O'Sheehans - Menus?

DreamingBig1

Is O'sheehans now 24hours on the Star? Is the menu the same?

On ncl.com it states that O'Sheehans is open 24 hours on the Star, like on other ships. But I have heard "rumors" that they might be closed for a couple of hours in the middle of the night or very early morning - at a time where most guests on board are asleep... (probably for cleaning purposes?).

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/star/whats-on-board/Dining

Edited by TrumpyNor

Can someone tell me what time they switch over from their full menu to their late night menu? I like having spinach dip and chips on my balcony with a glass of wine late at night, so wanted to know how late I can get those. Thanks.

I know, I worked in restaurants for years. ;) But if you're a bartender who doesn't know how to pour Guinness, you should probably start looking for a different occupation. That's a pretty basic skill.

It's no biggie, I just find it a bit odd that an Irish bar doesn't serve Guinness Draught. (Says the Irish gal who lives a mile from a proper Irish pub! :D)

It isn't that easy to pull a pint of Guinness, this coming from an Irish barmaid. It can take almost 10 mins to pull a GOOD pint. There is even a knack to pouring a can or bottle. Guinness cannot be rushed. Also it doesn't travel well so to have it so far from home is not a good idea. My hubby is a Guinness drinker and says he has NEVER had a good pint outside Ireland.

I find this place intriguing. On our last three cruises there wasn't a 24 hour sit down restaurant. It seems like it may be unique to the industry as well.

Out of curiosity, does anybody have a recent menu from O'Sheehans.

It's basically bar food, like wings and cheeseburgers. they are the only place on the ship other than the steakhouse that makes my cheeseburger correct. I like it extra well as in no pink in the middle.

my dh and I ate quite a bit at O'Sheehans on our Alaska cruise onboard the Jewel. We always had pretty good service.

I liked the chicken pot pie, yummy cabbage soup, good chicken wings, loved the brownie cheesecake.

Dh liked the chicken burger.

I've been told here on CC that you can request an ice cream type menu. I did not know that!!! I sure would have ordered. There is $$ charged. There are sundaes, shakes, banana splits. Man, oh, man can't believe I missed knowing that!!!! I would have gained 10 pounds from ice cream alone!!!! :)

Yes, O'Sheehans is complimentary. And is open 24 hours.

But, I read here on cc that you can ask for a ice cream menu. YOu have to pay for the items ..... banana splits, sundaes etc. Not sure on the prices. Maybe someone will respond that has used the menu for ice cream. Not sure if there are other offerings on it besides ice cream.

The regular o'sheehans menu does have a few dessert options on it. No ice cream choices, though.

O'Sheehans has a fee-based menu (at least on the *Away class ships, i.e. BA)

choice of premium ? ice cream (don't remember the prices for single/double/triple) milk shake and ice cream sundae (we ordered one just for kicks, $3 plus 18% gratuity - offset by OBC ... , but it was a smallish tall glass)

-

Somewhat Off-topic, even in the MDR, ice cream & sherbet used to be listed as everyday free choices, not anymore - just asked the server & they'll bring that - no charge. DW got tired of seeing chocolate volcano on 3 out of 7 nights and appled pie variants twice - NCL need to bring back some variety & free choices.

I am loving what I see in this thread. I had heard of O'Sheehan's quite a bit and am estatic to hear that it is complimentary and 24 hours. Can't go wrong with wings and your standard pub food at anytime of the day, and without extra charge. Other than rumblings that the service may be a little slow at times, it seems that this place is somewhere I will be frequenting on my upcoming Jewel cruise to Alaska in a couple weeks. Any suggestions on what is can't miss other than wings, etc?

To answer some of the questions asked here:

The menu for 11 AM till 11 PM includes the customary wings, cheeseburgers, chicken fingers, etc but also has mozzarella sticks, chicken pot pie, corned beef sandwiches (to DIE for), meatloaf, French fries as well as a few other things and a few dessert offerings. They also offer a changing special each day for a dinner option.

THAT menu stops at 11 PM and goes to snack foods such as cheeseburger, wings, chicken fingers, fries, etc. Important to note, they do not offer any dessert options after 11 PM.

In the morning, the offer a paired down breakfast menu until 11 AM. This is one of the best kept secrets on the ship, as it is a sit down meal but you don't have to get up before the MDR closes for breakfast.

ENJOY !!! I have LOVED all of my sailings that included an O'Sheehans.

Edited by jakesnana

My first attempt at posting a photo... These are the lunch menus from our April 5 Star cruise. They didn't offer us the ice cream menu when we ordered dessert and I forgot it existed.

Edit: It was one of the first cruises after dry dock, so maybe they'll get more extensive menus later.

16479121124_bdd91a3fa4.jpg

16913999480_3d02a12d1d.jpg

Edited by cadien

My first attempt at posting a photo... These are the lunch menus from our April 5 Star cruise. They didn't offer us the ice cream menu when we ordered dessert and I forgot it existed.

Edit: It was one of the first cruises after dry dock, so maybe they'll get more extensive menus later.

16479121124_bdd91a3fa4.jpg

16913999480_3d02a12d1d.jpg

Anyone know if this is the fleet wide menu for O'Sheehan's? We are going on the Breakaway in July. Thanks!

Anyone know if this is the fleet wide menu for O'Sheehan's? We are going on the Breakaway in July. Thanks!

That's excellent questions, I was looking at it last night & wondering - maybe those coming back tomorrow to NY can help answer because this looked different & newer, as it was quickly laser printed on the ship - while the menu is in transition or just changed.

I've noticed that Chicken Pot Pie is gone, there's a new Shepherd's Pie instead. Chef's salad (which we've enjoyed, twice - last month) is gone. More variety in hotdogs & maybe even with the fries. Soup of the Day & Sandwich of the Day are new, I think - along with Bangers & Mash. Chicken fingers are gone too, no ?

It is definitely different as that's all I would say, fleetwide or not - well. folks - chime in :D

That's excellent questions, I was looking at it last night & wondering - maybe those coming back tomorrow to NY can help answer because this looked different & newer, as it was quickly laser printed on the ship - while the menu is in transition or just changed.

I've noticed that Chicken Pot Pie is gone, there's a new Shepherd's Pie instead. Chef's salad (which we've enjoyed, twice - last month) is gone. More variety in hotdogs & maybe even with the fries. Soup of the Day & Sandwich of the Day are new, I think - along with Bangers & Mash. Chicken fingers are gone too, no ?

It is definitely different as that's all I would say, fleetwide or not - well. folks - chime in :D

That's what I thought, based on reviews I've read of the BA (I read yours as well, excellent review overall! Can't remember if that was one of the reviews that included the OS menu lol). I don't recall seeing variations of hot dogs or burgers, or shepherds pie either. Hopefully someone will chime in here and let us know.

On a side note, the BA starts her first Bermuda run tomorrow, which makes my July cruise feel that much closer. :)

Edited by bangzoom6877

That menu is missing the chicken tenders and mozzarella sticks that the Breakaway has - I hope those 2 items are still on the menu when I board later this year. :eek:

Here's the old menu from last year from the Breakaway: http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/n_breakaway_m_os.pdf

Anyone know if the milkshakes are truly malted? I'm a big fan of milk shakes, but not malted. Although I could just as easily order it un-malted. Or de-malted. Or whichever.

You can order either. Malted shakes are a separate item.

That menu is missing the chicken tenders and mozzarella sticks that the Breakaway has - I hope those 2 items are still on the menu when I board later this year. :eek:

Here's the old menu from last year from the Breakaway: http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/n_breakaway_m_os.pdf

Thank you, this is the menu I've seen posted before for the Breakaway, along with the breakfast menu as well that is written in the same font. I hope this is still the menu on the Breakaway, but the other one posted still looks good.