LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Agreed. Rahul our Concierge had told me they got rid of all pads for the suite loungers fleet wide, and now I see this simply isn't true. I'm going to take the picture to Rahul and ask nicely for a better explanation. The bee is in my bonnet now, and we know there has been enough bees this cruise lol! [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a lot of us have the same bee in our bonnet so you are not alone! Can you ask Michael Rasmussen? I know he's usually very visible around the ship and approachable. Thanks for helping us for future cruises. I'd hate to have to pack my own cushions! haha..

Yes, that's the Ponchos! We ate there in September when we cruised in on Princess! I believe it was Adventure of the Seas sitting next to us, it definitely wasn't a Carnival Ship. We walked thru a huge air conditioned shopping center which BTW had the best liquor prices at the area where one first walks in and then out to little stores and DI. Bear left and walk down the path to Ponchos!

Princess is owned by Carnival, and I know there's a long shopping corridor that you walk through to exit their pier. Sounds like, maybe, you were there. Everything I'm seeing says that Royal uses the International Pier right beside this (north), and they have their own shopping plaza. Saw someone saying you can't even get into the Carnival area without a sea card.

Robyn, can you confirm whether or not there's a Pancho's Backyard available at the RCI port area (probably connected to a Los Cinco Soles).

We are at the international pier. There is a princess ship (Emerald Princess) docked downtown. There doesn't appear to be a Pancho's at this area? All I saw was Señor Frogs.

Robyn, I am so technologically challenged. How do you use your iPhone to take pictures and post without using roaming phone charges?

Cheryl

Cheryl, I am connected to Royal Wifi while in airplane mode = no roaming = no data charges.

I don't know what I am going to do when you get home, :( you have been so informative.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aaaaaw! Thanks! Glad you are enjoying my review. Don't despair just yet. I have the rest of today and all day at sea tomorrow to keep everyone entertained and informed [emoji4]

I think a lot of us have the same bee in our bonnet so you are not alone! Can you ask Michael Rasmussen? I know he's usually very visible around the ship and approachable. Thanks for helping us for future cruises. I'd hate to have to pack my own cushions! haha..

I will ask him when I see him next. I'm not happy about it, but it has not affected my enjoyment of this cruise. I just found it weird that ratan loungers with deep sides would not have pads? Hopefully enough people bring this forward and changes will be made. Strength in numbers [emoji3]

I can see my hump cabin in your first photo!!!!! 16 days and i'll be in it!!!!!!

Another great place for lunch in Cozumel is Ponchos Backyard! It is at the very end of the pier shopping area and they make the best Margaritas!!!!! There is a cute little gift shop attached and if you make a purchase in it, you get a free dessert in Ponchos!

Also, Diamond International has free wifi!!!!! You can sit in a comfy little waiting area and use it!

Enjoy your day, it's a balmy 10 F here in SC!!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Cheryl

Just saw your post about SC. I also live in Charleston. At least the sun is shining, right?:D

I need to read through the rest of your review- I love live posts! I am guessing I will have some questions for you- have you answered what the internet options and pricing is? I assume you did unlimited? Is that one device only? Or one log in at a time and multiple devices?

AND would you check by chance if they carry Tag Watches for sale onboard? And if you really want to go to crazy, I am looking specifically for the ladies 32 mm two tone Aquaracer. :o Hee hee. But even if knowing if they sell Tag is a step in the right direction. I like pretty things! Ha!

I am boarding her in a week so I will go and review all of your notes. I have honestly only read the title and the things on the last page. THANKS! :)

We went to Pancho's Backyard at the Carnival pier last time we were in Cozumel. It's an easy walk and you do not have to have Carnival Seapass to get into the area.

Excellent! That's my backup plan, then. I'm working under the assumption that the original (north side) would be the preferred location.

I will ask him when I see him next. I'm not happy about it, but it has not affected my enjoyment of this cruise. I just found it weird that ratan loungers with deep sides would not have pads? Hopefully enough people bring this forward and changes will be made. Strength in numbers [emoji3]

Do the chairs that go with the table have cushions?

I need to read through the rest of your review- I love live posts! I am guessing I will have some questions for you- have you answered what the internet options and pricing is? I assume you did unlimited? Is that one device only? Or one log in at a time and multiple devices?

AND would you check by chance if they carry Tag Watches for sale onboard? And if you really want to go to crazy, I am looking specifically for the ladies 32 mm two tone Aquaracer. :o Hee hee. But even if knowing if they sell Tag is a step in the right direction. I like pretty things! Ha!

I am boarding her in a week so I will go and review all of your notes. I have honestly only read the title and the things on the last page. THANKS! :)

I have bought two Tags on Freedom. Aquaracer quartz and Aquaracer automatic. The quartz was around $800 and the automatic around $1,300. Both were men's

Robyn, I am so technologically challenged. How do you use your iPhone to take pictures and post without using roaming phone charges?

Cheryl

Cheryl, I am connected to Royal Wifi while in airplane mode = no roaming = no data charges.

Cheryl,

Also if you happen to have Verizonwireless you can switch to their global plan during the cruise and still use data in places like Cozumel and Falmouth. I did that last month on Oasis and it ended up costing me about $20 extra for the month.