Chilkoot tour bus

tweety33

Skagway: Yukon rail & bus excursion: can you tell me more about the seats on Chilkoot 25 passenger bus. I understand they are bucket seats with center isle, two on each side. Is there plenty of leg room for 6'4" man? Best row to sit in? Up front or further back for best photo opps. Best side to sit on for ride back? Any info. is appreciated. It is a lot more then I wanted to spend, but am close to booking it based on the reviews. Thank you

well that does not describe the bus I was on - I suspect that their fleet is comprised of more than one type of bus. The one I was on in 2012 had a combination of forward and side facing seats. I believe these are retired airport shuttle busses so no two may be alike.

I am also interested in the type of bus used for this tour. Our son is two and we need to know if their busses accomodate car seats. I emailed them over two weeks ago with no response.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

They run several buses, so you need to ask them your specific questions. But, if you normally can't tolerate buses, then this is not the tour for you, nor should you assume you are going to get any "prime" seating etc.

I DID ask them the specific questions regarding

THE bus, that is how I got the info. I posted.

Not only do we tolerate buses, we enjoy the bus tours very much.

Do not assume we are assuming a "prime seat":confused:.

Now back to my original question, if any one with experience riding this bus can please give the feedback I would kindly appreciate it:).

Did you feel there is sufficient leg room for a tall person? Did you feel certain rows were better then others for photo opps? Which side of the bus would you recommend for best viewing on the way back?

Thank you in advance.

I am also interested in the type of bus used for this tour. Our son is two and we need to know if their busses accomodate car seats. I emailed them over two weeks ago with no response.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

I sent them my questions last week and got that response the same day regarding the bus description. The did say there is plenty of room, but everyone has a different opinion on that. The very last row of seats in the back is 5 seats across. You could try to email them again regarding the car seat. Good luck:)

Also they hold 25 people, cloth seats, large viewing windows.

Edited by tweety33
left off info.

I DID ask them the specific questions regarding

THE bus, that is how I got the info. I posted.

Not only do we tolerate buses, we enjoy the bus tours very much.

Do not assume we are assuming a "prime seat":confused:.

Now back to my original question, if any one with experience riding this bus can please give the feedback I would kindly appreciate it:).

Did you feel there is sufficient leg room for a tall person? Did you feel certain rows were better then others for photo opps? Which side of the bus would you recommend for best viewing on the way back?

Thank you in advance.

I HAVE been on their buses. It sounds like you got your answers. You state "back" You are doing the Fraser train- first? If so, people generally do not switch seats on the bus, and settle into the same ones. Your White Pass views will be on the left via the Klondike Highway. Not sure what you are booking, but if the Lake Bennett train, then you want to sit on the left side, as I already state, IF you are taking the train from Skagway to Carcross- where you would be sitting on the left side of the train.

Skagway: Yukon rail & bus excursion: can you tell me more about the seats on Chilkoot 25 passenger bus. I understand they are bucket seats with center isle, two on each side. Is there plenty of leg room for 6'4" man? Best row to sit in? Up front or further back for best photo opps. Best side to sit on for ride back? Any info. is appreciated. It is a lot more then I wanted to spend, but am close to booking it based on the reviews. Thank you

My DH is 6'1" and was comfortable on our Chilkoot 25 passenger bus. Up we sat on the right side (passenger side).....Train down from the Summit again the right side. We had great views and we were very comfortable. Enjoy !!

The bus driver pulls over and let's you get off to get your Kodak moments, then resumes the tour. 3/4 of the people went up in the bus, but we dropped them off at the train station on the way back. So we only had 5 people on the way back.

Emerald Lake was amazing.

I've been on their buses twice, and I don't remember any seat belts. You don't mention which tour you are doing, but I'd be concerned about a 2 year old getting bored on a long bus tour. Renting a car and going at your own pace might work better.