Oasis questions?

jamesr3939

Leaving on the 14th, staying in a suite, have MTD, renting cabana, no plans to get off except at Labadee, bought drink package, and will be doing the Prohibition Party. Traveling with my niece who has a three year old so might be able to answer some of those related questions, no promises.

Give me your questions and I will do my best to check out and report back. I will try to write as much a possible while onboard, but can't make any promises as I hate typing on the IPad.

Hi! First, have an amazing time. I would love to hear you report back regarding your experience with the drink package. Which did you choose? We leave on the Oasis in April and are considering the premium package. Also would love to hear your opinion on the pool area and any activities (haven't seen many people report on that). We are going with a group of adults but spend a lot of time soaking in sun by the pool. Let me know your opinion of MDR and Windjammer and the other "free" dining experiences if you try them. I don't know if you are "hang out at a bar in the evening" kind of people but we like to have a few drinks in the evening and I'm interested in what bars are the favorites. I'm also wondering about how much motion you feel as I've heard a couple reports lately that cause me concern.

I bought the Ultimate package since water and juice aren't a big thing for us. I did order some bottled water to be delivered to the cabin. Buying the package, any package, was a topic of conversation between DW and I. We have never bought it before so decided to try it this time. I plan to keep close track so I can say, "I told you so." That being said, I think if I just break even it's good for the "no fuss" factor.

We aren't much into ship board activities and just spend most of the day on a lounger with a book. So if your are interested in the hairy chest or limbo contests I can't help. We did book the zip line on Labadee. We had it booked a few years ago, but the wind came up and they canceled it just as we were standing at the ledge about to jump. Bummer! So hope to finish up this time.

Why buy the Ultimate package if water and juice are not a big thing for you? Bottled water comes with the Premium package, and booze is the same between the two. And as bottled water is included innpackage, why order a bottled water package also? Seems odd to me. I suppose if coffees are important, the Ultimate would make sense....help me understand, if you don't mind....no worries if you do mind though.

Enjoy, we love Oasis!!

We have had the premium package on several cruises. We tend to grab a bottle here and there so we have it in the room when needed. It is included. Sparkling water and the big bottles aren't, but bottles from the bar are included.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my "concierge" Email yesterday. Here is what is current for suite guest as of yesterday. You will see there are only 11 cabanas available on BB as of this Email. That's because some have already been reserved.

Dear Suite Guest,

Our names are Allan and Israel and we are your Concierge onboard the amazing Oasis of the Seas. We are honored that you have chosen Royal Caribbean for your cruise vacation. I will be available to assist you throughout your cruise. My hours in the Suite Lounge are daily from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

As a suite guest you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard the Oasis of the Seas. For your convenience, here is a brief summary of the services:

• Use of the Suite Lounge located on deck 17 aft.

• Continental Breakfast in the Suite Lounge, deck 17 daily from 7:30 am to 10:00 am.

• Ala Carte Breakfast in Coastal Kitchen, deck 17 from 8:00 am to 10:00 am the days at sea (port days 7:30 pm to 10:00 am).

• Ala Carte Lunch in Coastal Kitchen, deck 17 daily from noon to 1:30 pm ( days at Sea) , Continental Lunch available noon till 2:00 pm ( days at Port)

• Complimentary beverages served in the Suite Lounge daily from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

• Ala carte dinner at Coastal Kitchen, deck 17 starboard side, from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm (reservations are required; please dial 29190 between 9:00 am and 3:30 pm).

• Spa bathrobes for use onboard and upgraded bathroom toiletries.

• Exclusive Reception for suite guests with the Captain and Senior Officers (please find invitation left in the suite).

• Daily Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant menus displayed in the lounge.

• Full Dining Room service privilege, available when Dining Room is open (please see the insert menus in the Suite Binder).

• Reservations for any of our Specialty Restaurants, Sport Activities, Shore Excursions, Vitality Spa services.

• Complimentary pressing service on the first formal night.

• Private sun deck with loungers and cabanas on deck 17 forward. (Cabanas are limited and are available on a first-come-first served basis). Deck 17 sun deck is a smoke-free area.

• Complementary luggage valet and onboard check-in service for flights out of Fort Lauderdale and Miami’s airport with eligible airlines.

• Limited VIP seats for the shows in Opal Theater (First 2 rows center, Deck 5), Studio B (Three front rows on left hand side pavilion) and Aqua Theater (first 2 rows from the top). Please show your SeaPass card at the entrance 20 minutes prior to show time as booked seats will be given away 10 minutes prior to show time.

• Mattel Board Games available under request in the Suite Lounge (please see the insert menu in the Suite Binder).

• Complimentary fruit plate and Evian water on boarding day

• Upgraded bathroom amenities.

The Barefoot Beach Club & Cabanas are located on the private island destination of Labadee. This exclusive beach, is available only to the top suite guests and those guests renting cabanas (up to 6 guests), offers VIP service and amenities to enhance the vacation experience of these valued guests.

Cabana reservations are for the entire day in Labadee, charges are per cabana and not per person. You could reserve a cabana at your earliest convenience by replying to this email. Bear in mind the "24 hours Cancellation Policy". Guests who previously sailed on Royal Caribbean ships and are aware of the cabanas contact Royal Advantage (shore side office help desk for suite guests) and Concierge directly , due to this reason some cabana categories may sell out faster than others. Please note these reservations are in a first-come-first service.

We only have 7 Hilltop Cabana's - $225 and 4 Standard Cabana's - $175 on your cruise available on your cruise. cabana reservations are not guaranteed and is on a first come first serve as we communicate to all Suite Guests ( 88 Suites in total) via email .

The Genesis Class ship (Oasis and Allure) are the only two ships that require reservations for most of the shows, these reservations are electronic, for guests in staterooms. Gold SeaPass cards holders (suite guests) are able to attend the shows without processing reservations by only showing their gold SeaPass card at the entrance and can also access the reserved VIP area at the entertainment venues (due to the limited space, the only exception is the Comedy Live for the Adult Standup Comedy Show where reservations are still required and there is no reserved seating area). Once onboard please visit me in the Suite Lounge on Day 1 and I will be glad to process Standup Comedy reservations for you if needed.

Great News! make your own reservations for our entertainment venues, dining, Vitality at Sea Spa and sports, as well as, Explorations! on-line please visit our website. In order to complete your on-line reservations you will need to have your booking ID and sailing date.

We will be able to assist you onboard with Spa and Shore Excursions on Boarding Day in the Suite Lounge on Deck 17 from 1:00 pm until 3:30 pm and 5:00 pm till 8:30 pm.

The Suite Lounge is a private area exclusive for guests staying in the Grand Suites and above categories and is accessible 24-hours with your SeaPass card.

Dress code:

We respectfully request that guests observe a casual dress code (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times) when visiting the lounge.

Age requirement:

To ensure all our guests are able to enjoy these exclusive venues we require that all guests 20 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

The lounge is designated smoke-free area. Food and beverages are for consumption within the lounge only.

It will be our pleasure to assist you in any way to make your cruise experience the more enjoyable and wish you an unforgettable time onboard the Oasis of the Seas.

We look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email me back if you have any questions.

Please send us an email and we will confirm your reservation based on the order we receive the email.

Leaving on the 14th, staying in a suite, have MTD, renting cabana, no plans to get off except at Labadee, bought drink package, and will be doing the Prohibition Party. Traveling with my niece who has a three year old so might be able to answer some of those related questions, no promises.

Give me your questions and I will do my best to check out and report back. I will try to write as much a possible while onboard, but can't make any promises as I hate typing on the IPad.

We are sailing a couple of weeks after you...If you are planning to get compass copies for the week could you also get copies of the 18-20 year old activities and the teen club that covers 16 and 17 year olds...I will be traveling with 3 boys for Spring Break ages 16, 17, and 18...they would like an idea of the most current activities offered...thank you so much..

We sailed on Oasis last week and according to the Day 1 Cruise Compass, here is a sample: 18-20+ Hey, Young Adults, Plan on This: Check out our Weekly Planner for ways to get to know other guests ages 18 through their 20's. Take part in informal and hosted activities like FlowRider, Windjammer Dinner and nightclub parties. Ask you stateroom attendant or stop by Guest Services for more information. 10:30pm - 11:00pm. Welcome Aboard Meet & Greet, Blaze, Deck 4 (meet by the DJ booth).

Adventure Ocean Teen Program Open House (ages 12-17) in the Living Room on Deck 15 was from noon to 3:30pm on Day 1. Also, Dodgeball (ages 12-17) in the Sports Court on Deck 15 at 10pm.

We didn't see too many teens wandering around looking for something to do all week - there were plenty of activities for kids of all ages every day. The kids area on Deck 14 at the front of the ship was the largest we've ever seen on a cruise ship.

Edited by Diver2014

I sent the concierge an Email four weeks out requesting two specific cabanas (S2 & S3) under my reservation and my brother's reservation. I didn't hear anything back right away and was set to Email again at one week. However, he Emailed me back at two weeks confirming S4 & S5.

James, thanks for the cabana info. Would you also report back if the suites have pool towels in the room or if they are on the chairs in the sundeck area. I know on Indy we just flashed the gold card and they gave us towels at the towel desk without having to check them out. Each ship seems to be different though.

We were on Oasis two weeks ago but not in an Owners Suite (wish, wish).

There was a circular receptacle next to the desk that had 3 plug ins. There is also a receptacle in near the ceiling in the bathroom for shavers. You'd best bring a long extension cord and let your room steward know the reason.

James, thanks for the cabana info. Would you also report back if the suites have pool towels in the room or if they are on the chairs in the sundeck area. I know on Indy we just flashed the gold card and they gave us towels at the towel desk without having to check them out. Each ship seems to be different though.

We were just in a suite on Allure and there were no pool towels in the suite or in the suite sundeck area. We haven't had to check out towels on any RCCL ship in a very long time (with or without a gold card).

Thank you so much!

Lakelover51....I use a CPAP also. Send an e-mail to: special_needs@rccl.com giving them your Ship, Sailing Date and Res #. Advise them that you will need electrical access for the CPAP. Also, if you need distilled water, let them know. They have these items available and it sure beats dragging a gallon of water and an extension cord. I have been doing this for the last three cruises and your room steward will be on top of things. :)

James, first of all, we certainly wish you a bon voyage! We were in an OS on Allure a couple of years back and it was fabulous.

If you get a chance, I am interested in any additional info you can share about the new Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. Particularly interested in the dinner menu for the Coastal Kitchen, as well as any pics of the lounge or restaurant you might share. From what I have seen posted so far post dry dock, they are a work in progress, and just wondering how that progress is going.

Thanks, and enjoy your trip!

BobJ

Edited by johnbob7
typo

This is the menu I found on CK several months back.

Coastal Kitchen (suite only restaurant) will be on Deck 17 along with a Suite Lounge B/L/D

APPETIZERS

Hummus Trip, Whipped Goat Cheese, Guacamole Tapenade, Almond Tabbouleh, Smoked Eggplant Dip, Crispy Flatbread

ZUCCHINI FRITO

Stuffed with Fresh Ricotta, Fra Diavolo Sauce

SEVILLIAN DEVILS ON HORSEBACK

Serrano Ham-Wrapped Dates, Stuffed with Manchego Cheese, Quince Membrillo

SALAMI & FETA CROSTINI

Toasted Baguette, Roasted Grapes, Herbes De Provence, Olive Oil Drizzle

ASPARAGUS & LEEK TART

Gruyere Cheese, Puff Pastry Shell

SEA BASS CEVICHE

Pink Peppercorn, Grapefruit Segments, Avocado Cream, Cucumber Jalapeño Salsa

GOLDEN BEET SALAD

Quinoa Pilaf, Avocado, Citrus-Caesar Vinaigrette