Breakaway Dining - Manhattan Savor and Taste

goldesq

I realize these are complimentary but are there any differences to them? All I see is that Manhattan has tablecloths, music and dancing. Is the menu different? Do any require/allow reservations? Do any have (different) dress requirements?

Also, is at least one open for lunch and dinner daily even on port days?

I realize these are complimentary but are there any differences to them? All I see is that Manhattan has tablecloths, music and dancing. Is the menu different? Do any require/allow reservations? Do any have (different) dress requirements?

All have tablecloths; none are open on port days for lunch. Same menu. Yes to reservations; same dress requirements.

The menus may be different, at least that was true on the Getaway last year. Only difference in the dress code is that there are no shorts in the Manhattan Room. You may make reservations at any of them, but they're typically not necessary.

Edited by DDD06

The menus may be different, at least that was true on the Getaway last year. Only difference in the dress code is that there are no shorts in the Manhattan Room. You may make reservations at any of them, but they're typically not necessary.

Although I highly doubt I would do it, do people wear jeans in the the Manhattan Dining Room for dinner?

The menus may be different, at least that was true on the Getaway last year. Only difference I. Gone dress is that there are no shorts in the Manhattan Room. You may make reservations at any of them, but they're typically not necessary.

I got off the BA on Friday; in any restaurant, say between 6 and 8PM, if you didn't have a reservation, chances are you'd be handed a beeper to be called when a table was available. Taste and Savor always had the same menu; Manhattan was the same, maybe with a few extras, but not necessarily. I never saw shorts at dinner; I did see capris. It was the same in January 2014 as well.

I got off the BA on Friday; in any restaurant, say between 6 and 8PM, if you didn't have a reservation, chances are you'd be handed a beeper to be called when a table was available. Taste and Savor always had the same menu; Manhattan was the same, maybe with a few extras, but not necessarily. I never saw shorts at dinner; I did see capris. It was the same in January 2014 as well.

Thanks for everything......Shorts I would never wear at dinner but never been on a cruise that allowed jeans in the DR. This is new for me. I usually travel on Princess.

Yes, jeans are permitted, and people do wear them.

Thanks. I think for me, at least, coming/boarding from a cold climate, it might only be on the first and last day of the cruise that I would be tempted to wear jeans in the MDR.

OH since I 'have' you and you just got off the ship, do you recall there being bars right outside the 3 dining rooms so I can sit and have a drink with my beeper. :)

OH since I 'have' you and you just got off the ship, do you recall there being bars right outside the 3 dining rooms so I can sit and have a drink with my beeper. :)

You can bet your sweet bippy there are bars located EXACTLY outside Taste and Savor... where you will be waiting with your beeper. NCL is not stupid. Greedy, but not stupid.

Edited by Cruise Cynic

Thanks. I think for me, at least, coming/boarding from a cold climate, it might only be on the first and last day of the cruise that I would be tempted to wear jeans in the MDR.

I live in Manhattan, too, and those are exactly the days I wore jeans to dinner. And long sleeves. And a jacket. They don't stint on air con. The last night I'd already packed my luggage and left it outside my cabin so they could take it off the ship so the jeans were a "must". Have a great time on the Breakaway!

It's always cold coming and going in jan and feb.

Anyway, the menu in taste and savor was exactly the same this jan with the manhattan being a little different. maybe one extra appetizer or some other dessert.

We did see shorts in the manhattan many nights over our 12 night jan breakaway cruise. Which was surprising as last Jan, we did not.

We like the manhattan dining room for the music. It makes dinner enjoyable.

My husband, kids and I never went to Manhattan or Taste, but frequently to Savor. Never needed a reservation (October 26-Nov 2 2014) and for the Love of God, get the Chocolate Volcano cake with gelato...my dear, fit pro athlete husband devoured at least two every time we went!

When we return this October, we plan on going to Manhattan for sure!

The décor in Savor was lovely, and we were seated at the window to see waves crashing against the ship...it was fun!

Are the tables for 2 in the dining rooms really tables for 2?! On other cruises, so many times we were seated at a table for "2" except we were really rubbing elbows with the people next to us and you couldn't help but hear each other's conversations.

Are the tables for 2 in the dining rooms really tables for 2?! On other cruises ... seated at a table for "2" ... rubbing elbows ... and ... hear each other's conversations.

A little bit of both, both Taste & Savor had tables of 2 that spaced just like other tables for 4, 5, 6 or more. Then, there are "convertible" LOL tables for 4 that they can split into two tables for 2 each and you know how close they can be sometimes - as those sometimes get merge into a table for 6 and then another table for 2, especially at peak time. If you dine early, late or in-between when there's plenty of stations & servers available - the host/ess won't try to "jam" everyone in and/or you can asked for a different table if you spot on (and the person at the podium aren't always happy about it with the facial expression in re/assigning)

For breakfast & lunch, shorts are acceptable at all 3 dining rooms but at dining time, it's smart casual dress code at the bigger MDR, the Manhattan but they do allow neat/clean jeans (no holes, etc.) & requested it in the printed Dailies. However, as others said - we've all seen adults walking out & into with shorts and didn't notice anyone being "bounced" or asked to change their outfit before getting seated or served - and, definitely not from the wait team at the table. It's a matter of courtesy & respect - as the food served at on the same menu and come out of the same kitchen gallery. BF & lunch, there's no white tablecloth as only placemats are used but for dinner service, it's tablecloth & napkins - although they no longer put the xtra wine glasses on each table, etc.

On dress-up-or-not (the semi/formal night or captain's night/welcome, etc.) nights - some folks (the "minority") would dress up & head for all the MDR's as some like to have dining pictures taken or pose with the senior officers/captain in the lobby atrium, while others will go as they wish. I cruise/travel for work with at least one dress shirt and taking along a neat tie won't take up much extra luggage space at all - and, when called for, put it on - for these "short" 7 nights cruise going to the tropical climate, the navy blazer or dinner "jacket" often stay back at home (less to pack & carry, easier on pulling the "roller")

Edited by mking8288