Regal Princess cabin M101

Cruise girl 57

Thanks! Can't wait to get out of the snow!

I can only imagine! ;)

Hopefully some others may chime in later that have actually stayed in that cabin, or one close to it.

I hope you have a GREAT cruise, and...

WELCOME to Cruise Critic!

:D

I just returned from a week in L106- and if I had it to do over again, I would definitely pick a different cabin mid ship. Our week may have been unique, but there was a lot of motion and vibration in our cabin. Particularly when we had to drop anchor and tender. We found that the balcony way a bit too windy on most sea days. However, the view was great, and we did enjoy having a larger balcony.

I just returned from 3 weeks aboard the Regal in forward facing balcony cabins. The first week was in L102, the next 2 weeks in L103. Both cabins were great although I preferred the balcony on L102. A bit less storage than I'm use to but doable. L102 had a third birth that dropped from the ceiling so an extra life vest was required and they took up all the closest shelf - no place for my sun hats. The rooms were comfortable. We seldom had any harsh wind on our balcony unless we stood at the rail. We sat out there most days/evenings for a while. A couple of nights it sounded a bit loud outside, but I could still go outside without being blown away. The noise was from some lines going from the top decks down to lower decks like the line that contains the necklace. There were at least 4 of lines plus a small amount of equipment over the bridge. It was white noise and did not keep us awake. Most of the time it was just really quiet out on the balcony and in the cabin. I would take one of these cabins again in a heartbeat.

Regarding the Marina Deck balconies: The Lido deck balconies can look down on the Marina deck balconies and see you if you are at the rail. No biggie in my opinion but be aware. Just at the rail. Also, M101 and M102 balconies are smaller than L101 and L102, see the picture posted by Dave above. And you can't see the noise making lines in the picture.

I do recall the vibration that Japap96 was talking about but it only lasted for a while until they dropped anchor at Princess Cays Feb. 2nd. The ship was using side thrusters to maintain position for lowering the life boats used as tenders. Once the anchor dropped the vibration pretty much stopped too. And I can't be sure, but the thrusters were probably all used on one side of the ship to maintain the position, not just the forward thrusters. We missed Princess Cays altogether on Jan 26th.

Wifi reception wasn't the best, usually just 2 of 3 things on my i-thingies. And sometimes not usable on the bed and never on the balcony.

We did have a few days of rough seas and I felt the boat move everywhere I was on the ship, but it is pretty stable so not really bad. It was much worse looking out the windows on deck 5 or 6.

Hope this helps.

Edited by yoyosma

I don't have a picture of them at night, but those "necklace lights" yoyosma mentioned on the front of the ship follow the same rigging lines you see here with the flags. Note too that the balcony dividers on Marina and Lido decks for the forward-facing cabins can be seen just above the bridge.

16518532002_b4684f1156_c.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

We were just upgraded from an inside guaranty to M 101 and M 103 for our cruise which leaves on Sunday, Feb. 15th. Our daughter is (hopefully) successfully flying out of Boston TOMORROW at 1:45 to meet us in Florida to get on the cruise.

I'll try to remember to post our thoughts on the room after we return. We are very excited about the room and the view out the front of the ship.

• 4 weeks later...

We loved the rooms. The view was fabulous. While it was very windy at times, the balcony doors were never locked and I think the stateroom room itself was larger than a standard balcony room. So...we were very pleased!

We loved the rooms. The view was fabulous. While it was very windy at times, the balcony doors were never locked and I think the stateroom room itself was larger than a standard balcony room. So...we were very pleased!

Thanks for reporting back.

• 2 months later...