Sold out? Or not?

Clay Clayton

I'm seeing something I haven't before and figured that perhaps others could explain.

We are a couple of weeks or so past final payment, prices dropped, a number of folks on our roll call got upgrades, balconies disappeared from inventory and prices for inside staterooms went up $50 or so but the remaining suites stayed at the same pricing. I figured they were getting close selling out insides and OVs. Since I'm hoping for an upsell call to a suite (have a great forward facing balcony) I have been keeping an eye on this. All of the sudden, three or four days ago, our cruise disappeared from the Norwegian website. However, that site that has fish in its name still shows insides, OVs, minis, and suites available.

Any idea what could be going on?

This happened to me when the boat i was booked on got chartered. They canceled our trip, and tried to book us on a different trip. This happened well before final payment in my case. What ship and date are you talking about?

6&8

What happened on the OPs site and what you are talking about are 2 different things: His is close to sailing time. They do not charter out cruises close to sailing, especially after dropping prices and then raising them again. Charter cruises usually happen about 6 months prior to sailing, in fact often more than that.

This is Sun's Panama Canal trip on April 19 from Tampa to Vancouver. I'm pretty sure we haven't been chartered but thanks for one possibility.

No, of course you haven't. There could be 2 explanations: 1- a glitch in the website or 2-the ship is sold out. As for hoping for an upsell, I think we all hope for that, but in all the years we have been cruising it is yet to happen. Don't pay too much attention to what another website has to say. If you then tried to book, you would probably see the catagory not available.

We have found the fish very accurate on pricing, but not on availability. Right now it shows our next cruise as all of our category sold out- but I find availability on NCL.com.

,even when making a mock booking.

Edited by Annmeat

I'm seeing something I haven't before and figured that perhaps others could explain.

We are a couple of weeks or so past final payment, prices dropped, a number of folks on our roll call got upgrades, balconies disappeared from inventory and prices for inside staterooms went up $50 or so but the remaining suites stayed at the same pricing. I figured they were getting close selling out insides and OVs. Since I'm hoping for an upsell call to a suite (have a great forward facing balcony) I have been keeping an eye on this. All of the sudden, three or four days ago, our cruise disappeared from the Norwegian website. However, that site that has fish in its name still shows insides, OVs, minis, and suites available.

Any idea what could be going on?

We are also booked on this cruise. Booked a balcony GTY and still waiting for room assignment.

Can you give a better hint about the site with fish in its name? My daughter and husband would like to book but every other site shows sold out.

We are also booked on this cruise. Booked a balcony GTY and still waiting for room assignment.

Can you give a better hint about the site with fish in its name? My daughter and husband would like to book but every other site shows sold out.

Not sure it'll help though, as you can't book on that site.

Have you tried calling NCL?

You should come join our rollcall:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1969243&page=33