Ugh---changed to MTD without my approval and now on waitlist for MDR

I emailed RCI last week to see if it was possible to change to MTD on my upcoming cruise. I just wanted to know if it was possible--I didn't necessarily want to do it.

They emailed me back on Saturday and said I had to call them in order to make the change.

I emailed them back and said I wanted to keep my original 6pm MDR time.

I received an email this morning saying I had been changed to MTD and I owed the gratuities asap! What??? The other email said I had to call to make the change, but they went ahead and made the change for me?

I called to fix the mistake and they said that they already made the change, and that if I want the 6pm seating, I have to get on the waitlist.

I realize this isn't the end of the world, but why tell me I have to call to change it if they're going to change it on their own? I had had such great service up to this point.

Dont worry about it......

Walk up 10 minutes prior to when you want to actually sit each night, the matre'D will have you a table within those 10 minutes if not 2 or 3 minutes.

I make MTD everytime.....and I jump around left/right30 minutes....even an hour without actually changing my res time.... Never a problem being seated. People ALWAYS dont show....so you will have a table.

Edited by Deptacon

Dont worry about it......

Walk up 10 minutes prior to when you want to actually sit each night, the matre'D will have you a table within those 10 minutes if not 2 or 3 minutes.

I make MTD everytime.....and I jump around left/right30 minutes....even an hour without actually changing my res time.... Never a problem being seated. People ALWAYS dont show....so you will have a table.

I think you may have missed her point. She wants MDR, not MTD and they changed it without her permission. It's a customer service issue, not whether she can get a seat at MTD or not. At least that's the way I read it.

Edited by 2chiefs

Make some phone calls and be the squeaky wheel. You may have to go thru a few people and put some time in but persistence usually pays off. I don't usually have the patience for it myself but my wife is amazing at the art of persuasion.

Well, if I'm going to complain, I have to come back and say good things when I get a proper resolution. I talked to a really nice guy at reservations and he was able to get it all straightened out for me. He was really, really nice and I very much appreciate his help. If I had my way, I'd do everything in my life via email/online, but this time actually talking to someone made the difference. :)

Well, if I'm going to complain, I have to come back and say good things when I get a proper resolution. I talked to a really nice guy at reservations and he was able to get it all straightened out for me. He was really, really nice and I very much appreciate his help. If I had my way, I'd do everything in my life via email/online, but this time actually talking to someone made the difference. :)

Glad it worked out. Thanks for coming back and letting us know