Has anyone used Priceline.com for rental cars?

We have used priceline for car rentals quite often. The rental is through one of the top agencies like hertz or enterprise so the cars you get come from the same fleet as if you booked it anywhere else. Right now we have a standard size car booked in baltimore through hertz for 15 dollars a day.

That is much less then what we could get anywhere else. So far it has worked for us. Cindy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have used priceline for cars.

HOWEVER in Miami you hve to be REAL careful. Not all the rental agencies offer shuttle to the pier. National, Budget and Dollar DO NOT. Cab fares from the airport to the port are a bit more that $20 these days.

Therefore, for my 3/04 and 12/05 rentals I used my Entertainment coupon. Cars cost me about $25/day inc taxes and fees and I had the freedom to stay at outlying hotels which are cheaper and don't charge for parking. Also, offer a greater choice of resturants and shopping in ALL price ranges.

• 2 weeks later...

i booked an Alamo car again for my early Dec post cruise stay in MIA. TOTAL cost w/ my entertainment book coupon for a mid-size for 3 days is $81.50 and they DO have pier/airport shuttles.

Entertainment books are available at:

http://www.entertainment.com

You buy the one for your area so you can use other coupons and I find it well worth the $$$. The 2006 books are currently available and start 11/1/05 to 10/31/06. Just ordered my 2006 last week.

i booked an Alamo car again for my early Dec post cruise stay in MIA. TOTAL cost w/ my entertainment book coupon for a mid-size for 3 days is $81.50 and they DO have pier/airport shuttles.

Entertainment books are available at:

http://www.entertainment.com

You buy the one for your area so you can use other coupons and I find it well worth the $$$. The 2006 books are currently available and start 11/1/05 to 10/31/06. Just ordered my 2006 last week.

I booked thru Priceline for the week after x-mas two years ago and got the best deal by far using Priceline. Checked all the websites and after I booked found out I had National Car Rental. Picked up at Tampa Aiport w/o any extra fees. Would reccomend.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Does Priceline allow pickup at Airport and drop off at Pier? (I know it would depend on whether or not the car rental agency you get has this option available...)

We would like to do a rental in Vancouver end of June. Any other discount web-sites to check, rather than "gambling" on Priceline?

Thanks!

Archived