Question about birthday onboard?

Savlamara

My birthday is during my next cruise (Breeze, whoohoo!) and I want to go all out with the cheesiness! Would you think it was corny (or attention whoring) if you saw someone wearing a birthday shirt, or a birthday crown/tiara?

I havent had a birthday party since elementary and am sailing solo so it would make my day (and week) to have a bunch of people on board wish me happy birthday! (Dont feel so sorry for me!)

I was going to buy a birthday shirt, but may even make one, and I'm buying a crown at the party store to bring with me. That wouldnt be TOO corny would it? What would you do if you saw me in this getup?

I, too, would wish you a Happy Birthday! Don't buy a crown. Go to Burger King and they will give you the paper ones they have for kids. Then, turn it around to the plain side and decorate it specifically for you! When my kids were in HS, this is something the seniors did every year and it was great.

Heck, I might even order myself a birthday cake for myself and my tablemates at dinner one night!

Go for it! It's your birthday and I think you will get a lot of people celebrating with you! It's like when you go to Disneyland and wear the birthday button...SS loved being told Happy Birthday by 100s of random people!

Also, order yourself a birthday cake. It's so good!

I have a Birthday sash that another CC member brought me on a past cruise. Her and I had the same bday while on board and she brought them it was great everyone wishing me a happy Bday. Even got a free drink from someone. It was my 50th...

They have those cute pin on ribbons too that just say Birthday Girl on them. Happy Early Birthday! I always loved cruising during St. Patrick's Day so I could wear my beads and shirt. Just makes it extra fun.

Okay nix the crown, cause store bought is too garish and I dont think I'm brave enough to walk around with a cardboard one. I'm no spring chicken!

But I love the sash idea... I'll buy one of those... =)

My birthday is during my next cruise (Breeze, whoohoo!) and I want to go all out with the cheesiness! Would you think it was corny (or attention whoring) if you saw someone wearing a birthday shirt, or a birthday crown/tiara?

I havent had a birthday party since elementary and am sailing solo so it would make my day (and week) to have a bunch of people on board wish me happy birthday! (Dont feel so sorry for me!)

I was going to buy a birthday shirt, but may even make one, and I'm buying a crown at the party store to bring with me. That wouldnt be TOO corny would it? What would you do if you saw me in this getup?

I'd probably buy you a drink.

I turned 50 :eek: back in 2011. I really wanted to celebrate that big birthday on a cruise ship. My DH and I booked Splendor to Mexican Riviera. Our friends surprised me and had the stateroom decorated. I brought a plastic birthday tiara with me.

On my actual birthday, not only did I wear the tiara all day but I also pulled down a part of the room decorations and wore that around my neck like a scarf. I had folks wishing me happy birthday the whole time and I loved it.

Go with the cheesiness. It's your birthday. Celebrate it.

Happy early birthday.

Edited by stargate fan

I say do it. Go to the party store, buy a crown, sash, magic wand, and anything else to make it known that it's your birthday!!!

Be extra tacky and go to Bon Voyage and order the birthday decorations for the cabin.....I did! I turned 40 on the Splendor and had decorations up the whole week!!!!!

Buy yourself some bubbly and toast yourself at dinner!!!!!

Have fun!

In a couple weeks I will be celebrating my birthday also on the breeze. I would buy you a drink if I saw you.