Getaway 2 Br Villa..Which one?

Dizzkitty

I would book 16122 because it's the most conveniently located room. Others may select 16106 because it should have fewer pax passing by, so less chance of outside noise.

You might also look at your cruise route to decide if either side will have more land or ocean views and select according to which you prefer.

I would book 16122 because it's the most conveniently located room. Others may select 16106 because it should have fewer pax passing by, so less chance of outside noise.

You might also look at your cruise route to decide if either side will have more land or ocean views and select according to which you prefer.

Thanks for the info! That suite is available for our sailing and does look ideal. Our route will be St. Thomas, Tortola, and Nassau. I would love a port side view but from what I have read it isn't consistent as to which side the ship docks on. Please correct me if I am wrong because I would love to have port view!

Thanks for the info! That suite is available for our sailing and does look ideal. Our route will be St. Thomas, Tortola, and Nassau. I would love a port side view but from what I have read it isn't consistent as to which side the ship docks on. Please correct me if I am wrong because I would love to have port view!

In regards to St. Thomas, anything is possible but I've been watching the kroozcams pretty regularly over the past few years specifically when DCL Fantasy was in port since we went last August. Most of the times the GA was pulled in with the starboard side to the dock.

Nassau seems to vary the most. Don't have any info on Tortola.

YMMV.

We booked 16706. Here was our thinking:

1. 16th floor is better than 15th

2. On the Epic we occasionally would hear deck chairs being moved on the deck above us. Thus, we chose the Starboard side since it is private for Haven guests and presumably less busy than the Port side.

3. More forward the better since Vibe is above the 'aft' part of the Haven

This thinking may be wrong, will update in October

Thank you for your response! What did you like about the location? 16712 is also available for our sailing. Anything you didn't like about it?

Nothing we didn't like. It was very quiet because above us was the Haven sundeck. When you turned left out of the room, the courtyard was just a couple of feet down. And, if you kept walking down the hallway the Haven bar and restaurant were close. If you turned right out of the room, the staircase to sundeck was just a few feet down and also the sauna was there.

In regards to St. Thomas, anything is possible but I've been watching the kroozcams pretty regularly over the past few years specifically when DCL Fantasy was in port since we went last August. Most of the times the GA was pulled in with the starboard side to the dock.

Nassau seems to vary the most. Don't have any info on Tortola.

YMMV.

Thanks for that info!

Hi all.. I would love some input on which H4 2 Bedroom Villa to choose?? I know I want to be on the 16th floor and do NOT want room 16722.

Which would you pick and why?

Thank you for any help!

Just curious why you don't want 16722? I may book this room category for a future cruise and was just wondering if there is something in particular to be avoided in this cabin.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just curious why you don't want 16722? I may book this room category for a future cruise and was just wondering if there is something in particular to be avoided in this cabin.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

From what I have researched, that suite appears smallest and the balcony looks smaller as well. I think it doesn't hold as many people as the others do either. It is also next to the Haven restaurant so I don't know if there would be any noise from that either.

From what I have researched, that suite appears smallest and the balcony looks smaller as well. I think it doesn't hold as many people as the others do either. It is also next to the Haven restaurant so I don't know if there would be any noise from that either.

Yes, it does look like it holds only 5 from the deck plans and I too remember some info a long time ago about that room being smaller and/or having a smaller balcony.

16722 has a symbol that indicates it holds only 5.

But it is not noisy ( have it from someone who stayed in it)

the layout for the hallways and suites is kind of misleading when you see it on line - you'll see when you get there.

Also, we were under vibe in 16720 and it was quiet. No noise from deck chairs or hot tubs, and an unshared balcony.

Another thing Re: hall noise and being in 16122, 20

We heard Zero zilch nada from people walking in the hall.

We were in the other side, but across the hall from the door to the lounge.

Never heard a peep

The living room and mbr do not abut the hall, and the kids never heard my noise in their bedroom #2.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

16722 has a symbol that indicates it holds only 5.

But it is not noisy ( have it from someone who stayed in it)

the layout for the hallways and suites is kind of misleading when you see it on line - you'll see when you get there.

Also, we were under vibe in 16720 and it was quiet. No noise from deck chairs or hot tubs, and an unshared balcony.

Another thing Re: hall noise and being in 16122, 20

We heard Zero zilch nada from people walking in the hall.

We were in the other side, but across the hall from the door to the lounge.

Never heard a peep

The living room and mbr do not abut the hall, and the kids never heard my noise in their bedroom #2.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the info! I was very interested in 16720 for the unshared balcony but it seems it had that white wall that goes down the middle of where the balcony door is that obstructs the view? As of right now we have 16712 reserved.

I have been trying to find a video of the hallways in the haven to see how its all laid out but haven't had much luck. I am sure they are all great and I am over analyzing this lol

Ok- sooooo we sailed in the getaway in cabin 16120. It is ABSOLUTELY the perfect location. It's located directly across from the lounge. If you open the cabin door you can see into the lounge and pool area through the glass windows to the lounge. The door to the lounge is in front of it - but because of the configuration of the hallway and lounge you hear zero noise. No one walks down that corridor unless they are going to their room on that side. The opposite side 167xx go through a door to the lounge to get the hallway to their cabin. (Hard to explain but when you are on the ship it will make sense). We loved the location so much we booked it again for our Getaway cruise in October. Have a great time! Take 16120 or 16122, you will be glad you did!

Ok- sooooo we sailed in the getaway in cabin 16120. It is ABSOLUTELY the perfect location. It's located directly across from the lounge. If you open the cabin door you can see into the lounge and pool area through the glass windows to the lounge. The door to the lounge is in front of it - but because of the configuration of the hallway and lounge you hear zero noise. No one walks down that corridor unless they are going to their room on that side. The opposite side 167xx go through a door to the lounge to get the hallway to their cabin. (Hard to explain but when you are on the ship it will make sense). We loved the location so much we booked it again for our Getaway cruise in October. Have a great time! Take 16120 or 16122, you will be glad you did!

Well crap now you have me wanting to change from the room I have booked! It is sooo hard to judge where the best location will be from the deck plans etc. Do you have any pics/vid of your room? Anything you didn't like about it? Also, do you remember if you docked toward port or starboard side during the stops? Granted I know they change..

ALL of the H4 have the white walls- there are no expansive view sliders as in the other category suites. When we cruised we noted that they seemed to be in

Different places in different suites, but you are still going to have one. Many people don't even notice- I remember someone asking Zimomiller about it and he, like most, said it was no problem.

This is not my video, but this is that white wall- we knew about going in because of complaints by another CC member. It was rather shady that in the NCL photos and videos you will always have a curtain pulled over this wall so that you don't see it, but , hey. Not much can be done now!

Enjoy your trip!

Edited by PDIDDYwife

There is no bad location. The Haven area is not as huge as you think- any h4 suite will have convenient access to the pool , and access to the lounge and restaurant is a few to 30 seconds walk from any of the suites .

I like 16 because it feels more open- 15 looks like any other hallway on a cruise ship. Coming out of your suite and taking just a few steps to the pool area is a nice treat.

Also, you have no ocean view from the master - they have the huge window over the tub, so you have to keep the drape between the bathroom and bedroom pulled open to get any view.

We found the Getaway H 4 not as well laid out as on the Gem class, and the dark wood, smaller slider and placement of the tub- window can make the room seem very dark at times.

We are booked again and booked on the port side this time just to mix things up.

Any size difference in suites or balconies is negligible. I think it was Annmeat who joined in on a travel agent tour that was occurring when she was aboard. Check out her review, MaJa 's review and there is one from June , 2014 done with references to Frasier episodes that also has lots of info.

I can't seem to use the CC search on this app right now - would love to have given you a link.

A few pics from 16706 starting from looking up. The bathroom is the one with the bottle of baby shampoo in view. The balcony is the one to the left, as you look at the picture.

i-5X9mn9b-XL.jpg

Spare Bedroom:

i-kDGfVmt-XL.jpg

Sitting area:

i-NT6Mv8R-XL.jpg

Master Bed:

i-spFM2SH-XL.jpg

Master bath:

i-KxJ4CQP-XL.jpg

Not really breaking any photographic ground here, but just for reference.

A few pics from 16706 starting from looking up. The bathroom is the one with the bottle of baby shampoo in view. The balcony is the one to the left, as you look at the picture.

i-5X9mn9b-XL.jpg

Spare Bedroom:

i-kDGfVmt-XL.jpg

Sitting area:

i-NT6Mv8R-XL.jpg

Master Bed:

i-spFM2SH-XL.jpg

Master bath:

i-KxJ4CQP-XL.jpg

Not really breaking any photographic ground here, but just for reference.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post those! Great pictures!!

We were on the starboard side, but I dont remember which suite. Nassau - you will get a great view either side. The ship was port towards the port, but the starboard side then faced Atlantis and some small little island fingers with houses and beaches.

St Thomas was starboard toward the port- I only recall as when we returned from our excursion, I had a text asking me why I wasn't at a meeting back at home- I snapped a picture of the port and texted that right back!!

We did St Maartan and I cannot remember!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/norwegian-getaway-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=651&deck=16

When looking at the deck plan, you see suite 16130. You enter the Haven about 10 feet from here, thru a locked door- it is where you see the stairs indicates.. The thin black line is the wall. When you enter, you go straight down for the 100 suites, or stay to the right and go thru an entry way, past the concierge desk and thru the Haven lounge to get to the 700 side.

The first 4 PH do not have a "view" of the pool or lounge. Once you hit 16120 there are doors to the pool and lounge. It is nice to see the twinkling lights at night when you exit your suite.

You can also enter the Haven on deck 15.

SO happy to hear this! We have 16120 booked for next January and I was second guessing myself. I feel much better now.:D