Majesty of the Seas in 1992

omro1975

We were on the 25th sailing of Majesty in October of 1992. I can't remember the order, but we went to Ocho Rios, Cozumel, Grand Caymen and Labadee. We are not sure if there was another port but definitely those four on that sailing.

My other half went on the Majesty back in 1992, one of the early cruises, but can't remember the itinerary. Does anyone know the itineraries from that far back?

If this helps, in March 1993 it was Playa del Carmen/Cozumel; Grand Cayman; Ocho Rios; and CocoCay - out of Miami on Sundays.

RC was substituting CocoCay for Labadee due to the situation in Haiti.

Hi,

My other half went on the Majesty back in 1992, one of the early cruises, but can't remember the itinerary. Does anyone know the itineraries from that far back?

Thanks!

When we went on Majesty in May 1992, we went to Grand Cayman, Jamaica (Ocho Rios), and Coco Cay.

Thanks all, shame this information isn't online somewhere :-(

Our 1st cruise December 1997 (Labadee, Ochoa Rios, Grand Caymen, Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel) we sailed from Miami. Had an inside cabin 2135. Enjoyed it so much, couldn't wait to get home & book the next one.:)

I was on Majesty in August, 1993 and December, 1994. Our itinerary was Western Caribbean both times. If my memory serves me right (I had both brochures memorized) she was alternating between that itinerary and Eastern.

We stopped at Playa Del Carmen (we got off here to tour Cancun), Cozumel, Georgetown, Coco Cay, and Ocho Rios.

Edited by jayblue

• 3 weeks later...
Google Books has old Cruise Travel magazines online to browse. Take a trip down memory lane and read the articles, ship itineraries, etc.

http://books.google.to/books?id=kC0DAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA3&source=gbs_toc&cad=2#v=onepage&q&f=false

Go to page 59 for the Majesty ports of call.

That's really fascinating, thanks!

Unfortunately, it doesn't say which day was at which port and which days were at seas. But it's definitely a help.

The ports of call listed are: Playa del Carmen, Ocho Rios, Grand Caymen. While not listed, it also as supposed to go to Labadee. However, on their trip, they were redirected to Cococay.

I see it lists Cozumel, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and out island. It doesn't give the days for which port, but if you know what month you could go to that issue and see if any of the ports are different.

We were on the majesty of the seas in May 1992 for our honeymoon and first cruise. Such great memories. I'm pretty sure it was Cozumel , grand cayman , Ocho rios, st Thomas and cococay but I might have 1 too many stops can't remember for sure. I know for sure we stopped in Cozumel st Thomas and their private island.

We were on the majesty of the seas in May 1992 for our honeymoon and first cruise. Such great memories. I'm pretty sure it was Cozumel , grand cayman , Ocho rios, st Thomas and cococay but I might have 1 too many stops can't remember for sure. I know for sure we stopped in Cozumel st Thomas and their private island.

Was Mary Wilson onboard as the headliner?

Google Books has old Cruise Travel magazines online to browse. Take a trip down memory lane and read the articles, ship itineraries, etc.

http://books.google.to/books?id=kC0DAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA3&source=gbs_toc&cad=2#v=onepage&q&f=false

Go to page 59 for the Majesty ports of call.

Great memories, I used to subscribe back in the day. I may even have about 6 years worth boxed up :o

You could subscribe for 3 years at a time for around $20. 6 issues a year

In the 1990's, the Majesty did the W. Caribbean itinerary out of Miami, the Sovereign did the E. Caribbean itinerary out of Miami, and the Monarch did the S. Caribbean out of San Juan. They were all 7-night itineraries.

Edited by KeywestK

• 6 years later...

Took this western on Aug 23, always remember as we were running from hurricane Andrew...

Anyhow, the itinerary was:

Sunday:   Board 

Monday:   At Sea

Tuesday:   Playa Del Carmen/Cozumel

Wednesday:   Grand Cayman

Thursday:   Ocho Rios

Friday:   At Sea

Satuday:   Coco Cay

Sunday:   Torn from our new homes. 

On 2/8/2015 at 2:07 AM, reallyhooked said:

Our 1st cruise December 1997 (Labadee, Ochoa Rios, Grand Caymen, Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel) we sailed from Miami. Had an inside cabin 2135. Enjoyed it so much, couldn't wait to get home & book the next one.:)

That’s the itinerary we also did.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2015 at 5:20 PM, brianm27 said:

We were on the 25th sailing of Majesty in October of 1992. I can't remember the order, but we went to Ocho Rios, Cozumel, Grand Caymen and Labadee. We are not sure if there was another port but definitely those four on that sailing.

I also sailed on this itinerary in 1992.  The approximate order of ports was Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.