Cruise Critic Community
carsiebee

Pacific princess WC...which cabin

We are sailing....just want to be sure our cabin will be suitable for the WC....anyone ever sailed on deck 6 starboard, forward?... Does the noise below in the cabaret lounge create a problem...What about rough seas...is it uncomfortable to be so far forward?

Appreciate your input....

I have just booked Oceania deck 6 outside cabin for WC segments. Same as Pacific Princess. I have done at least a month on O previously.These smaller R ships do move around. I would do mid ship or aft ONLY.

NEVER book a cabin below any public spaces. Same with lowest cabin deck which will have engine and anchor noise.

I have just booked Oceania deck 6 outside cabin for WC segments. Same as Pacific Princess. I have done at least a month on O previously.These smaller R ships do move around. I would do mid ship or aft ONLY.

thanks for the input....you confirm what I have read from others....avoid the forward cabins on Deck 6....and above the showroom....motion and noise...not something I want to contend with on a world cruise...

I know this is an old thread, but I just had to coment.  I love the anchor and engine noises.  The engine noise reminds me of our noise maker and the soft hum puts me to sleep.  The anchor noise lets me know we are in port or leaving port.  Since we usually book an inside noise, it's ideal for us.  lol

That's good, positive outlook. 

I  always book a cabin with passengers above, below, and across the passageway. I don't mind normal operational noises of the ship, but not from deck chairs being moved around overhead, or boomety boomety from a nightclub below, or racket from a scullery across the hall. Signed - the voice of experience.

And, I am lucky that the motion of the ocean doesn't bother me and in fact a stormy day is more interesting than a flat ocean.

It's a good idea to study the deck plans closely before deciding on a cabin.