airfare general question

bulldogmommy

OK, I know there are lots of factors here, but I'm just asking for a price range on roundtrip airfare to Barcelona from New Orleans or Houston area...

Well seasoned traveler and cruisers, just a newbie to Europe... in our planning stages.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

OK, I know there are lots of factors here, but I'm just asking for a price range on roundtrip airfare to Barcelona from New Orleans or Houston area...

Well seasoned traveler and cruisers, just a newbie to Europe... in our planning stages.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Not knowing when you are planning your trip, I did a quick quote from Houston and return in mid June. (Airfare from New Orleans differs slightly)Best rate at the moment is around $1560 and changes depending upon your desired connections or airlines.

We would suggest that OP simply go on a decent airline booking/pricing site like Kayak and run a few scenarios. You will immediately see the various prices (for up to 330 days in advance) and also get a good feel for the various routes, timing, etc.

Hank

A year ago I did exactly what Hank suggested for our trip early this summer to get a baseline and was lucky enough to pay $300 less than my expected budget. Of course I knew it could be a little more but I hoped for the best. I also discovered that my assumption that I could catch a direct flight to BCN from BOS was flawed. :eek:

Hank,

Thanks again for the help you provide on all of these boards.

Sheal

Edited by Sheal

Yes, take a look at Kayak to get a general idea. We are paying $1150 per person for a direct flight from Charlotte, NC. We booked about 5 months ahead. I checked a couple weeks later to see if prices had gone up or down and they were up to $1300. I've read the airlines will NOT be dropping prices due to oil/gas prices going down. Bummer!