LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

For those asking, there has been no access to the new stateroom on deck 12 as they will not be ready until the March 1st sailing, according to HD Michael Rasmussen. The attendees of the top tier party have been invited to view 5 stateroom categories on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess we all know what Robyn is doing on Saturday.......:rolleyes:

The Quest is tonight! Looking forward to some madness in Studio B.

Just got the compass for tomorrow, looks like partly sunny skies and temps in the mid 70's. I'll take it! [emoji295]️

Really enjoying your review. This winter has been brutal. We are even freezing in South Florida. Hopefully it warms up before you get back. Keep up the great work and keep having a great time[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Thanks! We are having a fabulous time. Of course we care about the weather, but at the end of the day, we are on a cruise and enjoying every minute of it. Unfortunately we are not staying on in Florida when the cruise ends. We have a late flight back to Toronto..

Loving your live review! We are sailing on the Freedom in 45 days! You have me so excited for this cruise. I love that you are taking the time to give us the play by play. I'm finally caught up. I just got off work so I think I'm going to have a Corona with lime to and toast it to you. Your picture inspired me. :)

Michael Rasmussen showed a video of what went on in dry dock. The main purpose of the dry dock was to repair the propulsion issues. The rest of the ship saw "light refurbishment" most of which we have already discussed. The staterooms were not refreshed at all. There was no mention of ongoing propulsion problems, which doesn't surprise me because it is not affecting anything. Here is a pic of Captain Ron Holmes at the event. 390fc8acde704f08eee7db525f4b98a2.jpg

So what are the ongoing propulsion issues?

Robyn, thanks for the great review.

We are sailing on Independence this fall, our first time on a Freedom Class ship. I know it isn't the same as Freedom, but it gives us the flavour of what to expect. We will be in an OS as well, and if there is no cushion on the lounger I might just get a few extra towels from the station to cushion my cushion.;) We are even on the same route other than the departure from FLL. We have been to all the ports before, but it is great to read another's perspective of them.

As for weather today in London, Ontario it is expected to be a high or -22F with windchill, and this weather is for cast for a few more days. Enjoy the ship or beach or whatever you are up to and think about those of us at home with a 120F temperature difference. :eek::):D

I wish we were with you, but we escape in a few weeks so all will be good sooner than later.

Thanks again as I am enjoying the review.

Andrew

Hello, Sarnia folks here. We're doing an Indy cruise next February. I gave our adult children & their spouses a 4 day cruise for Christmas.....this will be their first taste of cruising.

I have to agree, the bitter cold is enough already.

Yes thanks Robyn for the great review, and thanks to you we purchased our OBC today at .10 cents on the dollar thanks to everyone on CruiseCritic, great advice! THANKS! 😆

Hello, Sarnia folks here. We're doing an Indy cruise next February. I gave our adult children & their spouses a 4 day cruise for Christmas.....this will be their first taste of cruising.

I have to agree, the bitter cold is enough already.

Yes thanks Robyn for the great review, and thanks to you we purchased our OBC today at .10 cents on the dollar thanks to everyone on CruiseCritic, great advice! THANKS! [emoji38]

That's great about the OBC! Enjoy your cruise! [emoji3]

The Captain has a talk that is playing on the TV all day and he is saying that there are little weather systems all around us that are bringing wind and waves. He also said we will be sailing against the wind when we head back to PC. We are scheduled to depart Cozumel at 5:30pm tomorrow. Most passengers seem ok with everything, but there are a few walking around complaining.....I guess there are always a few [emoji295]️

Is 5:30 PM early to leave Cozumel?

I know!!! When our waiter served it, I asked the same question. Guess what? No more shrimp with the lobster! [emoji15]

Just off Carnival Liberty and got Maine lobster with shrimp. Have to say I was pretty impressed with the food on Carnival.