Freedom Secret Announced

Bcoll

This really wasn't much of a BIG SECRET since I reported on these boards a month ago that such feature would be added. Of course a lot on the boards claimed it wasn't possible etc. but I got the info direct from someone at RCI in Miami. I also reported that there would not be any bowling alley added.

If this was their big secret then they just need to release all the other details and make the full deck plans available.

I think it looks like a lot of fun. My hubby & I don't surf but we will definately try the body boards. I think it will be very crowded since it is a new feature to ships, but I think during port days it will be easier to get on.

My friend was a little disappointed - she was hoping for a Hard Rock Cafe or something like that. She has never cruised and this will be her first, I explained that with all the food on board no one would pay to eat at a HRC on the ship - they would have to include it (or small cover charge) like they do with Johnny Rockets.

We have one of these at a resort near us here in Ohio (Kalahari). Both my husband and I are in our early thirties and we love it! My dad is in his 60's and granted he's very active/athletic but he also loves it! I was so excited to hear they were going to have this on the ship! Its a lot of fun...and if you don't want to ride...watching tends to be just as fun as doing it!

[size=5]OH YEAH, I was right on the money.[/size]
[size=5][/size]
Click here for proof
[url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=4458578&postcount=22"][color=#800080]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=4458578&postcount=22[/color][/url]

I don't see how this takes anything away from anything else. It's an outdoor deck, it's a great innovation. What would any of you put in the space?

The only thing I am a little upset about is the fact that they are releasing the information so slowly. Let's get all the information out at one time and have one really good day.

I've been calling people over to my computer all day, showing them just the intro video Royal Caribbean put out and all I've gotten is "COOL!" (or something like that) from every single one.

Oh, and I got a couple "Wow, they did it again!"'s

[quote name='Brad1185']i showed my son a picture, his reaction was they better have it well supervised or the kids will have that thing busted by the first cruise. he knows how destructive kids on cruises are.[/QUOTE]
All I know is that it had better last until the fifth cruise.

Does anyone think that people with access to the concierge lounge will get priority reservations? Don't they do that for the rock wall?

:) This a a very fun new innovation for a cruise ship!!! I wanna see what happens to a boogie boarder when the ship unspectingly pitches with an ocean wave?
RCI is definatley watching trends for families! and water parks are pulling in 60% of the travel trade from families!
my concern will be whether they will have decent operational hours, like the slides when they first started showing up on cruises were open all the time, now on some ships the hours that they are open are ridiculous!

thumbs up here!!!

[quote name='Shiba1']looks like there is TOO much emphasis being made on water activities..(Sports Pool, Kids Water Park Pool, Solarium, and now this).[/QUOTE]

Yeah! I went on a cruise to get *away* from water! ;)

I'm not a big water person, so I wont be partaking either. (not that I can even think of booking this ship yet!). But I think the idea is pretty cool. I can see lots of folks gathered around watching.

This thing is awesome. My family and I were at Kalahari Resort in Sandusky Ohio last week for three days (the place that VegasBride referred to) and they had the Flowrider there. It was such a riot. DH is 44, I'm 42, kids are 15 and 12 and we had a blast. I have to admit to spending a lot more time sitting at the bar beside it and watching everyone try it than I did actually doing it but it was sooo entertaining. DH and the kids did the boogie board multiple times but never tried the actual stand up surfing. All surfaces are very very padded and the employees keep a very tight rein on everyone so I see no chance whatsoever for vandalism and very little chance of injury. I really believe this is something for everyone because even if you don't try it, it's a scream to watch. By the way, there was a couple in their late sixties body boarding and they loved it.

By the way, we saw a lot of butt cracks and boobs :D . If you try it - men, tie those bathing suits up REALLY tight, and girls - if you wear a two piece bathing suit, wear a tshirt over top. :D

Just getting a chance to post with the busy schedule and busy CC site. My family and I are very excited to see the new Flowrider and are looking forward to trying it. We all (16 cruisers) have been checking the site as the Freedom progresses and are waiting patiently for the rest of the ship to be announced. Hopefully more fun things will be announced, and if not we are happy cruising with what there is. We wouldn't have booked 2 months ago if we weren't already happy with what we saw. :)

Debbie

[quote name='Bcoll']I hope RCCL has an eye on this thread and see's that this was a good idea for some people and not such a good idea for others...Even though I am disappointed I hope that this attractions works out well for RCCL...[/QUOTE]

I am 42 and can't wait. I have always wanted to try and surf-what a way. It looks like a blast and if I was 62 I think it would even be more fun. Way to go RCCL. I think it was a great secret. For those of you dissapointed, sorry and look at the bright side: You are on the worlds largest cruise ship with more to do than you could ever want to do in the first place.

WaWa - all this negativity - It makes me SICK. How do you people live with yourselves?

[quote name='OceanCruise']After watching the video of the wave pool, it looks like a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen![/QUOTE]

I know this would happend to me...always does!! LOL

I think this wave pool thing is a really fun idea. I do think the lines for this thing will be insane, though. We will probably wait a bit before going on it with hopes that the lines will slow down.

Whoever is going on the FOS, have a great time on it!!!:D

I would've liked to see a long lazy river to float in. I hate to say it but I really like Princess' Movies Under the Stars~that would've been nice too. Just got off the Rhapsody today. I HATE leaving the ship! Darn vacation always comes to an end. :( Just to get over the Post Cruise Blues I booked the Freedom on board!!!!! :)

Archived