the ship from PHX orginally mess up the system? I don't want to fly home to PHX from Chicago on the 18th only to have our bags arrive in Chicago on the 19th!:eek: If we were flying straight home I wouldn't care. However, this looks like an ideal way to get rid of bags for the day and enjoy some of FLL since we have a later flight.

The ship does not care what flights you took to get to the ship. ALl the care about are your flights on the day you are leaving the ship.