Restaurants close to cruise port

prairiesailor

Hey Hatteras51 great seeing you again. Since you and Carnival man mention Lings that is where we go. Did you go to Barneys for lunch or dinner?

I think since the two of you mentioned Azzuro I must put that on the list to go much thanks to both of you.

Any other places we should try for breakfast and lunch?

lyndamr,

We went to Barney's for dinner. We rarely eat lunch or breakfast out, since we stay in condo. Gianni's and Azzurro are owned by the same people. If I had to choose, I would pick Azzurro. Gianni's is incredibly crowded and sits right on the strip. Azzurro is much less crowded, and has an incredible view of the water. It is especially beautiful at sunset. Azzurro is one of my top three restaurant favorites, along with Chalet Suisse and Barefoot. In an earlier post, you mentioned that you read not to go to West Deck for lunch. I have no idea why anyone would say that. We just had dinner there on Thursday and really liked it for a casual dinner and great views. I'm fairly certain that they serve the same food during the day.

Edited by Hatteras51

How far is Barefoot from the pier? I put down Azzuro on my list to go in my aruba land vacation in July. Truly appreciate the advice.

I have to check out this Barneys place tonight.

I am going to the West Deck because there are so many appetizers to choose from I may just have an appetizer dinner too one of the days or for a good hearty lunch. :D

How far is Azzuro from the pier?

Barefoot is next to Nikky Beach, now known as Reflextions. Some people walk, but personally I think that it is too far to walk, but can be gotten to in 10 minutes or so by cab. Azzurro is in the Playa Linda Resort on Palm Beach. It is walkable from the Marriott.

• 1 month later...

We will be in Aruba in a few weeks and would like to eat dinner off the ship and are interested in fresh seafood (especially lobster for the hubby). Our ship will leave at 10:00 PM. Are there any good seafood restaurants in the close vicinity to the pier that would be recommended and why? Thanks.

We will be in Aruba in a few weeks and would like to eat dinner off the ship and are interested in fresh seafood (especially lobster for the hubby). Our ship will leave at 10:00 PM. Are there any good seafood restaurants in the close vicinity to the pier that would be recommended and why? Thanks.

Yemanja Grill is next to and behind the Renaissance Hotel, about a 5 minute walk from the pier gate. Check their menu online to see if they offer lobster. However, lobster is not a big thing in Aruba and in most cases, it's the Caribbean Lobster which is very different from a Maine lobster. The big fish dish in most restaurants is the almond crusted grouper. There's a restaurant near Palm Beach area ($15 cab ride each way) called the Blue Lobster but reviews are mixed.

I agree that Caribbean lobster isn't as good as Maine lobster. Chalet Suisse is one of my favorite restaurants and they have lobster. Grouper, mahi mahi, red snapper, along with a few others are very popular. My favorite seafood restaurant is Barefoot. Pinchos has good seafood and isn't far from the pier. I would also check Madame Janettes website to see if they have lobster.

Chalet Suisse is on Eagle Beach. It would be the same cab fare as going to the beach at Eagle. I believe that it is around $10.00, with a $3.00 add on fee if you catch the cab at the cruise pier. If you get it outside the cruise area, you save the $3.00. There is also a $3.00 surcharge on Sundays and holidays.

Thanks to everyone for the info. Think we may try the Driftwood. Can anyone tell us how to get to it? I think it is walkable but have no idea how to get there and how long it will take us. Thanks in advance.

Thanks to everyone for the info. Think we may try the Driftwood. Can anyone tell us how to get to it? I think it is walkable but have no idea how to get there and how long it will take us. Thanks in advance.

Driftwood is hard to find. You will have to walk down several blocks and wind back up several more. You would do best to look on google maps to figure out how to get there.