RCI No Prices on Drink menus?

Reading the Royal Caribbean forum and there seems to be frequent mention that prices no longer appear on the drink menus. Is this true of the RCI Ships currently doing Australian Summer seasons?

If so how do you find out the price? If ordering directly from the bartender I guess it's Easy to find out but if ordering via lounge wait staff do they have to actually memorize the prices!

Have read some reviews where people have found themselves being charged different prices for the same drink.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got off the Rhapsody yesterday and there were no prices on the drinks menu in the bars. There were prices on the wine lists in the dining room.

You can ask the bartender the prices of drinks, such a pain. I got charged different prices for the same drinks (Guavarita) although I suspect it was due to different quality spirits being used. As far as I could tell the "Menu Price" for it was $11.50 but I also paid $7.95.

Corona $6.75

Bud (maybe lite) $6.25

Coke $2.75

Wine's generally around $9. Although Cloudy bay Sav Blanc was $18!!!

Aussiedisneyfan, my neighbours Jim & Vera, were on that cruise.:)

We are on the next one.:D

I suspect that your $11.50 was the correct price, but you were sometimes just charged the Drink of the Day price.:D

This happens to me often.:D

DH calls it cultivating your favourite bar tenders.:D

And yes, they get a tip.;)

Edited by Aussie FF

Aussiedisneyfan, my neighbours Jim & Vera, were on that cruise.:)

We are on the next one.:D

I suspect that your $11.50 was the correct price, but you were sometimes just charged the Drink of the Day price.:D

This happens to me often.:D

DH calls it cultivating your favourite bar tenders.

And yes, they get a tip.;)

If the bartenders are like those on X, they know how to keep people coming back for their service.:D

Got off the Rhapsody yesterday and there were no prices on the drinks menu in the bars. There were prices on the wine lists in the dining room.

You can ask the bartender the prices of drinks, such a pain. I got charged different prices for the same drinks (Guavarita) although I suspect it was due to different quality spirits being used. As far as I could tell the "Menu Price" for it was $11.50 but I also paid $7.95.

Corona $6.75

Bud (maybe lite) $6.25

Coke $2.75

Wine's generally around $9. Although Cloudy bay Sav Blanc was $18!!!

Thx aussiedisneyfan. Surely in some jurisdictions this practice is illegal! DW and I don't drink a huge amount nor a wide selection of cocktails so I guess I'll just note the price of what we do drink the first time we order and try to keep tabs when the inevitable receipt appears for signature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe it's there to push people into buying a drinks package.

At the drinks package prices vs paying per drink, you would have to stay drunk to break even (on the premium package).

Simply a ploy to sell more drinks packages.

I believe it's there to push people into buying a drinks package.

At the drinks package prices vs paying per drink, you would have to stay drunk to break even (on the premium package).

Simply a ploy to sell more drinks packages.

That may be the case, or it may also indicate that they use different price structures in different locations and it is easier than having multiple menus.

It certainly is. One of the bar staff said to me there was an 80% uptake on the drinks package, not sure if that was the truth or not. I just don't drink enough to justiy it.

I would believe it. The promotions for the beverage packages have been pretty constant for quite some time. First there was the 'Pick your perk' and then the '123 go' promo, and they sell more cruises with these incentives.:D

That may be the case, or it may also indicate that they use different price structures in different locations and it is easier than having multiple menus.

I'd say that's the main reason.

Of course, they'd be happy if there are side benefits too. ;)

I would believe it. The promotions for the beverage packages have been pretty constant for quite some time. First there was the 'Pick your perk' and then the '123 go' promo, and they sell more cruises with these incentives.:D

To clarify, we're talking about RCL which hasn't had any of those promotions.

Although as you say, they've been viewed favourably for pushing Celebrity sales.

Just as a side note if you didn't know... Royal isn't charging a corkage fee on the two bottles of wine that you are allowed to bring onboard. It was great being able to take my favourite wine on and not paying extra. Their equivalent onboard was $18 per glass and I paid that for the bottle.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=5442&faqSubjectId=336&wuc=AUS

Just as a side note if you didn't know... Royal isn't charging a corkage fee on the two bottles of wine that you are allowed to bring onboard. It was great being able to take my favourite wine on and not paying extra. Their equivalent onboard was $18 per glass and I paid that for the bottle.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=5442&faqSubjectId=336&wuc=AUS

Yes, Thanks for confirming. I had just read that and was wondering if it was one off.:D

To clarify, we're talking about RCL which hasn't had any of those promotions.

Although as you say, they've been viewed favourably for pushing Celebrity sales.

Sorry,:o

I was talking X as an example with their packages which are very popular, so much so that other lines are re/introducing them (Princess) I should have stuck with RCI.

Noticed this on Voyager, big thumbs down from me.

Royal used to have those awesome cocktail menus with all the pricing on them and nice pictures, they enticed me to purchasing many drinks those things. The new menus are ugly and without prices = me not feeling thirsty.

I feel sorry for their poor staff who must get sick of being repeatedly asked how much things cost.

I think if they actually put the pricing and nice pictures people would be more inclined to purchase the dearer packages to get those drinks.

Noticed this on Voyager, big thumbs down from me.

Royal used to have those awesome cocktail menus with all the pricing on them and nice pictures, they enticed me to purchasing many drinks those things. The new menus are ugly and without prices = me not feeling thirsty.

I feel sorry for their poor staff who must get sick of being repeatedly asked how much things cost.

I think if they actually put the pricing and nice pictures people would be more inclined to purchase the dearer packages to get those drinks.

Yes, but it also may entice people to buy the packages so that they don't have to ask the cost all the time.