Car Rental??

sjlogghe

We are making a stop at Grand Cayman - I was doing some research, and a lot of people suggest going to rum point. I read somewhere that because it's on the other side of the island, a taxi is very expensive and is hard to get for the ride back to the ship. It was suggested to rent a car.

Just so that I'm on the same page - if renting a car, I rent from George Town, correct?? Everywhere I look on carnival just says Grand Cayman, it never lists the specific town!

Has anyone ever rented a car here? Do you do it ahead of time, or can you rent one at the port?

We don't really want to do any other excursion - just go to the beach, lay out, have drinks, and relax. I didn't find anywhere that offered just transportation.

Thanks for any info/tips!

most of the car rental places have one office, out by the airport . . . altho there is ONE close to the port as I recall

{http://www.andys.ky/}. The ones by the airport will usually pick you up and take you to their office. 10 - 15 minute ride . .

Royal Palms, Seven Mile Beach, Sunset House, Eden Rock, shopping downtown are all walkable or a short taxi ride ... or bus in many cases.

http://thebusschedule.com/EN/ky/#.VOZUW_0tHcs

(bus route to Sunset House area is reported to be very unreliable ..... report comes from Sunset House!)

Edited by Capt_BJ