Given up on trying to book with Celebrity

Pig Launcher

You could call them directly or use the services of a travel agent who may even get you a better deal.

Absolutely. Why would one even think of booking a cruise on a website? CALL Celebrity, call a local TA. You definately need to speak to a person either way to get a correct cabin and make sure all the offers are attached to your booking.

What's wrong with booking a cruise via the website? It's besides the point though, they offer the service to do so...it should work. But it doesn't most of the time [emoji31]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was just able to book this one on the website, with no issues, quite straight forward in bit 2 minutes time. I wasn't even signed into my My Celebrity account, booked as a total stranger.

Also, a relatively bargain priced cruise. Sky Suite for $4900 pp for 14 nights out of Hong Kong.

Nov. 8 on Millenium HK to Singapore...

If one were to judge a cruise line by it's web site, Celebrity would get a one star rating. I wouldn't book a cruise without speaking to someone at the cruise line or a TA. It's like a root canal trying to navigate through it's site. Trying to find what cabins are available on a specific cruise is a pain in the ass. On the Princess site it will bring up a deck at a time and show you what cabins are booked and which ones are still available. On Celebrity's you have to put a cabin number in and then wait until it tells you if it's available or not. I hope Celebrity realizes it's website is junk and revamps it soon.

The website is simply atrocious. After a week of countless attempts to book a suite on the Asia cruise sailing on November the 8th I have finally thrown the towel in.

5 star cruise line with bed and breakfast website. Forget it.

I just use the website for research, then call either Celebrity or my travel agent to book. Maybe things and the website are different for UK travelers?

The website is simply atrocious. After a week of countless attempts to book a suite on the Asia cruise sailing on November the 8th I have finally thrown the towel in.

5 star cruise line with bed and breakfast website. Forget it.

Hi there,

Sorry for the issues, can we assist?

I'm wondering if there is more of an issue with the UK's website than there is here in the US. I realize that folks in the US have issues, but I've noticed a lot more complaints about the website coming out of the UK.

I don't book my cruises on line, but I do research on Celebrity's website (dummy bookings) and book shore excursions, etc. and never really have a problem. Well, the only problem I had was that on my January cruise, my express pass's print was so small, but then again that could be my computer's issue, not Celebrity.

I never used the web site so I can't comment on that.

I normally book my cruises through the Future Cruise Desk when I am already cruising and give it to my big box TA, Prior to that I do research the cruise both on the website and on here, Cruise Critic. Additionally the big box TA always seems to have some nice OBC.

Or, we call the 800 # of the big box TA. Again prior to that, research the cruise here and on the website.

Never had a problem.

Edited by Banjo

..when the flash exceeds the information there's always issues. They'll get it right eventually I'm sure. I also use another site for research and then call a TA.

Celebrity though, is the Nordstrom's, while most are Dillard's, with one Macy's of course!

Hopefully I did not jinx our upcoming trip....

-Shane

..when the flash exceeds the information there's always issues. They'll get it right eventually I'm sure. I also use another site for research and then call a TA.

Celebrity though, is the Nordstrom's, while most are Dillard's, with one Macy's of course!

Hopefully I did not jinx our upcoming trip....

-Shane[/quote

Hmmm, I see you are relatively new to the boards. The website complaints have been going on for years, so personally I am NOT sure they'll EVER get it right!! :rolleyes:However, we all agree that their onboard service far surpasses the land based services, or their ships would be sailing empty!!!

Hi there,

Sorry for the issues, can we assist?

I'm not the OP, but how about fixing the darn website? The complaints have been going on now for well over a year. How much business has Celebrity lost by those who have not posted their frustrations on here as the OP did?

Something to think about....

I have had all sorts of problems with the Celebrity website using both Firefox and Internet Explorer. I am from UK and most parts of the site are simply inaccessible.

Recently I tried Google Chrome "straight out of the box". Amazingly everything works like a dream. It seems various adblockers etc I have working on Firefox and IE block most of the functionality.

This is not an advert for Chrome simply a report of my experience.

Booking cruises...excursions.... beverage packages....OBC....all works seamlessly.

Still experience problems trying to do the same things on Firefox and/or IE.

Maybe the Celebrity rep on here could pass this info on to their web team.

Cathy, I'm definitely not new, but I don't post often. In fact I get a kick out of the totals. There has to be some kind of OCD going on.

My 2 posts today I think are my new all time high!

Slow day at work....

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just use the website for research, then call either Celebrity or my travel agent to book. Maybe things and the website are different for UK travelers?

That is how we do it also. I feel better talking to an actual person...just in case there are questions. I also always ask - "Is there a better rate?" - something you can't do if you book through the website.

I'm not the OP, but how about fixing the darn website? The complaints have been going on now for well over a year. How much business has Celebrity lost by those who have not posted their frustrations on here as the OP did?

Something to think about....

Get the website Fixed!!!!!!

You just don't GET IT.

Its not a matter that the person from X does not get it. They are merely a liaison between X and us. They are not IT. They can only communicate back to X the issues we share. Personally I am grateful X actually has someone who comes here to escalate issues for us. As far as I know, nearly all of the other lines do not.

I have had all sorts of problems with the Celebrity website using both Firefox and Internet Explorer. I am from UK and most parts of the site are simply inaccessible.

Recently I tried Google Chrome "straight out of the box". Amazingly everything works like a dream. It seems various adblockers etc I have working on Firefox and IE block most of the functionality.

This is not an advert for Chrome simply a report of my experience.

Booking cruises...excursions.... beverage packages....OBC....all works seamlessly.

Still experience problems trying to do the same things on Firefox and/or IE.

Maybe the Celebrity rep on here could pass this info on to their web team.

I use IE and don't have an issue. Not sure where you are from, but isn't it strange that some can use it without issues and others can't. If I was the IT team I would be pulling my hair out. It is an easy fix, if everyone has the same issue.

Sorry just re-read your post and see you are from the UK.

Edited by NLH Arizona

I'm wondering if there is more of an issue with the UK's website than there is here in the US. I realize that folks in the US have issues, but I've noticed a lot more complaints about the website coming out of the UK.

I don't book my cruises on line, but I do research on Celebrity's website (dummy bookings) and book shore excursions, etc. and never really have a problem. Well, the only problem I had was that on my January cruise, my express pass's print was so small, but then again that could be my computer's issue, not Celebrity.

I have booked cruises, flights, hotels using websites for years. I can honestly say I have not spoken to a travel agent this century and was a bit surprised to read they still exist. I have probably lost out on a lot of discount L

I am from the UK but live in Qatar. I use a VPN connection to log on from wherever appropriate. In the case of Celebrity it does not make any difference if hosted from the UAE, US or UK the booking fails at some point and I am back to logging on to my Captains Club account and starting from scratch.

I eventually booked eight flights and two hotels (a week in the Maldives followed by a week in Bali later in the year). Three websites, 30 minutes, job done.

I agree that the celebrity website is very hit and miss. When using it recently I had a survey pop up and I was really disappointed I didn't have the opportunity to comment about it.

I know some people on this forum have said why would you use the website to book a cruise. I don't like using travel agents and prefer to book my own holidays and don't want to have to call someone to make my decisions. I love to be able to use a great website, see what cabins are available, look at all the options on my own terms.

The other thing I have noticed is on the few occasions I have had problems calling celebrity has resulted in long and frustrating delays often with multiple follow up calls to solve simple issues. Why would I want to use their phone line to make a reservation when the experience dealing with their customer service is such a trying experience?

I have booked cruises, flights, hotels using websites for years. I can honestly say I have not spoken to a travel agent this century and was a bit surprised to read they still exist. I have probably lost out on a lot of discount L

I am from the UK but live in Qatar. I use a VPN connection to log on from wherever appropriate. In the case of Celebrity it does not make any difference if hosted from the UAE, US or UK the booking fails at some point and I am back to logging on to my Captains Club account and starting from scratch.

I eventually booked eight flights and two hotels (a week in the Maldives followed by a week in Bali later in the year). Three websites, 30 minutes, job done.

Sorry you are having such problems, I'd love to know why some have issues, while others don't.