Upgrading on Embarkation Day?

abisha

I was just curious... can you ask to be upgraded when checking in at the port (but not expecting it to be a free upgrade but rather offering to pay upon finding out what the cost to upgrade is). Can they change you last minute for whatever the cost is if a cabin is available that you may like better?

I was just curious... can you ask to be upgraded when checking in at the port (but not expecting it to be a free upgrade but rather offering to pay upon finding out what the cost to upgrade is). Can they change you last minute for whatever the cost is if a cabin is available that you may like better?

No upgrades at the pier. You can always ask once onboard but usually told the sailing is full.

There is always a sign at passenger services announcing the cruise is full and no rooms are available. Whether it's true or not, it does show that they don't want you asking for an upgrade.

Yes its glued down so it does not fall off the counter during rough seas. :cool:

No not at the pier. As others said you must do it ahead of time. I am not sure and others can gently correct me, but I think it must be done atleast five days prior. I know that cruise personalizers are not available after that date.
The check-in people at the pier do not have access to the booking system so even if they were willing, they couldn't do anything.

Your Cruise Personalizer isn't available within five days of sailing. However, you can call Princess or your TA to upgrade yourself. I think up to 24 hours before sailing.