August, 2016 Journey Sailings Disappeared

JVNYC

Hi Bonnie. I have been eyeing the 2 below sailings on Journey for a little while and just noticed today that they are no longer listed on the website.

Can you tell me if the 2 below sailings on Journey were chartered or are sold out?

Aug 2, 2016 - 7 night Greek Islands (Istanbul to Athens)

Aug 9, 2016 - 10 night Summer Holiday (Athens to Istanbul)

Thanks so much!

Thanks Bonnie!

I have 2 friends on both of these sailings and I've noticed that the website didn't list sold out for any of the categories and then suddenly they vanished. If they are sold out that is certainly ok.

My friends have a concern however. They are concerned that a large group may have taken up the remaining rooms. While I think groups are a great thing, I don't think spending 17 nights with a large group is what they are looking for and they'd rather book another sailing.

Is there any way to know if there is a large group that has taken these sailings?

Thanks! Joe

There are only three 2016 departures for the Journey showing right now from June through August.

June 23

July 3

August 29

We have July 3, so I'm relieved for now, but it's hard to believe that those are the only three itineraries available to book from June through August 2016. Maybe they are reconfiguring itineraries.

Edited by hubofhockey

Hi Bonnie. I called Azamara this morning to inquire about booking these 2 sailings and the reservationist did confirm that these 2 sailings have been chartered and are not open for booking. This is different from what you mentioned earlier.

Can you kindly confirm? Thank you.

Hi there. Thanks for this info. I believe that is the Quest (which I heard about earlier). These 2 I am looking at are on the Journey.

I did a search, but came up with the Quest. I did another search and found another site with a charter on Azamara but it did not say the ship's name.

Hi Bonnie. I called Azamara this morning to inquire about booking these 2 sailings and the reservationist did confirm that these 2 sailings have been chartered and are not open for booking. This is different from what you mentioned earlier.

Can you kindly confirm? Thank you.

Hello JVNYC, I believe you were misinformed. The Journey is not chartered in August 2016.

Hello JVNYC, I believe you were misinformed. The Journey is not chartered in August 2016.

Thanks Bonnie. Should I just wait for them to reappear on the website then? Sorry to bother, just seems odd that they don't know. Thanks! Joe

Thanks Bonnie. Should I just wait for them to reappear on the website then? Sorry to bother, just seems odd that they don't know. Thanks! Joe

Last week I was told they'd be back up by the end of this week. The web-gurus are busy getting them back in good form. I expect them up earlier than Friday. Stay tuned.

I have started a new thread that explains a bit about Journey ~ Summer 2016.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45721869#post45721869

Thanks Bonnie, that explains alot! My friends are getting in touch with their travel agent. They want to cancel unfortunately. I'm hoping Azamara won't charge them the penalty since Azamara completely changed the itineraries.

I appreciate all the info you bring to us! Thx!

I am booked on the August 2016 Journey cruise to the Greek Isles on August 2nd. Bonnie, I have heard nothing from Azamara. Could you tell me please what is going on with my cruise? Thanks

Are you booked through a Travel Partner? If so he/she should be hearing this week and will contact you. If you booked direct, you'll be hearing directly.

Otherwise we all must wait for the itineraries to be announced some time this week.

Sorry I can't be of more help right now, right here.