Serenade Troubles?

twopats

Does anyone know the date the Serenade of the Seas was last refurbished? Has there been any problems like the sailing from New Orleans experienced in later cruises? We are booked on the ship in October so am concerned and have questions.

Trish

Serenade was refurbished in 2012. We sailed on her February 2014 and will be on again in April. Love this ship. No problems I've heard of other than the one the end of January, which was repaired prior to the next boarding and only affected passengers on one trip (other than the ones on board when the problem happened).

Hi Bama_girl. When do you leave? We are on the April 4th sailing. But I have to warn you----we are LSU fans! :)

We are also on the April 4th sailing.:) And, hey, I have lots of friends who are LSU fans, so that's ok, at least we are all SEC! :D Have y'all signed up for the M&M?

Does anyone know the date the Serenade of the Seas was last refurbished? Has there been any problems like the sailing from New Orleans experienced in later cruises? We are booked on the ship in October so am concerned and have questions.

Trish

A broken water pipe can happen on any ship of any age. The fact that it apparently caused damage to an electrical sub-panel is just unfortunate. Refurbishment or drydocking would have nothing to do with whether a pipe breaks or not, the piping is not routinely renewed. The Dec 2012 drydocking was a 3 week shipyard, a bit longer than most, due to the additions of new venues, etc., but along with the extra time for public space refurbishment, this allows more time for "infrastructure" upgrades/repairs. That was a $29 million shipyard.

What specific questions do you have that concern you?

• 2 weeks later...

Sailed on the Serenade in October 2013 for our honeymoon in the Mediterranean. BEAUTIFUL ship. We had an awesome time, 12 nights of fantastic service and food. I really can't say enough good things about it. Have a great time!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got off the Serenade yesterday. Everything is fine on board. One of my favorite ships!

We will be on her in 3 weeks from yesterday! Looking forward to sailing on her for the first and, most likely, the last time.

We will be sailing on April 4th as well. Being from Georgia we are a house divided, Georgia Tech for me & UGA for my hubby. Looking forward to our trip.

Fortunately we are not a house divided. I would have to dis-own my DH if he were an Auburn fan, lol. We have friends from Douglasville GA cruising with us (both Bama fans, too, but at least it's all SEC! We rock!) See you at the M&M!