Freedom Secret Announced

Bcoll

That will be a lot of fun. And there will probably be tournaments to which will make it very interesting.

As for lines, only experienced boarders will stay on the wave for very long and then the guard will probably blow the whistle after a certain time limit.

Most people will not stay on for more than 15 to 30 seconds.

If I were 10 years younger, I'd think it was pretty great. As it is, it's going to be a great place to bunch all the teenagers and under. My personal interest in this attraction is very low and it won't get me on the ship, but it is a unique inovation.

I am disappointed. Only a small population of passengers will be able to use this as there will probably be an age requirement and one needs to be physically fit. It also looks like only 1 person at a time could do it. I would have preferred a more family friendly activity such as a game room or bowling alley that all generations could use together.

Im sure there will be other surprises, my question is whats the cost?? Is it free like the rock wall and golf. I dont mind paying, it looks like fun, im just curious to see. It will also be fun to see peoples reaction if there is a charge

I am disappointed. Only a small population of passengers will be able to use this as there will probably be an age requirement and one needs to be physically fit. It also looks like only 1 person at a time could do it. I would have preferred a more family friendly activity such as a game room or bowling alley that all generations could use together.

The web-site says less experienced folk can body-board.

There already is a game room on Voyager class ships so one presumes there will be one on Freedom. It's next to the Viking Crown.

Im sure there will be other surprises, my question is whats the cost?? Is it free like the rock wall and golf. I dont mind paying, it looks like fun, im just curious to see. It will also be fun to see peoples reaction if there is a charge

The article in USA Today said it was free.

The web-site says less experienced folk can body-board.

There already is a game room on Voyager class ships so one presumes there will be one on Freedom. It's next to the Viking Crown.

What I meant was an expanded game room with games they don't have already like skee ball, billiards, shooting gallery, ect.

What I meant was an expanded game room with games they don't have already like skee ball, billiards, shooting gallery, ect.

Oh, sorry. I didn't get that from your original post. That really wouldn't interest me as you can do that anywhere. I'm actually looking forward to trying this and I am definitely not a surf type.

Well I was hoping for something that everyone could enjoy. This looks really cool and can't wait to see some people trying it out. However, I don't surf, therefore I won't need to wait in line for this one.

Hopefully there will be more surprises in the near future. Every thing aboard the ship will be new to me since this will be my first ever cruise. So even if there are no more smaller surprises instore for us, I am ok with that. I will just as excited about the cruise regardless.

Have a great day !!!

Cruising provides a different type of entertainment. Entertainment that most people can not experience in their normal daily lives.

I can shoot pool, skee ball, etc. any day of the week, if I want.

I hope you have fun, too, but leave the ship in good shape. We cruise two weeks after you.

I don't surf eaither but am going to try this contraption. According to the info at freedomoftheseas.com, most people should be able to surf or body-surf.

Woo-hoo

I hope RCCL has an eye on this thread and see's that this was a good idea for some people and not such a good idea for others...Even though I am disappointed I hope that this attractions works out well for RCCL...

I am somewhat mixed on this.... I think it is a innovative first for sure and may be willing to try it... but at the same time, I agree with “hardingk”.... looks like there is TOO much emphasis being made on water activities..(Sports Pool, Kids Water Park Pool, Solarium, and now this).

I am somewhat mixed on this.... I think it is a innovative first for sure and may be willing to try it... but at the same time, I agree with “hardingk”.... looks like there is TOO much emphasis being made on water activities..(Sports Pool, Kids Water Park Pool, Solarium, and now this).

It's definitely going to be a cruise for kids. Those that don't care to cruise with kids, should stay away unless they cruise during non-school vacation times.

It's definitely going to be a cruise for kids. Those that don't care to cruise with kids, should stay away unless they cruise during non-school vacation times.

I figure that if all the kids are riding the surf, climbing the walls or splashing in the waterpark, the solarium and other adult areas have a better chance of being an adult haven.

If only we could teather a small ship behind to carry the children...

Archived