Any Word out about Victory Drydock for March?

zumbaqueen1

I was on Victory January 24-29 and found my steward and an officer one afternoon and asked them about the drydock. They both replied that she would get Guy's and Blue Iguana and Red Frog and they mentioned new pools for the Lido deck and new cabins. the workers would remain on the ship and help during the drydock. They seemed knowledgeable and agreed with each others comments. So we will see what she will actually get but though I would share this info and we will see if they knew what they were talking about.

I have heard 2.0 upgrade not 3.0 with new pools (what kind? adult has to be available...) and the specialty bars. Most say they like Victory..never have sailed on her but we did like the Glory a few years ago.. any updates about the true drydock updates would be most appreciated...

I have heard 2.0 upgrade not 3.0 with new pools (what kind? adult has to be available...) and the specialty bars. Most say they like Victory..never have sailed on her but we did like the Glory a few years ago.. any updates about the true drydock updates would be most appreciated...

my last two cruises were on the victory and i loved it... just not the fact of no adult pool... couldnt get in the pools or hot tubs...

John Heald posted the "upgrades" on facebook..... new gym, new bathrooms in all state rooms, new carpet, alchemy bar, new sports bar, and towel animal theater (I had to google that one, but it's real). That's it, no guys, no blue iguana or red frog. Needless to say, I'm disappointed.

Did he say anything about replacing the TV's with Flat Screen TV's in the staterooms?

Sorry, I am not getting what everyone is disappointed about. I have read through the posts but may have missed something.

Is the dry dock still going ahead in March? I also do not see anywhere that there is definitive information about what is going to be done during this drydock, ie; will there be some 2.0 things added? Or will this just be a dry dock to update the staterooms and bathrooms.?

I am booked on this ship later this year, so am interested in what is going on.

Ok, thanks, I get it now. Regardless of what we all like to see added to our favorite ships, it does seem like there is not much substance to this drydock. (from the passenger's point of view). Hopefully they are making improvements to the ship, technically too.

Edited by SMSACE6

The dry dock is still in March. She will get an Alchemy bar, new carpet, and some bathrooms will be upgraded. No Guy Burger, no Blue Iguana Cantina, no Red Frog Run Bar, no Blue Iguana Tequila Bar. I hate how inconsistent Carnival has been with upgrades to ships.

Exactly! Not that we won't still have a good time - but one of the reason we chose the Victory for May was the scheduled dry-dock to happen in March for the very publicized 2.0 upgrades. :rolleyes:

Now it is clear that she's getting some downgraded version of "no quite 2.0" upgrades.:mad:

I hope that the information is not correct. I really wanted guys and blueiguana. They need to stop calling it 2.0 and call it 1.25

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

It is unfortunately correct. John Heald answered me on FB and I saw a Carnival employee give the same answer on the forums.

It is 2 degrees where I am now and I am not caring anymore about 2.0 non-upgrades. I am going to enjoy the ship as it is and it is going to be great- so if they have new carpets and Alchemy bar - woot woot- if not I am getting some sun and fun and it is going to be much better than my regular routing of work, cooking, cleaning and artic temps! 39 days now and I cannot wait !!