Hotel moment of panic

brookie848

Our cruise is on March 1 out of Miami. We are staying at the Holiday Inn POM. We booked the hotel back in September and the last I checked (in case the price dropped -- haha) there was no availability for the night we need.

So today, being the planner that I am, I started printing out all of the documents we need for our cruise.

I open up our hotel reservation (which my husband made) and see the check-in date as March 1 and the check-out date as March 2. I have a complete and utter moment of panic.

I foresee my lunch being time spent online desperately trying to find a hotel room for a Saturday, preferably in Miami, at the last-minute. One that is nice and near things we want it to be near. One that won't cost as much as the cruise. I email my husband and let him know the situation.

And then I go to the second hotel reservation, which I think is for the night we are staying in Baltimore. It isn't. It's the corrected Miami reservation. I quickly breathe a sigh of relief.

Why I didn't delete the incorrect reservation back in September, I don't know. But I learned a lesson. When you make a reservation mistake and update it -- delete the mistake! It will save you some panic five months later. :D

Good luck to you.

Call the front desk of the hotel itself, not the reservation 800 line. Maybe they can help you as they should have a better understand of what's available. Often groups will block out a section of rooms and then not need them all.

If you need to rebook somewhere, since you're flying in, take a look at the hotels near the airport with shuttles to the port Blue Lagoon area has some nice hotels. la Quinta Airport MIA is an older facility but they do have a shuttle and are usually very reasonably priced.

We have the reservation for the correct day. My husband initially booked the wrong one and then immediately changed it.

I wouldn't want to be looking for a hotel for a Saturday night 10 days out. Not my idea of good way to start a vacation.

OMG!!! I can't even believe how awful that would have been if he hadn't caught that and fixed it immediately. Our last cruise out of Miami was the same weekend as the Miami marathon and hotels were impossible to find. We stayed at the Holiday Inn POM, which was our second choice. It turned out to be a great hotel.