Constellation gym open on embarkation day?

Flafun888

While everyone's at the buffet or pool on day one waiting for cabins to be ready, was really hoping to sneak in a quick workout. Just wondering if they let people use the gym. Before bugging everyone here, I tried searching for the answer in past threads. Older 2012-2013 thread said said no...gym is not open...only avail for walk thru tours. But someone on there disputed that, saying he saw people working out early before cabins were ready...he thought maybe they don't enforce it. Someone else said they don't open until later that day/evening.

Anyone have more recent info from the past few months?

While everyone's at the buffet or pool on day one waiting for cabins to be ready, was really hoping to sneak in a quick workout. Just wondering if they let people use the gym. Before bugging everyone here, I tried searching for the answer in past threads. Older 2012-2013 thread said said no...gym is not open...only avail for walk thru tours. But someone on there disputed that, saying he saw people working out early before cabins were ready...he thought maybe they don't enforce it. Someone else said they don't open until later that day/evening.

Anyone have more recent info from the past few months?

Just got off the Connie and no the gym wasn't open for use prior to sailing.

In the summit when we did the b2b the gym was open all day. I had my work out while they were doing tours

I was on the Summit in November 2014 and noticed a few people using the gym during embarkation. It will likely close for muster though.

I get it with working out and not skipping because it's vacation. I was planning to use it on embarkation day, but because I naturally wake up early I was able to squeeze the workout in before heading to the pier. I only went to the gym on the Summit to see if I could have used it and the answer was yes.

Every cruise I've ever been on (5) the 1st thing I do when boarding is head to the gym to book spinning, pilates, ... classes and there are always people working out. The gym must be unlocked even if not officially open. If not oficially open I still can't imagine the gym staff asking you to leave unless there has been some change in insurance. I think you will be fine. (you may be wanting for a shower)

Next cruise (3/26) I think I may try an embarkation day workout as my wife always take a nap due to typically early flights.

-Terry

Every cruise I've ever been on (5) the 1st thing I do when boarding is head to the gym to book spinning, pilates, ... classes and there are always people working out. The gym must be unlocked even if not officially open. If not oficially open I still can't imagine the gym staff asking you to leave unless there has been some change in insurance. I think you will be fine. (you may be wanting for a shower)

Next cruise (3/26) I think I may try an embarkation day workout as my wife always take a nap due to typically early flights.

-Terry

I was planning to use it on embarkation day, but because I naturally wake up early I was able to squeeze the workout in before heading to the pier.

That's exactly what I ended up doing....we're 20 min from port, so I worked out at home that morning, just to make sure I got it in. But I want to thank everyone for their suggestions or comments...for those of you with cruises yet to come, the gym WAS indeed open on the first day...I went by to check it out and people were using it. Just got back this weekend. It was a GREAT cruise! :)

I was planning to use it on embarkation day, but because I naturally wake up early I was able to squeeze the workout in before heading to the pier.

That's exactly what I ended up doing....we're 20 min from port, so I worked out at home that morning, just to make sure I got it in. But I want to thank everyone for their suggestions or comments...for those of you with cruises yet to come, the gym WAS indeed open on the first day...I went by to check it out and people were using it. Just got back this weekend. It was a GREAT cruise! :)

Good morning, glad you had a GREAT cruise:D....did you sail

Constellation?.....I am going this Saturday:)....oh you were on

Connie.......it is in the title......I should have paid more attention...

Edited by Lois R

Good morning, glad you had a GREAT cruise:D....did you sail

Constellation?.....I am going this Saturday:)....oh you were on

Connie.......it is in the title......I should have paid more attention...

Yup...we were the 5 day 2/21 sailing...really enjoyed it. The CD is terrific ( I read somewhere that he's fairly new?), entertainment was quite good for the most part and we were blessed with terrific weather. Our sailing was sold out, but other than the impossibility of getting a pool lounger, (we just sat at the edge of the pool and were fine,) the sellout didn't really pose too much of a problem. Crowds never felt overwhelming like I hear it can be on the larger ships. Hope all goes great for you too.

Yup...we were the 5 day 2/21 sailing...really enjoyed it. The CD is terrific ( I read somewhere that he's fairly new?), entertainment was quite good for the most part and we were blessed with terrific weather. Our sailing was sold out, but other than the impossibility of getting a pool lounger, (we just sat at the edge of the pool and were fine,) the sellout didn't really pose too much of a problem. Crowds never felt overwhelming like I hear it can be on the larger ships. Hope all goes great for you too.

Thanks:)....I don't usually care about sitting by the pool so it should

not be an issue for me.

I like the Oceanview Bar which is all the way AFT of the buffet:D

Constellation?.....I am going this Saturday:).....

(Off Topic)

Lois, we are finally sailing at the same time and YOU are on the wrong ship. You should be on Reflection. ;) :D

I like the Oceanview Bar which is all the way AFT of the buffet

Only had an OV room, so I spent every sunset there :) They had a wonderful singer. Relaxing voice...Nora Jones style music. Low key. She played from around 5:30 thru 6:30 each nite we were there.

Edited by Flafun888

(Off Topic)

Lois, we are finally sailing at the same time and YOU are on the wrong ship. You should be on Reflection. ;) :D

Hi Texed:) are we in the same ports at all (on the same day?)

We go to Key West and Cozumel.

I like the Oceanview Bar which is all the way AFT of the buffet

Only had an OV room, so I spent every sunset there :) They had a wonderful singer. Relaxing voice...Nora Jones style music. Low key. She played from around 5:30 thru 6:30 each nite we were there.

Ohhh......I will look for her!:)