Sonesta Fort Lauderdale or Hyatt place 17th street?

PR Cruisers

Hello! I stayed at the Hyatt Place last summer "precruise", just 1 night and we absolutely loved it!! We booked through ValueTrips.com and got a rate of $98.00. We were shocked at what a great deal this was, considering regular room rate was $189.00. We were picked up promptly from airport by shuttle and brought to the hotel for FREE (of course we tipped) and it was conveniently located next to at least 6 different restaurants and shopping strip mall. It was clean, safe and modern, not seedy or dangerous looking at all. We had a wonderful dinner at Duffy's, and walked over to the Publix grocery store to buy some last minute items we forgot. Publix also sells wine as well if you are looking to bring some on board.

The room is ridiculously big, with a separate living area, desk, refrig. and very clean!! In the morning we enjoyed a beautifully displayed breakfast in the lobby, eating area. It was very surprising how much food was offered and it was also FREE! After breakfast, we walked outside and got on the our shuttle (we registered the night before at the front desk) and got a ride to the Port. It was $14.00 for the two of us. Yes,you can get a taxi for probably $10 but I am ALL about the convenience. Everything was so smooth, and the staff so genuinely friendly, I can't wait to stay there again!!

If you are looking to go to Las Olas for night time entertainment, it's just a quick taxi ride away. We did not however because by the time we got settled, walked over to get dinner and went to grocery store we were ready to get some sleep since we wanted to be up bright and early to start our cruise adventure the next morning!!

Staying at the Hyatt 17th St FLL is like staying at a Hyatt in the heart of Cleveland. Staying at the Sonesta, with the blue atlantic across the street lined by the talk coconut palms, well you know you are in South Florida!

Worldspan

Hahaha! Good analogy!

We are between these hotels for a pre-cruise.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We stayed at the Hyatt last time we sailed out of FLL and are staying there again this June. It's a very nice place with lots of shopping nearby and actually an Outback Steakhouse next door which was nice to start off our vacation:D I used valuetrips.com last time with no issues and have booked through them again this time.