Freedom Secret Announced

Bcoll

I think RCCL is being visionary in their approach to providing something for everyone. I am one of those out-of-shape-persons, but I will try the bodysurfing at least once. I know that my son and friends will love this when we take them on the Freedom their senior year of high school (Jan 2007 and I can't wait). I agree, I think there are a few more surprises coming that others will benefit from.

kenlorjus

Haven't really looked at any of the other changes. I would like to see more small lounges/small live entertainment bars. Has anyone seen anything on this?

I like during the evening walking around seeing what's going on say in the lounge, Schooner Bar, other small bars where they have live singing and passengers joining in.

Dave

Disappointed? Are you kidding? It looks like fun! I surfed many, many years ago when I was young (and even then I wasn't that good at it). If I were to paddle out (into the ocean) now, I'd be exhuasted before I ever even caught a wave. This looks like fun for the novice, expert and even retired surfers like me. I can't wait to try!

My teen boys and hubby will love this! I'm not a big water sports person and worry about my back but am still excited for this to be onboard. I might even consider trying it too. It doesn't look like it will take much time per person...like 2-3 mins maybe? So I can't imagine a wait would be that long..and maybe you'll get splashed and cooled off while waiting in line. I hope the ship's photographer is around this area, as it will make great action pics for souvenirs!

I agree w/ the others...I think there are still more surprises/new things coming.....maybe no salt water in pools like DCL?

Something that I absolutely love doing is playing miniature golf onboard the RCCL ships. When I first saw the unveiling this morning of the surf wave the first thing I thought of was this looks like where the miniature golf is usually at. So I started looking thru any news reviews I could find and couldn't find anywhere where they have said the ultra voyagers will have the miniature golf. Nothing I have seen has said anything about miniature golf. If anyone knows or has seen anything on this I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Looks like fun, but would hate to see the line you would stand in to get to use it. Maybe schedule your slot like the rock wall climb.

Dave

We have have one of these at a local amusement park (King's Island), and they keep the line moving fairly quickly. Unless they're a good surfer, people usually fall not long after they start.

It looks like fun, I will try it if I don't have to wait too long in line. I plan on going when school is in session so the lines should be shorter...Also, RCI has not announced what they are putting on decks 4 & 5 yet, so there's more to come!

Something that I absolutely love doing is playing miniature golf onboard the RCCL ships. When I first saw the unveiling this morning of the surf wave the first thing I thought of was this looks like where the miniature golf is usually at. So I started looking thru any news reviews I could find and couldn't find anywhere where they have said the ultra voyagers will have the miniature golf. Nothing I have seen has said anything about miniature golf. If anyone knows or has seen anything on this I would appreciate it. Thanks.

at www.freedomoftheseas.com, when the video zooms in to the wave thing, you can see the golf course just forward of it. Hope this helps.

Hi,

This does look exciting but I can't imagine what it will be like on school vacations. The area looks small so I am sure they will only allow 1 possibly 2 people in at a time for safety reasons. They also show real surfing in the advertisement but not in the video, I wonder if the water area is deep enough to prevent heads from being hit if they fall off the board while trying to stand up. Both of my kids surf so they will absolutely love this addition.

Anyone know if the Freedom will still have basketball/volleyball court. My husband loved playing volleyball on the Mariner last year so hoping for the same...I know there will be the Pool Water Sports but what about the regular court?? Anyone hear anything?

[quote name='OceanCruise']I am disappointed. Only a small population of passengers will be able to use this as there will probably be an age requirement and one needs to be physically fit. It also looks like only 1 person at a time could do it. I would have preferred a more family friendly activity such as a game room or bowling alley that all generations could use together.[/QUOTE]
sort of like the basketball court?

[QUOTE] I wonder if the water area is deep enough to prevent heads from being hit if they fall off the board while trying to stand up. [/QUOTE] The water is not deep at all. If you listened to the Avalanche video, they mentioned that the pool is made of rubber and bumpers (or some such substances), and I doubt that RCCL would put anything too dangerous on the ship.

[quote name='OceanCruise']I am disappointed. Only a small population of passengers will be able to use this as there will probably be an age requirement and one needs to be physically fit. It also looks like only 1 person at a time could do it. I would have preferred a more family friendly activity such as a game room or bowling alley that all generations could use together.[/QUOTE]
I will be 57 by the time we cruise on FOS and I have every intention of trying it, you can use the body board instead of the surf board. I am sad it is not a roller coaster, but I will take this.:D

I thought it was very very cool!!!!!! I am 39 and I don't think I am too old for that. My husband and I and very active and enjoy these kinds of things. I think there will be more surprises for everyone on this ship.

I think its fairly cool...as long as there are other just as inovative things for adults.Don't get me wrong,I would def. try it,if lines are not too long.We have a pretty large one in the wave pool here at Astroworld..So,its a lot of fun,but not as easy as it looks..The one here..You grab your board,get in position,adn they turn it on...and you either surf,or burn.....But I think its a lot larger than the one shown on the ship.My self,would have prefered (as far as water sports go) a really big water slide,or one of the floating river,that goes all around the ship...stopping at bars,and snack areas :D
I have really gotten into checking out Seadream Cruise Yachts...They have the ability to jet ski,snorkle etc out of the back of their vessels...How cool would that be!!? [url="http://www.travelwizard.com/luxurycruise/sea-dream-yacht-club.html"]http://www.travelwizard.com/luxurycruise/sea-dream-yacht-club.html[/url]
I can't really think of anything else I would want...It seems that theres pretty much a little of everything...Maybe a Ski Hill..Maybe a Medieval Times type theatre..You know the kind where you eat dinner,and watch the jousting..[url="http://www.medievaltimes.com/"]http://www.medievaltimes.com/[/url] Maybe a go-cart track..
Ok...just kidding...But who knows!:eek:
I don't think theres really much they could add,that you couldn't find on land,so I guess it just depends on personal preferance.

[quote name='brn2crz']I have really gotten into checking out Seadream Cruise Yachts...They have the ability to jet ski,snorkle etc out of the back of their vessels...How cool would that be!!? [url="http://www.travelwizard.com/luxurycruise/sea-dream-yacht-club.html"]http://www.travelwizard.com/luxurycruise/sea-dream-yacht-club.html[/url]
[/QUOTE]

Very cool!

Archived