Inside cabin on A deck on Oriana

evyfueloil

We are thinking of booking an inside cabin on A deck Oriana, because these cabins have a bath, but have heard there can be noise from the Lido deck above. Would underneath the Oasis salon or treatment rooms forward deck port side be quieter,does anyone know?

Not sure about the noise from other decks but avoid anywhere near the laundry. We were on there last week and got chatting to a couple whose inside cabin was near the laundry and they were woken about 5am every morning with water noise from the washing machines and they weren't actually next door to it.

We are thinking of booking an inside cabin on A deck Oriana, because these cabins have a bath, but have heard there can be noise from the Lido deck above. Would underneath the Oasis salon or treatment rooms forward deck port side be quieter,does anyone know?

Quite a few cabins on Oriana have baths if that's your main desire. Even Outside and Balcony cabins

We have had one of these cabins in the past and would not book another one on any ship below Lido deck. You get noise very early in the morning of staff putting out sunbeds and our cabin was below a swimming pool and you could hear water swishing around all night with the movement of the ship.

Quite a few cabins on Oriana have baths if that's your main desire. Even Outside and Balcony cabins

Thank you for your reply (!) I am well aware balcony and some outside cabins have baths at greater expense, - but the only deck on Oriana to have baths in inside cabins is Deck A. :rolleyes:

We sailed on Oriana last October in cabin A131 inside.This was the smallest cabin we have ever had.After 2 days we were so frustrated with the layout and size we were determined to change.We had big problems trying to change,the only way we did get some assistance was for our son in the UK to go on twitter.We then were contacted by the customer services manager who met us and offered a cabin change. This involved a supplement but we were willing to pay just to get out of a inside on A deck

Hi Evyfueloil. I had A121 on Oriana last October and was very happy with it. It was very quiet inded and I thought it was a good location - especially for using Al Fresco and the Spa facilities. Lijo, the cabin steward then was excellent.

Admittedly it was not huge. There is undoubtedly more feeling of space if you have the beds in a twin arrangement as opposed to double. There is indeed a bath/shower arrangement and i always had plenty of hot water, without variation of temperature.

The other slight annoyance (which is the same with quite a few Oriana Cabins) is that the hangers in the wardrobe are arranged parallel to the doors as opposed to the usual at right angles. It did not spoil my cruise though! :D

• 4 weeks later...