Ways to get OBC

baseball_diamonds

Price drops generally only get you OBC if you booked Early Saver. You can also get OBC by buying it. Or sometimes rarely if you book through a travel agent offering it as a perk. I think also that the future cruise certificates that you get online offer OBC on the cruise you book with the FCC.

Please tell me more about how you earn OBC from having 100 shares. How much do you earn and how often? Also, do you have to purchase the stock via a specific avenue to get the OBC?

I don't personally have any, but here is where you can find the details: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Please tell me more about how you earn OBC from having 100 shares. How much do you earn and how often? Also, do you have to purchase the stock via a specific avenue to get the OBC?

100 shares in Carnival Corp and you can apply for OBC on any line under the umbrella so Carnival P&O Princess Cunard and I know I've missed at least one.

Purchase your stock anyway you like [as long as it's in your name], then just fax of proof of ownership and bingo OBC.

You can get OBC if you book a cruise while on a cruise, sometimes sale prices include OBC, and owning a certain amount of stock.

You can get OBC if you book a cruise while on a cruise on Carnival? Can you tell me more about this? We normally sail with NCL and there's no benefit to booking "while" you're on the cruise with them. (We purchase future cruise credits and get $100 OBC for doing so, but we have 4 years to book). Can you explain? :)

Oh and to the OP, we always book with a TA and always get some type of OBC. We just booked a balcony cabin for our upcoming Pride cruise and received $250 OBC.

Edited by mitsugirly

If you are before your final payment due date, you can transfer your booking to a travel agent. Phone around and find who will give you the best OBC. Also, ask if they have a group you could be with and that is usually more OBC. Unfortunately, we can not recommend a TA for you but a few calls will probably net you some OBC. We usually end up with 200 to 250 for a balcony. I use somebody local to keep the commission in my area.

You do not have to use a certain avenue to buy CCL stock to get the shareholder benefit of onboard credit each time you cruise. You can purchase it through an online discount broker such as Scottrade (I believe they charge $7 to buy stock) or you can purchase it inside of your 401K if your 401K program allows you to purchase individual stocks. It is a great benefit if you cruise very often because you can use it over and over again. You do not have to hold it a certain length of time. Carnival requires recent proof of ownership of the stock when you request the benefit, and it is good across the many cruise brands of Carnival which in North America are Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Seabourn, Cunard, and P&O. It is also good on Carnival Corporation's European, UK, and Australian brands. You must own at least 100 shares of CCL stock to request the benefit. On cruises of 6 days or less, you get $50 onboard credit. Seven to 13 days gets $100 onboard credit, and 14 days or longer you get $250 onboard credit. One credit per cabin is allowed so if 2 people in the cabin each own 100 shares of CCL, only one onboard credit will apply. Certain discounted fares may not qualify for the shareholder benefit, such as free cruise offers.

I have owned CCL stock for years and have used the benefit many times and find that in addition to the onboard credit shareholder benefit, the dividends that CCL has historically paid quarterly are attractive. I use the dividends paid as vacation cash on my cruise.

Edited by winddawn

You do not have to use a certain avenue to buy CCL stock to get the shareholder benefit of onboard credit each time you cruise. You can purchase it through an online discount broker such as Scottrade (I believe they charge $7 to buy stock) or you can purchase it inside of your 401K if your 401K program allows you to purchase individual stocks. It is a great benefit if you cruise very often because you can use it over and over again. You do not have to hold it a certain length of time. Carnival requires recent proof of ownership of the stock when you request the benefit, and it is good across the many cruise brands of Carnival which in North America are Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Seabourn, Cunard, and P&O. It is also good on Carnival Corporation's European, UK, and Australian brands. You must own at least 100 shares of CCL stock to request the benefit. On cruises of 6 days or less, you get $50 onboard credit. Seven to 13 days gets $100 onboard credit, and 14 days or longer you get $250 onboard credit. One credit per cabin is allowed so if 2 people in the cabin each own 100 shares of CCL, only one onboard credit will apply. Certain discounted fares may not qualify for the shareholder benefit, such as free cruise offers.

I have owned CCL stock for years and have used the benefit many times and find that in addition to the onboard credit shareholder benefit, the dividends that CCL has historically paid quarterly are attractive. I use the dividends paid as vacation cash on my cruise.

Now that is definitely looking into!

Price drops generally only get you OBC if you booked Early Saver. You can also get OBC by buying it. Or sometimes rarely if you book through a travel agent offering it as a perk. I think also that the future cruise certificates that you get online offer OBC on the cruise you book with the FCC.

Price drops get you OBC on Early Saver after final payment. If the price drop occurs on Early Saver before final payment, it will reduce what you still owe on the cruise.

Just had this happen. Booked a cruise on the Breeze to the Southern Caribbean for January 16, 2016 last Wednesday. Today I noticed that the cabin class that I chose less than a week ago has dropped $60.00 dollars. Down $60.00 6 days after booking and 11 months before cruising. Hope this is a sign of good things going forward. My PVP jumped on it and got the drop immediately.

So, if I choose to buy 100 shares, say today, can I request the OBC for my cruise next month? BTW...thanks for posting this...very interesting!

If you are before your final payment due date, you can transfer your booking to a travel agent. Phone around and find who will give you the best OBC. Also, ask if they have a group you could be with and that is usually more OBC. Unfortunately, we can not recommend a TA for you but a few calls will probably net you some OBC. We usually end up with 200 to 250 for a balcony. I use somebody local to keep the commission in my area.

I tried this and it didn't work for me. My cruise is not until October so I still have several months before final payment. I booked early saver but because my cabin category is sold out, I thought I would transfer the reservation to a TA figuring that was my only way to receive OBC. Found a TA that offered me $150, but when they called Carnival, Carnival told them a person could only transfer within 90 days of the reservation. I was a couple weeks too late :(