Dublin Ho Ho - which one?

Autumn72

Does anyone have a recommendation for which color HoHo to use in Dublin? So far I have come across a green one and a red one and I think there is blue one in some pictures. We will be there in mid May this year.

I am not sure which one has the most frequent stops. We are planning on using either the shuttle or a cab from the pier to the first stop on whichever ones is recommended.

Thanks!

I love Dublin - Been MAAAAANY TIMES !!

I recommend the - City Sightseeing - or the big red bus

Link - https://citysightseeingdublin.ie/

Make sure you do some shopping on Grafton Street and visit Brown Thomas (big posh department store - Irish equalivent of Harrods )

Also drop by the Guinness Storehouse for the self guided tour around the factory then get to the top to the bar for your free Guinness drink

Look out for the Spire on O`Connell Street - its like a HUGE knitting needle - its the Irish Millenium Dome !!

Dublin is a fantastic city but take LOADS of euros - its not a cheap city !!

Does anyone have a recommendation for which color HoHo to use in Dublin? So far I have come across a green one and a red one and I think there is blue one in some pictures. We will be there in mid May this year.

I am not sure which one has the most frequent stops. We are planning on using either the shuttle or a cab from the pier to the first stop on whichever ones is recommended.

Thanks!

Not sure of the Ho Ho bus, but take the train from the port to town, it is from what I read, is 6 Euro and the fastest way to get to town. We are also wanting to do the Ho Ho bus, so will be happy to see your replies, you get.

Not sure of the Ho Ho bus, but take the train from the port to town, it is from what I read, is 6 Euro and the fastest way to get to town. We are also wanting to do the Ho Ho bus, so will be happy to see your replies, you get.

Slow down guys! The train is from Dun Laoghaire. Dublin port does not have a train service. Please check if you are docking in Dublin port or Dun Laoghaire.

We did the Dublin sight-seeing (green), printed the tickets and took them with us, the bus driver was parked right where Princess drops you off ($8USD ish to get a ride per person). We learned the hard way to either take your own headphones or use the ones they give you, for the pre-recorded bus. HOHOs in Dublin and London have pre-recorded and live commentary, the live is ALWAYS better. But I believe they run less often. We got on and did a loop around the city to get our bearings and then got off at the Jameson Tour, then to Trinity College and walked to Temple Bar for lunch.

We did the Dublin sight-seeing (green), printed the tickets and took them with us, the bus driver was parked right where Princess drops you off ($8USD ish to get a ride per person). We learned the hard way to either take your own headphones or use the ones they give you, for the pre-recorded bus. HOHOs in Dublin and London have pre-recorded and live commentary, the live is ALWAYS better. But I believe they run less often. We got on and did a loop around the city to get our bearings and then got off at the Jameson Tour, then to Trinity College and walked to Temple Bar for lunch.

Thanks everyone for all your comments! Looks like there is a Green bus Team and a Red bus team and both can be picked up at the Princess shuttle drop off at Trinity College so I shall pick one and get the advance tickets online. The port is Dun Laoghaire, not Dublin, so the shuttle it is.

I have been to Dublin on business many times before but this time will be with DH and I want to show him around a bit and have the flexibility to pop in and out of pubs and cafes as we want. I thought the HoHo would be a good economical solution.

Glad you all had a great time in Dublin! I can't wait to go back!

Slainte!

Dianne

We were on the green one last year, got a ticket valid for two days. On the first day, we were jet lagged and fell asleep in the middle of the tour. Got off and went to our hotel. Continued where we left off the 2nd day. It being a weekend and nice weather, we were moving very slowly in traffic. Besides which, the bus was packed and we had to sit apart. On top of all that, the 2nd half was sooo boring. We got off 2 stops early and went for a pint. Can't say I'd recommend the green one, but the red one may not be much better.

You should check the itin for the ho ho busses as 2 different routes and also whether it is live commentary, otherwise you will get the headsets, etc.

This is the green busses:

There are two routes on the tour, the Original route is 90 minutes long with 23 stops conveniently located close to Dublin's most popular attractions. You can hop-off at any time to go visit attractions like Dublin Zoo, the Guinness Storehouse or The Book of Kells in Trinity College. Your guide will point out all the most famous landmarks and points of interest along the way, showing you where famous Dubliners like James Joyce, Oscar Wilde and Samuel Beckett (among others) lived and spent their time.

We took the red bus tour:

http://www.city-sightseeing.com/tours/ireland/dublin.htm

Again, make sure it is live commentary as it does make a difference. We had a wonderful tour. We did the entire loop w/out getting off as we had a very limited amount of time in port. Princess shortened our sailaway so we had to pick and choose.

We took the shuttle bus from port. After we did the loop we got off, stopped to see Molly Malone, Ha'Penny Bridge, visited some stores and walked back to where shuttle was picking us up. We made the best of a very limited day. Think red and green busses run the same schedule. Lots of people got off at Guinness store! Wish we had time to do that.

• 1 month later...