Carnival Conquest yes or no??

PeggyTC

We are signed up to cruise on the Conquest in a year. We were just pulled along side the ship this past week. She was in a horrible need of a paint job. How is the ship on the inside??:confused:

I haven't sailed Conquest since 2013 but she looked great on the inside and outside.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

We just completed an 8 night cruise on the Conquest. Most of the interior of the ship (public spaces, main dining rooms,pool areas, spa, etc.) were in excellent shape.

However, our cabin had issues with lighting, which was corrected after we brought it to the attention of the cabin steward. Also, the toilet in the bathroom had a horrible, funky, urine odor all the time. We brought that to the attention of the cabin steward and a visit from the ships plumber did not rectify the problem.

The mattress and pillows very terribly hard, not like on the Valor when we sailed here a year ago. And our cabin 8400 on the Verandah Deck, was right below the Lido buffett, and so we heard food carts rolling over the tiled floor all night long every night.

Edited by rs12065

We cruised on the Conquest in 2013 and have another one scheduled on her this October. I would not worry about paint! The ship is in good shape and we really enjoyed her last time and are looking forward to being on her again. It will be nice because we know the layout now!

The mattress' and pillows were fine when we cruised last. Some of that is very subjective so it just depends on what you prefer.

We are signed up to cruise on the Conquest in a year. We were just pulled along side the ship this past week. She was in a horrible need of a paint job. How is the ship on the inside??:confused:

This time last week, we were on her. Well, actually, we were in Grand Cayman sipping ice cold drinks and eating drunk shrimp. But, I digress. She is in fine shape. The exterior is showing signs of age, but the painting process is ongoing as well as repair to wood railings on outdoor decks and such. She's a fine ship and we'd go on her again in a second (if we had the vacation time!) Our cabin 8244 was spotless, no odd smells, the steward was top notch, beds comfy and food was just fine. Although, I'll never try the ox tongue again! :rolleyes: Fear not, she is a fine ship! :D

Very happy to hear as we are on her at the end of April.

I am having trouble finding reviews with photos, can anyone point me to where I might locate them?

Opps, nevermind, I think I just spotted some.

Edited by RCmommy

Thank you Thank you everyone for putting my mind at ease! We will be on our first 8 day on her next year and it makes me feel better. Bobandalice we were next to you in Cozumel last week~ we had more rain than we have ever had but for every rain cloud there is a silver lining~ or rainbow. I want to post a pic but can't do it from my iPad is it easier from computer?

This time last week, we were on her. Well, actually, we were in Grand Cayman sipping ice cold drinks and eating drunk shrimp. But, I digress. She is in fine shape. The exterior is showing signs of age, but the painting process is ongoing as well as repair to wood railings on outdoor decks and such. She's a fine ship and we'd go on her again in a second (if we had the vacation time!) Our cabin 8244 was spotless, no odd smells, the steward was top notch, beds comfy and food was just fine. Although, I'll never try the ox tongue again! :rolleyes: Fear not, she is a fine ship! :D

We were on the Conquest two weeks ago and thought it was a fine ship.

Was wondering if someone would be ordering the ox tongue.:):)

We cruised on the Conquest in 2013 and have another one scheduled on her this October. I would not worry about paint! The ship is in good shape and we really enjoyed her last time and are looking forward to being on her again. It will be nice because we know the layout now!

The mattress' and pillows were fine when we cruised last. Some of that is very subjective so it just depends on what you prefer.

I'll be there with you on October 17th! <waves!>

Sorry OP, can't help you with your question, as I haven't been on her yet. :D

We just completed an 8 night cruise on the Conquest. Most of the interior of the ship (public spaces, main dining rooms,pool areas, spa, etc.) were in excellent shape.

However, our cabin had issues with lighting, which was corrected after we brought it to the attention of the cabin steward. Also, the toilet in the bathroom had a horrible, funky, urine odor all the time. We brought that to the attention of the cabin steward and a visit from the ships plumber did not rectify the problem.

The mattress and pillows very terribly hard, not like on the Valor when we sailed here a year ago. And our cabin 8400 on the Verandah Deck, was right below the Lido buffett, and so we heard food carts rolling over the tiled floor all night long every night.

Under the Lido deck? that is why you always look at the deck plans before selecting your cabin, no one to blame but ones self.

I'll be there with you on October 17th! <waves!>

Sorry OP' date=' can't help you with your question, as I haven't been on her yet. :D[/quote']

Great! Have you checked out our roll call? It is a little slow right now, but it is there!

Just got off her yesterday and she is in good shape, it is one of those ships that you can't get to one spot directly and you have to go somewhere else to start but heck it gives you some exercise. We had a cabin on the deck two and it did roll alot but I loved it, sleep so good, it was a bit too noisey though and we had a couple days of rough seas so the creaking was more pronounced.

Under the Lido deck? that is why you always look at the deck plans before selecting your cabin, no one to blame but ones self.

Does it appear from my reply to the OP that I just posted on Cruise Critic to trash the Conquest? I was just replying to the OP to warn of issues we had with our cabin. I was being helpful in pointing out the noise we experienced in 8400, and I wasn't posting in order to make a snide comment on how we should all "look at deck plans" before a cabin is chosen. That is a given even with first time cruisers or cruisers who consider them selves all knowing because of the number of cruises they have tken.

Point is, the reply to my post regarding cabin 8400 was unwarranted and does not help the OP, Would I sail on the Conquest again? Yes

This makes me wonder. We just booked a little over a week ago and took a OV cabin on deck 2 and it is under the theatre. We did look at deck plans beforehand and figured the shows would not run too late.

Does anyone know how late we could expect noise from above?

Edited by RCmommy